• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Update. Framingham licensing

It is almost like the old whack-a-mole game. You put out one fire, and another pops up somewhere else. It is almost as if someone at a higher level is "coaching" them. I wonder if Comm2A does an FOIA on all departments, looking for the words "suitable", "appointment", "denied", "delayed", "delay", "denied", "revoked", etc., maybe including the state or one of the groups that give them guidance, as one of the correspondents.
my data from framingham only covers 2015 and 2016, but you are welcome to it. i've posted more for other towns on nes, if a search doesn't turn them up and you are interested i'll take a look to see if i still have it.

IFirearms Identification Card Statistics20152016
The number of Firearms Identification Card (FID) applications received154
The number of FID applications granted144
The number of applications for which denial by the court was sought, if any00
II.License to Carry
The number of applications for an unrestricted License To Carry (LTC) received306175
The number of unrestricted LTC applications granted298169
The number of unrestricted LTC applications granted as "restricted," if any00
The number of applications for an unrestricted LTC which were denied, if any86
The specific reason for each denial, as required by M.G.L. c. 140, § 131
Unsutable61
Youthful offender23
Untruthfull1
Substance abuse 5 years1
Of those denials, the number which were appealed, if any2
Of those appeals, the number for which denial was upheld after the hearing;2
The number of applications for a restricted LTC received, if any1
1. The number of restricted LTC applications denied, if any;0

Another update:
I have been emailing with an individual who turned in an application to the PD, was given an appointment for the interview a couple weeks out, as well as a receipt as proof of submission.
Seems the PD is living up to their commitment to resume the normal process

Another update:
I have been emailing with an individual who turned in an application to the PD, was given an appointment for the interview a couple weeks out, as well as a receipt as proof of submission.
Seems the PD is living up to their commitment to resume the normal process
YAAA! Did original 1st time applicant get a date for interview?

YAAA! Did original 1st time applicant get a date for interview?
Wish I could answer that, but Sparky (the original communication path for the original new applicant) decided to take his ball and go home when he was asked to have the original applicant follow a specific process.

Wish I could answer that, but Sparky (the original communication path for the original new applicant) decided to take his ball and go home when he was asked to have the original applicant follow a specific process.
Hmmm, don't know why he got so pissed off.
Hopefully he realizes this is the People's Republic and WE have no guaranteed rights, only rights that are approved of by the leftists.
GUNZ are NOT one of their approved rights.

It is almost like the old whack-a-mole game. You put out one fire, and another pops up somewhere else. It is almost as if someone at a higher level is "coaching" them. I wonder if Comm2A does an FOIA on all departments, looking for the words "suitable", "appointment", "denied", "delayed", "delay", "denied", "revoked", etc., maybe including the state or one of the groups that give them guidance, as one of the correspondents.
As long as there have been permits , individual departments have abused their authority.
Years ago the next town over from me ,the chief wouldn't even give you an application.
His stance was "No one in this town is carrying a gun unless it's one of my officers".
He would make you take him to court just to get the application ( Cost at the time, about 1500 dollars IIRC ).
Then he would deny the permit and back to court again.
He lost most of them , but if you couldn't afford it, oh well .
He was the textbook case for not allowing individual towns discression .

Hmmm, don't know why he got so pissed off.
Hopefully he realizes this is the People's Republic and WE have no guaranteed rights, only rights that are approved of by the leftists.
GUNZ are NOT one of their approved rights.
It seems that he got p!ssed off, because he did not receive the unconditional support and affirmation of NES' hive mind, and instantaneous, overwhelming, and successful action on the legal front from Comm2A, cutting through the obscructions, a la:

Back
Top Bottom