UPDATE No more Tuition Assistance for the USMC or Army

Marines halt new enrollments in tuition assistance programs; other services could follow - Stripes - Independent U.S. military news from Iraq, Afghanistan and bases worldwide

God forbid we cut entitlements in any way. Nope, better to screw Marines out of one of the best programs out there to assist in the transition to a productive civilian life with gainful employment.

I'm betting that those who were ordered to deliver this message hate him even more now.

This President has no scruples, no conscious and IMHO is a psychopath.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/jeffbercovici/2011/06/14/why-some-psychopaths-make-great-ceos/

Remember, MA. state resident veterans can get a full or partial tuition waver to all state colleges and universities. When I got out in '94 I went to UMass Lowell free and used my GI-bill money for expenses.
Semper Fi.
When I got out, Tuition ~$850 Course fees ~$4,500. They don't mention you have to pay the course fees when they're yelling "Free Tuition!" Not that it would have made a difference to my enlisting... Luckily I had the GI Bill and full time job to cover the wife and kids expenses... I feel bad for our brothers getting out now. Times they are a changin..., er I mean have changed.

Assclowns, I just turned in my last approved TA voucher two whole weeks ago.
They are bastards for doing this and it shows where their priorities are at.
Next they will try and do away with the G.I. Bill and then the V.A. Loan.

I can't wait to finally be out forever on 31 May; 20 & done.

Uncle sam has no problem screwing over his service members because God forbid we stop the free shit gravy train. Welfare nation here we come and that's just what the Dems want.

smitty

Last edited:
Well, Obama decided to give Big Army the finger as well...
Sequestration Hits Army Tuition Assistance

I have some good friends in the Army that are deployed in A'stan right this moment. They are somehow finding the time to bang out a few college credits while freaking deployed in a combat zone, because, ya know, they feel like not being lazy wastes of oxygen. They were told classes are no longer available. The teachers were sent home, and they won't have the option of continuing to take classes once they return stateside.

Last edited:

Yup.

https://www.goarmyed.com/public/public_display_news.aspx?news_id=1670&type=5

The Secretary of the Army has approved the suspension of Tuition Assistance effective March 8, 2013. Soldiers will no longer be permitted to submit new requests for Tuition Assistance. However, Soldiers currently enrolled in courses approved for Tuition Assistance are not affected, and will be allowed to complete current course enrollment(s).

This change in the Army Tuition Assistance program applies to all Soldiers, including the Army National Guard and Army Reserves. The Army understands the impacts of this decision and will re-evaluate the decision if the budgetary situation improves.

In the interim, Soldiers can continue to access their GI Bill benefits, if applicable, either the Montgomery GI Bill (MGIB) or the Post 9/11 GI Bill, or use other funding sources (i.e. grants, scholarships, or Army National Guard Soldiers using state Tuition Assistance where available).

Soldiers should contact their local education centers with questions and to get updates. Updated information will also be posted to www.goarmyed.com.

The Army understands the impacts of this decision

Then they won't have to wonder why recruiting and retention shit the bed now will they?

Assclowns, I just turned in my last approved TA voucher two whole weeks ago.
They are bastards for doing this and it shows where their priorities are at.
Next they will try and do away with the G.I. Bill and then the V.A. Loan.

I can't wait to finally be out forever on 31 May; 20 & done.

Uncle sam has no problem screwing over his service members because God forbid we stop the free shit gravy train. Welfare nation here we come and that's just what the Dems want.

smitty

I hear ya. I have my TA approval for my second to last course for my Associates sitting on my desk, and just got word that the USCG will be suspending TA, too. Hoping I can get the one more approved before the action message is released.

So much for getting my Bachelor's done in the next year or two.

But I see in the news they're beginning preparations for His Royal Highness to grace Martha's Vineyard for vacation again.

a**h***s.

My Niece in Law just posted on FB about now they are looking to close schools for servicemembers children serving overseas, my nephew is in Germany and she got a letter I can't post it because it is on Facebook and I can't figure out how to cop[y past the photo over here but the link the letter refereed to is
DoDEA - Budgetary Uncertainty

Got the word today. I'll paraphrase and summarize in my own words what the ESO said to me: "Boats, do you read the ****ing message traffic? Do you know how many of you ****ers clusterbombed my e-mail inbox with these applications two days after the message came out saying no mas? Leave me alone to figure out how to justify my job now. It's not happening. Have a nice day, and remember to go **** yourself."

MConnelly2 - "Got the word today. I'll paraphrase and summarize in my own words what the ESO said to me: "Boats, do you read the ****ing message traffic? Do you know how many of you ****ers clusterbombed my e-mail inbox with these applications two days after the message came out saying no mas? Leave me alone to figure out how to justify my job now. It's not happening. Have a nice day, and remember to go **** yourself."

WOW ! I'm speechless.

smitty

I added a bit of emphasis on the key points, but that was the gist of it. Everyone saw the message and tried to get one last class in, and it turns out the message was for action. ESO seemed more frustrated with the ambiguity in the announcement than the people trying to get in before it took effect. Can't really blame him too much for being frustrated - he didn't even know until he got to work Monday that it was suspended Saturday. He's always been good about turning around TA applications within a few days, so I can't hold it against him. He got shafted in this deal, too.

It's just frustrating all around. Every day we see stories in the news of breathtaking waste, fraud, and abuse, and they choose the military to take it out on.

Joe Biden is an idiot on this matter, he thinks that just because he traveled to iraq a few times and has a son in the National Guard that he knows everything about the military. If the feds are going to cut military Why don't they cut all the damn money they use on useless shit they don't need, there is so much waste in the military this should have been the last thing on the list. To be fair to everyone who is in right now, if they want to cut back give them the option to get out honorably if they want that's not fair to any of them especially the ones who have put everything on the line. Michelle Obama can thank the tax payers also for paying for her vacation and having Beyonce and Adele perform at her private birthday.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom