• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

UPDATE: Police RAID house of gun-toting St. Louis lawyer couple and confiscate the AR-15

The mob was on the road. Yes a private road. But they were not on their property.

The fact that they were armed is irrelevant. just like its irrelevant to a cop if they make the bulge on your belt and can see that you are armed.

Trigger discipline/training is not something to gloss over. There is a huge difference between greeting a mob with a gun at low ready and continuously pointing it at them with your finger on the trigger.

All of my arguments are predicated on a couple of things that I believe to be true. If I'm wrong, then its different.

1) the group stayed on the street except for a stray person or two.
2) the armed members did not point their guns at the homeowners.

If the group as a whole started to advance on the homeowners, then the homeowners were justified.
If those with the firearms were pointing at the homeowners then the homeowners actions were justified.

I don't know about that - the "they were not on their property" thing that is.

I can't find the picture now - but if you go look at the aerial shots of the McKloskey's property - there is a driveway that looks like it runs across one side of the house - over to what looks like maybe a garage behind the house - and then it goes out to the street. Well some of the pictures I saw looked like some of the protestors were indeed on the property - because they appeared to be on that driveway - which would put them squarely on their property.

The problem with the McKloskey property in general - is that it is VERY close to that private road. The mob could have stood out on the PRIVATE road - and lobbed bricks at their house and broken out all the windows - all the while not being "on" their property.

But I suppose you're also in the realm of nitpicking details when you make the argument that the mob was not technically on THEIR property - when they're standing on a private road. Who owns the private road? I'm guessing that in a situation like that - all of the homeowners on the street belong to some sort of condo association type thing - which "owns" the road. The McKloskeys probably pay a sizeable fee every year to maintain that "private" road. So technically they may not "own" it - but they are definitely probably shareholders.

As a general rule of warfare - the best time to get rid of an invading force is not when they've landed on your beach - but when they're still sitting in their ships out at sea. BUT - as a general rule in a leftist run anti-gun society, the best thing to do is to actually LET the criminals make their intentions clear - so you can shoot them dead and get away with it.

People like the McKloskeys are sort of stuck between a rock and a hard place as far as making the "correct" decision.

Did people or didn’t people trespass?
Did they or didn’t they leave when asked?
Did they or didn’t they outnumber the homeowners?
Has there or hasn’t there been significant violence from BLM protesters recently?

But sure, it was the homeowners who were at fault. JFC.

Bye....I'm dont feeding the newby and returning trolls

I've turned over a new leaf and are trying not to make as many people cry......

You do realize that milktree is neither a troll or newby, right? He’s just making points about the differences between sole ownership private property and property owned by a group.

You do realize that milktree is neither a troll or newby, right? He’s just making points about the differences between sole ownership private property and property owned by a group.

Neither of which actually matters in this case because it was

1, Posted
2. They destroyed the gate that the no tresspassing/private property/etc signs were posted on to gain entry
3. the armed mob proceeded onto the property of the couple in question and threatened them

The proverbial difference without a distinction wrt private property owned by multiple entities and private property owned solely by the couple

It was posted and the gate blocked entry......the rioters ignored it, broke the law and did thousands in damage in the process of moving on to threaten the mccloskeys

To confuse this even more. There is HOA/Condo property that is in a grey area. This is especially so for one who isn't familiar with these types of laws, rules and bylaws.

There is the "common area" and "limited use common area". Assigned parking, driveways, walkways and Lawns are prime examples of this. There was one photo, i can't find, that shows a few of the protesters on the lawn. So where were they standing? This is going to take lawyers to figure out and i don't think anyone is going to be completely happy with the result.

Video of the scene does not appear to show any armed protestors (although some may have been; reports on this also differ) nor does it appear to show any protestors stepping off the private street and onto the McCloskeys’ lawn.

1594612350068.png

To confuse this even more. There is HOA/Condo property that is in a grey area. This is especially so for one who isn't familiar with these types of laws, rules and bylaws.

There is the "common area" and "limited use common area". Assigned parking, driveways, walkways and Lawns are prime examples of this. There was one photo, i can't find, that shows a few of the protesters on the lawn. So where were they standing? This is going to take lawyers to figure out and i don't think anyone is going to be completely happy with the result.

Video of the scene does not appear to show any armed protestors (although some may have been; reports on this also differ) nor does it appear to show any protestors stepping off the private street and onto the McCloskeys’ lawn.

View attachment 372479

Which part of the locked and posted/no trespassing gate was ambiguous?

Which part of the locked and posted/no trespassing gate was ambiguous?

;)I didn't quote anyone for a reason. It seems most agree with the trespass. I certainly do. Thus this falls to was there justification to point arms at 'peaceful protesters'. The MSM wouldn't show anyone on the lawn unless it was to benefit BLM.

