• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

UPDATE: Police RAID house of gun-toting St. Louis lawyer couple and confiscate the AR-15

The mob was on the road. Yes a private road. But they were not on their property.

The fact that they were armed is irrelevant. just like its irrelevant to a cop if they make the bulge on your belt and can see that you are armed.

Trigger discipline/training is not something to gloss over. There is a huge difference between greeting a mob with a gun at low ready and continuously pointing it at them with your finger on the trigger.

All of my arguments are predicated on a couple of things that I believe to be true. If I'm wrong, then its different.

1) the group stayed on the street except for a stray person or two.
2) the armed members did not point their guns at the homeowners.

If the group as a whole started to advance on the homeowners, then they were justified.
If those with the firearms were pointing at the homeowners then the homeowners actions were justified.

The MOB was on private property AND their lawn

AND they DESTROYED an iron gate to GET ONTO THE PRIVATE PROPERY......which was posted ON the gate

/end discussion

He makes 80 grand in OT and details? Such a scam.

Not at all. He doesn't have any kids and grabs anything he can get. I spoke to him this morning and he was just getting in from working overnight after his normal shift. In the summer when guys with families go on vacation he backfills. A lot.

Back in 1991, I lived with a friend who was a rookie New Haven cop. He was a freaking animal. He made over 100k his first year back in 1991. He was never home. If I had to guess I'd say he worked 80+ hrs per week. Then he got engaged to a high maintenance woman and his income crashed. Ha.

The MOB was on private property AND their lawn

/end discussion
I've not seen anything to support the idea that the entire mob/group was advancing on them. I'm not talking about walking in the direction of the road a couple feet on the lawn. I'm talking about the group moving towards the home and homeowners.

You are playing clever word games with "private property" since it was a private road.

Are you from MA?

Have you looked at the MSP salaries?

I would get is a Boston cop can pull down $200K+ with overtime (one topped $300K) that the straight time would be a living wage. The Metrowest Daily News reports that the compensation for detectives in one west suburban town averaged $145K.

There is a reason some states are constantly advertising for police recruits whereas in MA it only happens when targeting diversity hires, and people often spend years to get on a force (sometimes working their way up from dispatch).

Cry me a fvcking river.......they're making more as a rookie than most cops around the country.

Mass only calls for recruits when its time to dole out the patronage jobs.

And yes I lived in MA for 55 years.....I'm familiar with the scene.

We should thank this couple. We are learning from their mistakes and understanding how our enemies operate. This is valuable information... don’t let it go to waste.

This is also a textbook example of how NOT to defend your property. Have your new gun owner friends watch this.
1) wife sweeps crowd
2) wife keeps finger on trigger.
3) husband has gun horizontal sweeping neighbors houses
4) husband sweeps wife
5) couple argues with mob - shut up and keep to yourself.
6) remain calm - be better than the people you are confronting.

I think I've watched all the videos, but I can't find any evidence of them being armed, or threatening to kill anyone, or threatening to burn the house down.

Am I being blind?

Can someone please point me to a video that shows these things? Ideally with a time indicator. ("At 4:15 the dude on the right has a gun", or "At 9:24 you can hear someone threatening to kill them")

But it's not. That's a false equivalency. What if it was a Jewish couple and it had been Nazis? What if it were 1939 Germany? What if it were 1963 Alabama?

Which of these mobs DIDNT have people armed with everything from bats to boards to bricks?

Second of all the videos were all taken BY THE MOB......the two homeowners had their hands full

Third, both of the lawyers have made statements that the mob was armed

Every single last one of the individuals in the mob is a criminal for breaking and entering, trespassing and a great many of them based on comments make it clear they intended to do further damage to private property and the homeowners

the only thing that prevented escalation that day were two armed homeowners.....

Ok, now I am starting to buy into the defund the police argument.

I've always bought into it. It can be done in a way that enhances public safety.

1) no tactical toys
2) no swat
3) flagmen rather than details
4) no pay for unused sick or vacation time - this is why you see cops make $400k when you look at state reports. These are retiring cops getting paid for unused vacation and/or sick time. Though most new contracts limit this already.
5) no bearcats

I've not seen anything to support the idea that the entire mob/group was advancing on them. I'm not talking about walking in the direction of the road a couple feet on the lawn. I'm talking about the group moving towards the home and homeowners.

You are playing clever word games with "private property" since it was a private road.

Private road IS private property

The gate was closed and locked....and the mob destroyed it

The mob advanced on them and their home until confronted....and then a number of them advanced onto their lawn

The mob showed intent, ability and a number of other factors that would lead any sane person to believe they were in danger and had every reason to fear for their lives from this mob

4) no pay for unused sick or vacation time - this is why you see cops make $400k when you look at state reports. These are retiring cops getting paid for unused vacation and/or sick time. Though most new contracts limit this already.
The problem is that absent the pay, there is no benefit for a public sector worker not to take every sick day - they are regarded as extra vacation, not time to use if you are actually sick.

