UPDATE No more Tuition Assistance for the USMC or Army

ochmude

Marine Veteran
Marines halt new enrollments in tuition assistance programs; other services could follow - Stripes - Independent U.S. military news from Iraq, Afghanistan and bases worldwide

An administrative message published Saturday for all Navy and Marine Corps personnel from Navy Secretary Ray Mabus noted that one of the impacts of the across-the-board budget cuts known as sequestration would be to “cease new USMC enrollments in voluntary education tuition assistance.”

God forbid we cut entitlements in any way. Nope, better to screw Marines out of one of the best programs out there to assist in the transition to a productive civilian life with gainful employment.

Last edited:
Marines halt new enrollments in tuition assistance programs; other services could follow - Stripes - Independent U.S. military news from Iraq, Afghanistan and bases worldwide

God forbid we cut entitlements in any way. Nope, better to screw Marines out of one of the best programs out there to assist in the transition to a productive civilian life with gainful employment.

My wife says sarcasm doesn't work on the internet. I'll show her your post and ask her to rethink her position on that.

Obama hates the Marines most of all.

He believes they would be the most likely to refuse criminal orders.

He does not trust them to blindly obey him.

May be Marines in the WH, including the chopper pilot should take a paid vacation or just bail out with a chute mid-flight. [laugh]

Higher education is wasted on Marines anyway. They're all a buncha ****ing rocks.

Smart move. Throw a bunch of guys through multiple tours in a warzone, threaten their 2a rights if they need counseling, then leave them high and dry for an education if they make it back. Let me know how that policy works out for ya long term.

This makes total sense.

But really, out of all the places to cut funding, educating our Marines is one of them? **** that.

Smart move. Throw a bunch of guys through multiple tours in a warzone, threaten their 2a rights if they need counseling, then leave them high and dry for an education if they make it back. Let me know how that policy works out for ya long term.

The leatherneck vote wasn't secured to the DNC anyways, surely their votes were as expendable as their lives. [angry][angry][angry][angry][angry][angry]. Yes I mad, there was no second thought in this cut.

The leatherneck vote wasn't secured to the DNC anyways, surely their votes were as expendable as their lives. [angry][angry][angry][angry][angry][angry]. Yes I mad, there was no second thought in this cut.

My comment about the policy, and the short sightedness of it, was not to suggest that it would be handled at the ballot box, but that other box, that soldiers are more familiar with.

My comment about the policy, and the short sightedness of it, was not to suggest that it would be handled at the ballot box, but that other box, that soldiers are more familiar with.

votingboxes_zpsa37d5c55.jpg

No more Tuition Assistance for the USMC

Well this should help solve the suicide problem of returning vets. Now they can come back after fighting and have no education/job skills. Good move.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk

Remember, MA. state resident veterans can get a full or partial tuition waver to all state colleges and universities. When I got out in '94 I went to UMass Lowell free and used my GI-bill money for expenses.

Semper Fi.

Remember, MA. state resident veterans can get a full or partial tuition waver to all state colleges and universities. When I got out in '94 I went to UMass Lowell free and used my GI-bill money for expenses.

Semper Fi.

+1 they still do that, but the fees are more than the tuition more often than not. [laugh] hence, a lot of prior service end up joining the National Guard upon leaving active duty.

it is better to use the TA while you're still in the service and save the GI Bill for when you get out.

Back
Top Bottom