• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

UPDATE, gun found: Natick police search for gun believed to be lost near elementary school

From the Framingham News:

Natick police search for gun believed to be lost near elementary school​

Norman Miller
MetroWest Daily News

NATICK — A man told police that he may have lost a handgun that he had left on the roof of his car just after midnight Thursday near the Lilja Elementary School on Bacon Street, police said.

Police, with the assistance of their own police dog and a Massachusetts State Police dog trained to search for firearms, searched throughout the night and early morning but could not locate it, police said.
According to police, officers were stationed around the school for its start on Thursday as a precaution.

The person who lost the gun reported the incident at 12:26 a.m.

“The firearm was not lost on school grounds but the vehicle took a route that led past the school,” police spokeswoman Lt. Cara Rossi said. “Obviously, this led to concern for the kids' safety. Natick Public Schools also alerted parents.”

If anyone locates the gun, they should not touch it and call police at 508-647-9514.

This is a dangerous situation. I've known young elementary aged children. If they even SEE a gun, they start blastin. It's something that triggers them.

Unreal.
More reason why schools should have shooting as a sport, even if it is just air rifles.

When kids understand how guns work and the gun is not a shiny new thing, they won't point it at people and pull the trigger.

Instead we try to shield kids from guns, tell them how bad they are and so on. Some kid finds a gun, tries to play cowboy and someone ends up a dead.

My best friend's little brother shot himself that way. Was at a friend's house, the friend's dad was a cop and left his gun out. He found the gun and started playing with, pointed the gun at his head and his life was over. Sad.

The same thing happened to a friend of mine he was going to work, and left his gun on the roof of the car.
The good thing is he remembered half way to work, and returned to find it not far from his home on the road
looked like some cars had run over the thing, it had some road rash all over, but still worked.

This is a dangerous situation. I've known young elementary aged children. If they even SEE a gun, they start blastin. It's something that triggers them.

Unreal.
A solid reason to teach gun safety in schools. However, as that might imply that guns are something you can actually use, it will never happen around here.

:oops:
apropos to very little:
I was in my safe last night, on my knees fixing the ammo stacks on the bottom, and you know how the Winchester safe has those 4 handgun pockets on the door....I happened to be looking upwards at them, and I didn't see my Ruger 22 sitting in it's pocket, I freaked out for a second, stood up and looked, it had slid itself down into the pocket so the top of the gun wasn't visible from looking at the angle I was kneeling at. 1/2 second heart attack thought a gun was missing.

A solid reason to teach gun safety in schools. However, as that might imply that guns are something you can actually use, it will never happen around here.
Gun safety in public schools would be something like:

- Guns are super evil, dont ever touch one or you will die and your entire family will get AIDS followed by COVID.

Driving kids to want to touch the first gun they see.

Police, with the assistance of their own police dog and a Massachusetts State Police dog trained to search for firearms, searched throughout the night and early morning but could not locate it, police said.
(The dog kept leg-humping all the LEOs;
who were, of course, packing heat).

Also from the actual article:

Anyone who sees anything resembling a gun is asked not to handle it and to call 911 immediately. As a precaution, police officers were stationed in the area for the start of school on Thursday.​

Uh-oh, talk about bad timing.
5o10de.jpg

1. In Soviet Russia, children trigger guns.
  2. I missed the part where the gun was loaded with ammunition.
  3. Still waiting to hear whether it's a handgun or a longarm.

What the hell does "May have lost" mean?
Maybe it was intentional.

Gun safety in public schools would be something like:

- Guns are super evil, dont ever touch one or you will die and your entire family will get AIDS followed by COVID.

Driving kids to want to touch the first gun they see.
Not when they get to the coronavirus part.
Then the tykes will be all like "Keds don't fail me now"...
happy-little-kids-wearing-protective-face-mask-jumping-and-running-on-meadow-forest-looks-happy-cheerful-sincere-copyspace-childhood-pandemic-concept-healthcare-coronavirus-pandemic-2CD8BWC.jpg

I hope he gave his car a thorough search. I'm familiar with a fella who "lost" his gun. His friends searched high and low for it at the few places he'd been that day.

Later the firearms was found under the seat of his car. I believe he pocket carried and it was a small handgun. Thankfully it was recovered.

The poor guy was sure he would lose his license and was very worked up.

Just out of curiosity - Why do people put their gun on top of their car? Is this the to/from center console or door pocket thing?
I don't know that people do it as a rule, but I was guessing this happened more or less the same way a drink ends up being left on top of a car. It's in hand, but you need a hand free for something (e.g. to get keys or cell phone out).

Just out of curiosity - Why do people put their gun on top of their car? Is this the to/from center console or door pocket thing?

Generally mine are either strapped to my person, or in a range bag that goes in the trunk...

This only happens because of retard space cadet activities like off body carry. [laugh]

The poor guy was sure he would lose his license and was very worked up.
I have a handgun that just happens to fit real well in a case I keep all my ar lowers in. About 3 times a year I go looking for the f***ing thing to give it a clean and lube and about 3x a year I have a stroke because I can't find it.

It's safely secured in the same f***ing spot every time, you'd think I could remember that? Nooooo

:oops:
apropos to very little:
I was in my safe last night, on my knees fixing the ammo stacks on the bottom, and you know how the Winchester safe has those 4 handgun pockets on the door....I happened to be looking upwards at them, and I didn't see my Ruger 22 sitting in it's pocket, I freaked out for a second, stood up and looked, it had slid itself down into the pocket so the top of the gun wasn't visible from looking at the angle I was kneeling at. 1/2 second heart attack thought a gun was missing.

UPDATE:

FROM MILFORD DAILY NEWS:

NATICK — Police have found and secured a handgun that a local man had left on the roof of his car and was reported lost shortly after midnight on Thursday.

The man told police he may have lost the handgun near the Lilja Elementary School on Bacon Street, police said.

Natick police announced at 5 p.m. Thursday that Massachusetts State Police had found the gun somewhere on Route 128 — they did not say in which community. They said the case remains under investigation.

Back
Top Bottom