In the private sector, one would get an undesired reputation if you kept taking sick time and using it for vacations, home repair, etc. Your chances for advancement, avoiding layoffs, getting critical assignments, etc. would be diminished. As such, there is a "cost" to taking sick time or the private sector worker, and a value system of "sick time is fo when you are sick" evolves.

There is no cost to taking sick time for a public sector worker as they are protected by union/seniority rules, and their career is not enhanced by not using all of it absent a payout at the end. Oh, and that payout is at the higher rate they are earning at retirement time - perhaps days at a captain's salary for those sick days they banked as a first year officer or teacher. It's like if a firefighter in Boston gets disabled moving a file cabinet while filling in for a higher ranking officer, (s)he gets disability/retirement at the pay rate of the person whose job (s)he is doing. Working above your normal pay grade has proven very dangerous in the Boston FD, with the proportion of disabling injuries suffered on such days out of proportion to the percentage of days worked above pay grade.

And let's not forget the Lexington clause for teachers.

I am in the private sector and was recently told I have up to 3 weeks additional "Covid sick time", but it was made very clear that this is to be used only iI am actually sick; I have not been granted three weeks extra vacation. I have not seen a single person abuse it. Think that would happen in the public sector absent banking of the value of the time?

It's not because private/public people have different levels of integrity, but because they are programmed in vastly different work enviornments.

Last edited:
We can argue about the numbers. But what is inarguable is that the vast majority of cops essentially double their pay with OT and details.

So if you are used to living on X and now you have to live on 1/2X. It hurts. Regardless of what X is.

Dude......will you please, PLEASE ! stop your back peddalling??

Isn't it a little curious that none of the other homes on that street were burned or vandalized and none of their occupants killed?

If you looked at a map you would see its not all that interesting at all.......

this couples home is the very first one inside of the gate that the "Protesters" destroyed to gain entry.....and every indication is that they left through the destroyed gate they came in through

We should thank this couple. We are learning from their mistakes and understanding how our enemies operate. This is valuable information... don’t let it go to waste.
They also have the means to fight a very smart, intelligent, fact based and rational day in court.

Now ask yourself, if they were carrying concealed outside their home would they have been as effective in protecting it?

Would the low ready position really have caused the DA to reconsider charges?
I personally think the moment their firearms were in open plain sight, that they would have been charged just the same.
Too much hate by our elected officials of people protecting themselves, to let that one slide!

Last edited:
There's always someone who's bound to find something wrong with law-abiding Americans using their 2nd Amendment rights to defend their life and property, even on a gun forum. Pretty sad.

That's because most have been in Massachusetts or somewhere in the northeast for too long and not seen or lived in a free state.

There is no such thing as a free state if you have to pay for, apply or ask for permission for any right!
These states don't require a permit:
  • Alaska
  • Arizona
  • Arkansas
  • Idaho
  • Kansas
  • Kentucky
  • Maine
  • Mississippi
  • Missouri
  • New Hampshire
  • North Dakota (residents only; concealed carry only)
  • Oklahoma
  • South Dakota
  • Vermont
  • West Virginia
  • Wyoming (residents only)
Sixteen out of 48...

Last edited:
There is no such thing as a free state if you have to pay for, apply or ask for permission for any right!
Only seven states — Maine, Arizona, Kansas, Wyoming, Alaska, Vermont, and now Missouri— do not require a permit to carry a concealed handgun within their borders.

Irony.

I'd not call Missouri "free," under the context of this thread.

Only seven states — Maine, Arizona, Kansas, Wyoming, Alaska, Vermont, and now Missouri— do not require a permit to carry a concealed handgun within their borders.

Please update your data source. Kentucky has had constitutional carry, concealed or open carry for over a year now. It has always been an open carry state and a shall issue concealed state. Now, neither apply....people carry at will, open or concealed.

Please update your data source. Kentucky has had constitutional carry, concealed or open carry for over a year now. It has always been a shall issue state.
Just did, thanks.

Open carry legal here:
Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Delaware, Idaho, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Michigan, Mississippi, Montana, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Mexico, North Carolina, Northern Mariana Islands, Ohio, South Dakota, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming

Last edited:
That is profoundly untrue.
Please explain.

I was referring to things like when an officer shooters someone with a toy gun, using the info (s)he had at the time - the gun looked real.

The concept is taken further in some states in that info about an aggression not known to the defender at the time of the defensive act cannot be used or even mentioned in the defense. That change in MA with Commonwealth v. Adjutant.

They also have the resources. You really think they don't have a ton of contacts in the area? Probably donated to most of the politicians.

That will turn out to be totally irrelevant in this context. Politicians never stay bought when their comfy, well paid, pensioned jobs are on the line. Donations only buy so many votes and the masses outweigh that by 100:1

Yay. /s

Back
Top Bottom