• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

UPDATE- Completed! 'Unlimited' M1 Build- Start w/ receiver or CMP Rifle?

Nice... building a M1 that shoots sub 2moa with out t paying through the nose is a good feeling.
If you where to have one of the known M1 builders do it a plain Jane 308 will run you about $1800
A NM set up...almost triple.

Last edited:
Thanks dw617 and mac1911.

Fun project- glad I stuck with DIY. $50 Terni Italian re-lengthened stock ended up being a success. For the money I was prepared to have problems, even after fitting / clearing.

Trying Imgur for the first time since Photosuckit jumped the shark:

OcsFP11

OcsFP11.jpg
[/IMG]

Imgur very fast. Need to copy the link identified for message boards and forums.

Last edited:
Bumping my el cheapo M1 National Match clone thread. Planning on taking it to some Leominster winter offhand matches because it's a good shooter but mostly because I need offhand practice. This was a self built budget build in a $50 Terni stock. Along the budget theme for the loads I used PPU brass free from a friend NESer, Nosler CC 168 blems, and 2520 powder. After sighting in, last 3 shots at or darn close X-ring. 100 yards, crappy light and raining at the time, and I had to walk uphill both ways to/from the target.

teryWEm.jpg

Shot at top was from sighting in a service rifle upper I had put together. Here's the M1 National Match clone:

OcsFP11.jpg

you going to try and bed that stock ?

No need to at this point. It will hold a fairly tight group of 10 shots. Maybe when the stock stops locking up tight enough for accuracy? Whatever wood Terni used, it's hard and dense. When that gives, yeah- this would be a good candidate for bedding.

I took a little time to scroll through this thread and saw how much help I received from the forum. Pretty much a National Match clone by NES. Tons of info from @mac1911 and some solid advice from @dw617 and others. I likely received some in person advice from one we refer to as the Spaghetti King as well. A total learn as I go project but with help it turned out quite accurate even without bedding the stock. Anyway, thanks everyone!

Completing it for approx the price of a CMP Special ~2017 would be $950 I think? Maybe less? Field Grades were $630. I forgot how much work I had to do 'under the hood' to squeeze out good accuracy. Glued and screwed lower hand guard, clearancing of all wood and metal parts near the op rod, and some other stuff told to me but I don't have permission to post on the internet. Below target was an entry in the old M14 Forum postal match, 100 yards off the bench.

1714004102192.png

Last edited:
I took a little time to scroll through this thread and saw how much help I received from the forum. Pretty much a National Match clone by NES. Tons of info from @mac1911 and some solid advice from @dw617 and others. I likely received some in person advice from one we refer to as the Spaghetti King as well. A total learn as I go project but with help it turned out quite accurate even without bedding the stock. Anyway, thanks everyone!

Completing it for approx the price of a CMP Special ~2017 would be $950 I think? Maybe less? Field Grades were $630. I forgot how much work I had to do 'under the hood' to squeeze out good accuracy. Glued and screwed lower hand guard, clearancing of all wood and metal parts near the op rod, and some other stuff told to me but I don't have permission to post on the internet. Below target was an entry in the old M14 Forum postal match, 100 yards off the bench.

View attachment 875790
Once I finish my m1d resurrection, and modify my table for more space, I need to build one of those

Back
Top Bottom