UPDATE : NH House Criminal Justice and Public Safety is deciding the fate of this bill on 10/30

42!

NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Can't f***ing stand them; is that fiscal year?

Thanks for the continued heads up and work on this.
It says calendar year. Almost 70K 20 days into the year. Even figuring payment up front for services that will extend into the year, it has me wondering if I'm in the wrong business.

Big money makes for bad law!

SERE

NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
It says calendar year. Almost 70K 20 days into the year. Even figuring payment up front for services that will extend into the year, it has me wondering if I'm in the wrong business.

Big money makes for bad law!
Yes, but then it is written, "This should equal the total of all prior monthly payments for this calendar year" $52,750.00

How do they have prior monthly payments in January? How long is a reporting period? That is why I ask. I wish there was a form number or more information. Still hate them.

Kevin_NH

NES Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
The prime sponsor turned in an amendment and she is addressing language that no one has. Working on getting a copy.
Union-Leader had this to say about the amendment:
UL said:
The unanimous vote to retain the bill came after an amendment introduced by Altschiller to address concerns about due process failed in a 10-10 tie. Democrats John Bordenet of Keene and Julie Radhakrishmnan of Amherst voted with the eight Republicans on the committee against the amendment. It would have raised the standard for determination of risk in judicial hearings from probable cause to clean and convincing evidence, in response to concerns raised by the ACLU-NH.

Several members complained that the amendment was sprung on them at the last minute, as part of a 13-page bill that they wanted to re-read in its entirety. “I’ve been told there’s only one change, but I don’t know if that’s all there is,” said Bordenet. “Due to just receiving this amendment five minutes ago, I’m going to have to say ‘no.’”

Altschiller took issue with that characterization of the timing. “It’s disappointing that it seems a number of reps didn’t do their reading before they showed up at the meeting because they all had this in their email in boxes last night,” she said. “We made a correction to bring the standards up higher in response to requests from them.”

Once the amendment failed, it was clear there were not enough votes to pass the bill. A motion to recommend “ought to pass” failed 6-14. The motion to retain the bill for further study passed 20-0.

The ACLU has a lot of concerns about this bill and we should be putting in our best efforts to get this right,” said Rep. Daryl Abbas, R-Salem. “I want to achieve a balance with the justice side and the public safety side, which is why I wear the scales of justice pin.
Altschiller just keeps on digging herself deeper, doubt she's making friends on the committee.

MaverickNH

NES Member
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
“The committee also voted 12-8 “ought to pass” along party lines on HB 514, imposing a waiting period of seven days between the purchase and delivery of a firearm. That bill now moves to the House floor for a vote, most likely next week.”

No way!

KBCraig

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s disappointing that it seems a number of reps didn’t do their reading before they showed up at the meeting because they all had this in their email in boxes last night,” she said. “We made a correction to bring the standards up higher in response to requests from them.”
It doesn't matter if it was in their email in boxes. Committees don't vote on email: they vote on what's in their hands and on the table in front of them.

I've had stuff "in my email", sent at midnight or later, when I've had to leave home before 6 a.m. to make it to Concord in time for meetings in bad weather.

Rep. Altschiller is showing her geographic privilege.

design

NES Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
There are 4 more bills to stop for this year. Let's make sure the hearing on the 26th is well attended.
HB109
HB514,
HB564,
HB696

Two of the anti-gun bills have been retained and will be back in 2020

Attachments

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone think it would be smart to print and hand out a ton of copies of the Bloomberg receipt at the hearings? Pass out enough and it's sure to get some attention. Maybe the NH Women's Defense league would be up to it?

Keep driving home the narrative that out-of-state mega donors are trying to control NH citizens.

edmorseiii

Navy Veteran
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Does anyone think it would be smart to print and hand out a ton of copies of the Bloomberg receipt at the hearings? Pass out enough and it's sure to get some attention. Maybe the NH Women's Defense league would be up to it?

Keep driving home the narrative that out-of-state mega donors are trying to control NH citizens.
I think that would be a great idea.

jpk

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Folks.