View attachment 372479
What's the guy in the red "backpack" holding? A telescope?

Video of the scene does not appear to show any armed protestors

It's irrelevant if they were visibly armed or not. Makes no difference. Get out of the Commiechusetts mentality and realize that the bar for self-defense is a lot lower in most states and actually tends to follow logic.

nor does it appear to show any protestors stepping off the private street and onto the McCloskeys’ lawn.
The picture you posted shows protestors standing on their lawn...

;)I didn't quote anyone for a reason. It seems most agree with the trespass. I certainly do. Thus this falls to was there justification to point arms at 'peaceful protesters'. The MSM wouldn't show anyone on the lawn unless it was to benefit BLM.
The only video we're seeing is from BLM. They recorded it and decided what to release.

Just so I know the rules, are all the members of a gated community required to give permission before a non-member enters the shared parts of the property? UPS? FedEx? Pool maintenance? Police? Guests? Plumbers? Taxis?

I think the answer is “no”.

Any member can invite anyone they want, right? If you and I were both part owners of a gated community, I could not tell your guests they were trespassing and force them to leave.

If you agree with that, no single member has the right, on his own, to declare someone who is on the shared part of the property a trespasser without checking with other members, or at least asking who the strangers are visiting.

It’s possible, although highly unlikely, that someone who lives on the street is sympathetic to the BLM cause and invited them to cut through. But the McCloskeys couldn’t have known if that was or wasn’t the case.

That’s why it’s absurd to claim the “private property” of the shared public areas is legally or morally identical to someone’s living room.
Doesn't matter. The Tarded Rage Mob was 20' from their doorstep. threatening violence, which they had already done multiple times in the past. In Missouri they have a stand your ground law.

I'm sorry for you that your girl lost and that Creepy Unka Joe is a Senile old Pedo.

The only video we're seeing is from BLM. They recorded it and decided what to release.
This is a major problem right now. Dopey, white, suburbanites do not understand what they are up against. Antifa runs classes on how to record these instances. How can we have hours and hours of riots, seemingly 75% of them walking around with their phones out, yet we only get 2 min of video at a time??

OK.

Nonetheless, I’m pretty sure shooting me would have been illegal.
This is sheepish MA mentality and most states don't work that way. For example, in Texas you can open fire on someone trespassing on your property at night even if they're not threatening you.

I would guess (and it's only a guess) that under MO law it's legal to shoot someone who is trespassing on your posted and gated private property and threatening your family.

Strange that a pro Gun Control, brand new member immediately goes Green? A Troll with someone backing them? Well at least they got $21 out of Mom's or Maura's budget.

We should thank this couple. We are learning from their mistakes and understanding how our enemies operate. This is valuable information... don’t let it go to waste.
If nothing else, we should learn that the fight doesn’t end when the threat is over....there is also a legal and emotional battle that non-psychopaths need to be prepared for if they’re going to choose to use a firearm in a confrontation.

Again, I'm not sure what part of la la land you guys live in where you think any police department can prepare for a 300-500 person riot.....

Which is why I PERSONALLY (IN MY OPINION) believe ANYONE ABLE to possess a firearm should ABSOLUTELY follow through with the LEGAL procedures to do so. I don't care how much taxes I pay (and I promise you it's more than most of you guys) I'm sure as f***ing shit not trusting Officer Blart downtown to protect my ass in case of a riot. But I also am not going to blame Officer Blart for taking my gun away as I just brandished it in front of 500+ people.

I'm in no way shape or form agreeing with the mob. I totally see that as the root of the problem. I don't even know what would be the end result if the same situation happened to me, no one in this thread does.

You guys are shooting yourselves in your own foot and you don't even realize it.

The police acted under their normal procedure. They probably don't know what happened. We only know what happened from the news and hearing it from one side.

However, one fact is that a lot of people including some in this thread are fabricating that the government is intervening or political agendas are being pursued....nope...nope....and nope.

I'm not a lawyer, cop, or politician. I'm neutral in all aspects. No violence occurred, no charges made, normal procedure followed by police and than blown out of proportion by followers of the news.
What part of my statement are you actually trying to respond to?

What legal procedure did the homeowner not comply with?

More ad hominem - No one here cares how much you make or pay in taxes. We are a quite diverse group socially, racially, economically and in many other ways. You will be hard pressed to find a more generous group than here when it comes to taking care of members in true need, so grow up before posting BS like "I promise you it's more than most of you guys"

Yes you should blame officer Blart as the local police had no problem blocking that same mob from using public streets to get to the mayors home - what elevated privilege does the mayor have over the homeowners that the police would blockage a "peaceful" political protest from occurring on public property adjacent to her land but ignore an agitated, aggressive tresspassing upon peaceful homeowners?

You are not neutral, none of us are - some of us are openly willing to admit our bias though...

