UPDATE! Indoor Steel match @ Hopkinton TONIGHT 1/21/2015

OK folks. I'm mobile again and so by popular demand, the Wednesday night steel plate matches are once again ON @ Hopkinton. First one of this winter season will be January 21 2015. Come on down and have some good, safe, fun.

Where:
Hopkinton Sportsmen's Association
95 Lumber St, Hopkinton, MA 01748
508-294-0394 (my cell)

Date: Wednesday 1/21/2015 TONIGHT

Time: 6:00 PM till everyone is out of money or ammo.

Location: HSA Indoor range. Come one, come all. The only requirement is that you are SAFE.

The match: $3.00 per entry; 8 person relays; $6.00 to winner; $3 for second place.

The targets: 8 Inch Plates; 2 side by side racks. Man on man. 8 person elimination "pyramid". Relay winners will get an extra target for subsequent relay entries.

Equipment: Any safe handgun 38/9MM or larger; semi or revolver. Iron sights only.
If we have enough interest, we will run an "Open" and/or "Revolver" Division relay.

Procedure: Muzzle on table, finger off trigger, Timer/buzzer start. First one to knock down their targets wins.
Relay winners get an extra target for all subsequent entries.

Safety: IPSC/USPSA - Safety rules, Firearms in holster or "bagged" No handling of firearms other than on the firing line or the safety area.

Bring lots of ammo. We keep shooting as long as people want to sign up.

Optional dinner afterwards at the Dynasty restaurant down the street. http://www.dynastyhopkinton.com/

More info here. http://www.hopkintonheavyhitters.org/#!plate-matches/c1bp

Contact me if you have any questions.

Michael.

Last edited:
I've heard oh these matches but never been. Looks like I'm going to have to go on the 21st.

sounds like fun, I will have to try to go. just a thought, maybe you should send this out in a club email, so that club members would actually know about it without stumbling on it here. lately all of the emails for shooting events have happened the day before the event at best, the one before Thanksgiving was actually mailed out the morning of. I feel like I'm left out when non-members are invited before members.

sounds like fun, I will have to try to go. just a thought, maybe you should send this out in a club email, so that club members would actually know about it without stumbling on it here. lately all of the emails for shooting events have happened the day before the event at best, the one before Thanksgiving was actually mailed out the morning of. I feel like I'm left out when non-members are invited before members.

Good idea. I will have that done.

By the way, this was listed on the HSA club calendar two weeks before I put it here. [wink]

Indoor Steel match @ Hopkinton Wednesday 1/21/2015

Good idea. I will have that done.

By the way, this was listed on the HSA club calendar two weeks before I put it here. [wink]

What is this club calendar you speak of? lol I always forget about it until I am pulling into the lot and see 20 rv's parked there.

What is this club calendar you speak of? lol I always forget about it until I am pulling into the lot and see 20 rv's parked there.

Been there..never seem to remember until I'm in the car that it might be a good idea to check.[wink]

Well that is just the B.O.D meeting that is currently going on, all members are welcome to attend. [smile]

Or just put it on your own calendar. Either way, come on down on the 21st.

Last edited:
note the following - mailed in club news letter 0n Dec 28, 2014:

Some upcoming events are listed below:

Sat 3rd - 1PM-3PM Function for past HSA President McGrath - (Note - indoor range closed)

Sat 10th - 9AM 5PM NRA Basic Pistol: Wayne Marshall 508-259-8865

Wed 21 - 6PM 9PM Indoor Plate Match - 9MM/38sp Minimum -low ready start - fun.

Sat 24th - 9AM 2PM NRA Refuse to be a Victim: Wayne Marshall - 508-259-8865

OK, we had a pretty good group of shooters for last evening's event. Everyone seemed to enjoy it. I got to meet a few new folks and see lots of old friends. We shot 11 relays of 8 people and finished up around 8:40.

Thanks to both the shooters for coming out and the HSA guys for keeping things running smooth. I'll pick a date for February soon and post it up here in the pistol comp forum.

See you on the range.

Michael.

Back
Top Bottom