HB 687, the horrifically written Red Flag bill sponsorsed by Rep Altschiller is still alive and actively being worked by the NH legsilature.

As you may recall 687 was "Retained" by the legislature earlier this year

The House is holding a hearing/working on the bill this week on Thurs 9/5 @ 11a

Welcome to the NH General Court | NH General Court

11:00 am
  • HB687, relative to extreme risk protection orders.
    Subcommittee Work Session
    LOB Rm 204, House Criminal Justice and Public Safety

Click on 9/5 date on calendar to see schedule

Do any of our current/former NH Reps know details as to how these work sessions are handled?

Can we assume they are not closed and the general public will have an opportunity to testify?

The statists are not done with this bill......we need to ride them hard and wear them down to stop these unconstitutional attempts to infringe on constitutionally guaranteed rights

Below is the proposed bill as introduced....committee didnt even bother to post the shappy attempts to ammend it that were sprung on the public minutes before the hearing earlier this year

http://gencourt.state.nh.us/bill_status/billText.aspx?id=7

jpk

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
BTT

Surprised no one is taking note on this

Its our best opportunity to demonstrate early how proposed red flag bills are wholly unconstitutional wrt the NH Constitution.

If folks dont make the effort you're going to be facing a tuned up HR 687 that the MDA crowd and Bloomy have spent months behind closed doors shreiking about

Twigg

NES Member
Rating - 100%
71   0   0
Is there anything which can be done by citizens now. I always call the governor's office on bills like these when the time comes. Unfortunately I can't drive so that limits what I can do.

timbo

Navy Veteran
NES Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I saw this on the WMUR website two days ago...I am confused. I thought that this was already vetoed or are the donks trying to drum up enough people to overturn the veto? Someone please explain...

jpk

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I saw this on the WMUR website two days ago...I am confused. I thought that this was already vetoed or are the donks trying to drum up enough people to overturn the veto? Someone please explain...
687 was "Retained" by the committee.......

thats why they can continue to work on it and try to pass it......

They will continue to try political stunts with red flag bill like the senate president did by holding onto 3 of the 4 bills and timing submission to sununu's desk to correspond with a shootings somewhere in the country to leverage media hysteria

This is why people need to continue to be enguaged and show up for these hearings

timbo

Navy Veteran
NES Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
687 was "Retained" by the committee.......

thats why they can continue to work on it and try to pass it......

They will continue to try political stunts with red flag bill like the senate president did by holding onto 3 of the 4 bills and timing submission to sununu's desk to correspond with a shootings somewhere in the country to leverage media hysteria

This is why people need to continue to be enguaged and show up for these hearings
Thank you! I will continue to call/email the Governor and every rep and senator that I believe will make a difference.

jpk

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
According to the gencourt site the subcommittee has held three hearings/work sessions on the retained bill

Does anyone who may have been able to attend last week have any info?

Bill_Status

6/5/2019 H Subcommittee Work Session: 06/11/2019 01:00 pm LOB 204
6/18/2019 H Subcommittee Work Session: 08/22/2019 10:00 am LOB 204
8/29/2019 H Subcommittee Work Session: 09/05/2019 11:00 am LOB 204

jpk

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
"Work" session on the red flag bill is scheduled for tomorrow 10/1

Subcommittee Work Session: 10/01/2019 01:00 pm LOB 204

jpk

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
All,

The horrific/badly written/unconstitutional red flag bill from earlier this year is back and the Criminal Justice and Public Safety cmte has scheduled a hearing/exec session to ram this bill down our throats

Its a Wed morning and folks folks need to attend this and show opposition to this travesty

10/30/2019 10:00 am LOB 204

edmorseiii

Navy Veteran
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
All,

The horrific/badly written/unconstitutional red flag bill from earlier this year is back and the Criminal Justice and Public Safety cmte has scheduled a hearing/exec session to ram this bill down our throats

Its a Wed morning and folks folks need to attend this and show opposition to this travesty

10/30/2019 10:00 am LOB 204
I'll see what I can do.

Top Bottom