The police protected a political figure that has direct control over their funding in the same area where they refused to protect the general public from the same violent group of people. Tell me how that is not a political action?

Violence did occur - the property was damaged.

Normal procedure: Due Process
If no charges were made then no crime was suspected and therefore there is no legal standing for the taking of property, even temporarily (yes there are times where a temporary seizure is proper but this isn't one of them)

I literally found that after googling why do police seize guns after self defense

Read it a few times maybe you'll learn something
You have no f'ng clue as to what you are talking about - you didn't actually read your linked article past the point where you felt it validated your opinion.
The article is based on the situation where you discharge your weapon in self defense - a situation where the police will take that weapon for forensic testing as part of a boiler plate investigation.
If no rounds are fired then the firearm is not needed forensics

No you are not part of a tarded rage mob that has caused millions in destruction.
Tarded, yes, mob, no. Does Milkyshorts push through a a locked gate, with No Trespassing signs on his little walks? Shout at the homeowners and come up on their lawns to harass them? But...."he's white", so no one minds. Sheesh,,,,yes tarded. getoffmylawn.jpg

I don't know about that - the "they were not on their property" thing that is.

I can't find the picture now - but if you go look at the aerial shots of the McKloskey's property - there is a driveway that looks like it runs across one side of the house - over to what looks like maybe a garage behind the house - and then it goes out to the street. Well some of the pictures I saw looked like some of the protestors were indeed on the property - because they appeared to be on that driveway - which would put them squarely on their property.

The problem with the McKloskey property in general - is that it is VERY close to that private road. The mob could have stood out on the PRIVATE road - and lobbed bricks at their house and broken out all the windows - all the while not being "on" their property.

But I suppose you're also in the realm of nitpicking details when you make the argument that the mob was not technically on THEIR property - when they're standing on a private road. Who owns the private road? I'm guessing that in a situation like that - all of the homeowners on the street belong to some sort of condo association type thing - which "owns" the road. The McKloskeys probably pay a sizeable fee every year to maintain that "private" road. So technically they may not "own" it - but they are definitely probably shareholders.

As a general rule of warfare - the best time to get rid of an invading force is not when they've landed on your beach - but when they're still sitting in their ships out at sea. BUT - as a general rule in a leftist run anti-gun society, the best thing to do is to actually LET the criminals make their intentions clear - so you can shoot them dead and get away with it.

People like the McKloskeys are sort of stuck between a rock and a hard place as far as making the "correct" decision.

You are kind of making my point for me. None of this nit picking would have mattered if they guns were held at low ready or something like that.

It matters now because the wife was continually sweeping the crowd with her finger on the trigger.

Again, I'm not sure what part of la la land you guys live in where you think any police department can prepare for a 300-500 person riot.....

Which is why I PERSONALLY (IN MY OPINION) believe ANYONE ABLE to possess a firearm should ABSOLUTELY follow through with the LEGAL procedures to do so. I don't care how much taxes I pay (and I promise you it's more than most of you guys) I'm sure as f***ing shit not trusting Officer Blart downtown to protect my ass in case of a riot. But I also am not going to blame Officer Blart for taking my gun away as I just brandished it in front of 500+ people.

I'm in no way shape or form agreeing with the mob. I totally see that as the root of the problem. I don't even know what would be the end result if the same situation happened to me, no one in this thread does.

You guys are shooting yourselves in your own foot and you don't even realize it.

The police acted under their normal procedure. They probably don't know what happened. We only know what happened from the news and hearing it from one side.

However, one fact is that a lot of people including some in this thread are fabricating that the government is intervening or political agendas are being pursued....nope...nope....and nope.

I'm not a lawyer, cop, or politician. I'm neutral in all aspects. No violence occurred, no charges made, normal procedure followed by police and than blown out of proportion by followers of the news.
[troll] 💋

Sounds like the perfect recipe to be the first one to die.
First , please stop spreading the falsehood that these people were just strolling down the sidewalk.
Look at the overhead of the property and compare it to the video.
They were well off the sidewalk and right up to the stairs of the house that the couple was standing on.
Supposedly some of them visibly armed and making threats of bodily harm.

Here's my reaction in the same scenario .
Safety off , finger on the trigger and if I see one muzzle swinging in my direction someone is getting a third nostril .
This isn't a day at the range and the old liberal theory of you have to wait till you've already been shot to fire back can kiss the sweatiest part of my fat ass.
In a situation like that , you hesitate, you die.

It's pretty obvious that people who know better would have handled it differently , but the world is not full of tier one operators .
I'm betting some training is in their future now that it's hit home just what's out there and how fast your world can go south.

It sounds like you've never actually taken a carbine class at a reputable training site. They all are consistent. Safety comes off as the gun comes on target.

I'm not in any way advocating that you wait until you have been shot at.

Back
Top Bottom