UPDATE, gun found: Natick police search for gun believed to be lost near elementary school

Last weekend my daughter Left her cell phone in a case with a drivers license and debit card on top of her friends car. Needless to say It didn’t make it far on the highway.

I have a handgun that just happens to fit real well in a case I keep all my ar lowers in. About 3 times a year I go looking for the f***ing thing to give it a clean and lube and about 3x a year I have a stroke because I can't find it.

It's safely secured in the same f***ing spot every time, you'd think I could remember that? Nooooo
Well at least you remember perfectly when you don't need it

How did we get from Oak St in Natick to 128? That’s a helluva wide search area.
Yes, but it's linear. From somewhere I got the idea he was visiting somebody in Natick who doesn't live far from Lilja Elementary. I suppose he left Natick for home late in the evening, and his route takes him along 128.

Yes, but it's linear. From somewhere I got the idea he was visiting somebody in Natick who doesn't live far from Lilja Elementary. I suppose he left Natick for home late in the evening, and his route takes him along 128.
I suppose. But that’s a linear 10 miles on high traffic roads. I’m amazed 5-0 found it and not some stranger 2 months from now.

I suppose. But that’s a linear 10 miles on high traffic roads. I’m amazed 5-0 found it and not some stranger 2 months from now.
I wonder where they found it. If you told me he left Natick with it on the roof, and it fell off on 128 and not before, the first place I'd look is the ramp from 9 to 128.

Editor as a position, and Journalism, these days sucks.

Was the gun in a case or bag while on the roof? I'm tall and can see placing a bag on top of the car while loading and unloading. Hell they make funny commercials about this.

Haven't had this problem this century since truck/suv.

Was the gun in a case or bag while on the roof? I'm tall and can see placing a bag on top of the car while loading and unloading. Hell they make funny commercials about this.

Haven't had this problem this century since truck/suv.
Yeah. With my truck, I end up putting things on the hood right in front of my seat. If I don't see it there, there's larger issues afoot.

More reason why schools should have shooting as a sport, even if it is just air rifles.

When kids understand how guns work and the gun is not a shiny new thing, they won't point it at people and pull the trigger.

Instead we try to shield kids from guns, tell them how bad they are and so on. Some kid finds a gun, tries to play cowboy and someone ends up a dead.

My best friend's little brother shot himself that way. Was at a friend's house, the friend's dad was a cop and left his gun out. He found the gun and started playing with, pointed the gun at his head and his life was over. Sad.

I've shared often about how I gun proofed my kids instead of child proofing my guns.
One of my daughter's friend's father (isn't that a line from Spaceballs?) is a LEO, and mentioned that he had "a bag of Glocks" next to his safe that he keeps forgetting to put away (NH, no storage laws). I laughed about it with him since I'm the same way, and said my daughter won't bother them, since she has too much class to care about Glocks.
Later, I mentioned the bag to my daughter, and she replied that she had seen the bag and the guns, but didn't think anything was weird and she didn't see anything interesting. If she'd seen something she liked, she would have asked to see it.
It's amazing how kids can make good decisions when they have enough knowledge.

Next new law: "All handguns shall be equipped with a built-in tracking device good for a range of no less than 500 feet which shall activate if not reset every 12 hours. This law shall not apply in Chicago, Baltimore and other Democrat controlled cities". Jack.
Don't give them any ideas, they'll want it to have GPS tracker and locatable from space anywhere on the planet and on all the time.

128???? LOL

My wife once left her keys on top of the car. (We were using my keys to her car.)

Thankfully she had a super roof rack. So after 50 miles of driving, they were right where she left them.

I learned long ago that EVERYTHING has a place. So you know where to put it. And you ALWAYS KNOW WHERE IT IS!

I've shared often about how I gun proofed my kids instead of child proofing my guns.
It's amazing how kids can make good decisions when they have enough knowledge.
A few trips to the range with your kids really ties in all the knowledge and rules that you have preached to them about gun safety. A firearm becomes just another possession of Mom or Dad's that you are not allowed to touch unless you are given permission to, like chef's knives, wine, wallet / purses, or car keys! All can lead to a disastrous outcome!

A few trips to the range with your kids really ties in all the knowledge and rules that you have preached to them about gun safety. A firearm becomes just another possession of Mom or Dad's that you are not allowed to touch unless you are given permission to, like chef's knives, wine, wallet / purses, or car keys! All can lead to a disastrous outcome!
And with all of them, taking away the "forbidden fruit" aspect helps a ton. Kids don't feel the need to sneak a look at a gun, or drive the car in the driveway if they know that the parents will let them do whatever if they just ask.
My daughter is more interested in driving now than shooting, and knows she'll never get behind the wheel again until she has a license if she tries on her own. She also knows that I'll gladly take a break from what I'm doing and let her drive down a dirt road / cemetery / field if she asks. It's no longer a new thing - now she just wants practice.

The town sent out an email and text today that said:

AS A FOLLOW UP RELATIVE TO THE MISSING FIREAM, THE FIREARM HAS BEEN LOCATED BY THE
MASSACHUSETTS STATE POLICE ON ROUTE 128 SOUTHBOUND IN NORWELL.

Route 128 in Norwell?

it's not like it was an M4 rifle left on a police car in Salem NH...
Holding out for Westford Tupperware in a Chelmsford curbside recycling tub.

Don't give them any ideas, they'll want it to have GPS tracker and locatable from space anywhere on the planet and on all the time.
Puh-leeze.

Spoof the GPS coordinates to say that the gun is pinging in the center of the Capitol rotunda,
and watch hilarity ensue.

Three thoughts

Who the f**k would leave a gun on the roof of their car?

Wouldn't it be amusing to bungee a baby carrier with a doll in it on the roof a car, then go for a drive

GPS in guns. Much easier and more likely to pass a law requiring gun owners to install and run a tracking app on their phones. It would self report their location constantly so in case of loss, police know exactly where you've been. Orwell would be proud

Last edited:
LOL. That article has such a little amount of information
Some man lost his gun.
Name? We do not know his name
He needs to go to court.
When? No clue
What court? No clue
Why do you want his name?

News articles should not have names until found guilty.

The way this article is written is the way every article should be written.

No skin color, no name, a few details of what happened.

The guy does something really dumb but self reports for the greater good. And now he faces criminal charges.

Isn't there something in the law about the right not to self incriminate??? This incident would make one think long and hard about reporting a lost gun, especially if one faces loss of their freedoms if they do so.

No person... shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom