• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

UPDATE ON SPORTSMANS DEN QUINCY.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys,

If you not stopped in since Ron first opened or not stopped in within the last few weeks please take the time to swing in. Ron is really stocked up on ammo and firearms, Got 2 new AK47 on the rack as well as some AR15's with a few more on the way. Also if you are looking for a stripped AR lower to start a build he has one in stock. Also has a good amount of scopes that just came in today. One of them being the new Redfield line of optics Also some stuff for your AR is in the shop. Oh also he has a few Hi-cap AK mags found still all greased up from being packed away.

Mike

i don't mean to be rude but this is starting to sound like ads for the Den. does he have a dealer id on the board? he could get one and run some ads/specials in the dealer section. Derek pays quite a bit to run this place and if someone is going to be making money off of it they should get a dealer id and help support the site.

Last edited:
i don't mean to be rude but this is starting to sound like ads for the Den. does he have a dealer id on the board? he could get one and run some ads/specials in the dealer section. Derek pays quite a bit to run this place and if someone is going to be making money off of it they should get a dealer id and help support the site.

Ron is Softail817, check the dealer classifieds Major BB.

no problem, just checking thats why i asked the question. i think we all agree that derek should be supported on the site and that was all i was trying to get across. I don't usually go into the dealers section because i don't have the cash to spread around :(

Ron is a great dealer. Went in a couple of weeks ago and bought a S&W Mod 36 for summer carry. Got a very fair deal. Went in yesterday and bought some targets and he GAVE me a very nice Bucheimer holster for it. Just trying to let people know about his store and how far his inventory has come in a short period of time.

Ron is a great dealer. Went in a couple of weeks ago and bought a S&W Mod 36 for summer carry. Got a very fair deal. Went in yesterday and bought some targets and he GAVE me a very nice Bucheimer holster for it. Just trying to let people know about his store and how far his inventory has come in a short period of time.

I'll second this. I've never introduced myself to Ron, but every time I've been in there he's been very friendly, very accommodating, and his prices were definitely in the right place. It's been too long since I stopped in.

Yeah not a Ad just giving you all a heads up if your looking for stuff and your on the southshore stop in and check the shop out. New stuff comes in every few days always good to check it out now and then.

Last edited:
also, henchmen didn't I read that you work there? Definitely an ad if so.

that was my thinking too and the reason i made the first post. however since he does have a dealer id it would be up to Derek and the other members. i just thought this type of post was supposed to be in the dealer section. I'm all for giving member a heads up if something special is going on sale but this one sounded like a laundry list to me.

I'm not saying it's not a great place, or that Ron isn't a great owner/guy. i just thought it sounded more like an ad given the op works there.

also, henchmen didn't I read that you work there? Definitely an ad if so.

Yeah I work there saturday and sunday. I happen to stop in today and he got a bunch of stuff in that he order so I wanted to let you guys know. Their is no ad. Did I give a price of any items? No. I just gave a heads up of what was in. I didn't know trying to be a nice guy and give fellow shooters a heads up was a Ad.

Last edited:
I'd love to fill up the general section with ads for C&F too, but it's just not the right thing to do. If you go green see if you can't be added as a mod to the Sportsmans Den subsection of the dealers section and you can post ads there. It's what I do.

Interesting thought dick thanks for that outstanding thought.

And seeing so many guys here know what is a Ad and what is not, would the topic: $250 Gift Certificate to Four Seasons Firearms Contest be a Ad for fourseasons? This is in the general area too. Just want to check with all you guys that seem to know much more then I.

Last edited:
the difference, as i see it, is that you didn't just give a heads up on 1 item for sale at a store IE hey i found XX on sale at XX for $XX. you listed a bunch of items at a store you work for, and didn't list prices, your just trying to get traffic in there.

Also this basically isn't the first time. the first time was when you posted you got a new job and ended up sounding like you were trying to get traffic there that time as well. all we are saying is there is a better spot to do this on the forum. if workers of every gun shop in ma were to post what their shop "got in today" this section would be flooded with post trying to get traffic in there.

again, i'm not saying they are not a great shop and i may stop in there myself if i get enough money to make my drive there worthwhile.

Also this basically isn't the first time. the first time was when you posted you got a new job and ended up sounding like you were trying to get traffic there that time as well. all we are saying is there is a better spot to do this on the forum. if workers of every gun shop in ma were to post what their shop "got in today" this section would be flooded with post trying to get traffic in there.
again, i'm not saying they are not a great shop and i may stop in there myself if i get enough money to make my drive there worthwhile.

This and only this. Chill out a little too.

i swear sometimes people on this site only read the first line of a post. there is nothing to chill out from. I already said that it was up to Derek and other members, multiple times stated it was nothing against the shop AND stated that i just thought this was not the best section for this. god you would think i jumped all over the guy.

there are so many post on this board where people say what they want with many disagreements. i say something and i'm told to chill out.....lol

mods are always moving threads to what they consider the right section - thats all this is.

as for $250 to four season. it's a karma that is being given away by someone who doesn't work there. now if you want to give away a $250 gift card by all means go ahead.

it's late goodnight gentlemen.

Okay I thought it was just me thinking people were taking this a little personal till you just posted that. Thanks!

i swear sometimes people on this site only read the first line of a post. there is nothing to chill out from. I already said that it was up to Derek and other members, multiple times stated it was nothing against the shop AND stated that i just thought this was not the best section for this. god you would think i jumped all over the guy.

there are so many post on this board where people say what they want with many disagreements. i say something and i'm told to chill out.....lol

mods are always moving threads to what they consider the right section - thats all this is.

as for $250 to four season. it's a karma that is being given away by someone who doesn't work there. now if you want to give away a $250 gift card by all means go ahead.

it's late goodnight gentlemen.

by the way he wasn't saying it was ok to post it here, only that he thought i was over the top in my approach.

Actually, you're both wrong. My "chill out" comment was towards you henchman with your unneccessary defensiveness, but in the context I quoted and posted it didn't appear as such. My bad Maj. BB.

Actually, you're both wrong. My "chill out" comment was towards you henchman with your unneccessary defensiveness, but in the context I quoted and posted it didn't appear as such. My bad Maj. BB.

unneccessary defensiveness? Now that is funny lol. Do me a favor next time you have a issue PM me instead of having nothing better to do that to come in and comment like you have. Thanks

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom