Upcoming Public Hearing on Gun Bills Monday March 11th

Excerpts from the distinguished Attorney General from CT's testimony:

The sale of ghost guns and the sale or distribution of plans for 3-D printed guns is an extremely troubling, and frankly scary, development. It further undermines state laws that are designed to keeps guns away from individuals who should not have access to them. Indeed, the only logical reason for individuals to acquire a ghost gun or 3-D printed gun is to avoid state laws and regulations.

I cannot understand
why someone who is openly carrying a firearm should not be required to show their permit to a law enforcement officer when asked to do so. Law enforcement officers are responsible for enforcing our gun laws and making sure that only those who can lawfully carry a firearm do so; how can we expect them to discharge this duty if they cannot request a person openly carrying a firearm to show a permit. This is yet another common sense measure that would make both our communities and our law enforcement officers safer.

In closing, Senate Bill 60 and House Bills 7218, 7219 and 7223 are all common sense measures that any responsible gun owner can understand and follow. Thank you again for the opportunity to submit testimony, and I urge you to support these bills, which provide further safety and security for our communities.

Any time I hear "common sense" with reference to gun laws, I know I'm being anally raped. And I love the way that I'm deemed irresponsible if I don't understand and follow these laws. Kiss my ass.

Link: https://portal.ct.gov/-/media/AG/Pr...Tong-Testimony-on-Gun-Bills-3-11-19.pdf?la=en

Dear CCDL Members,
Tomorrow, Wednesday, March 20 at 10am the Judiciary Committee will meet to debate and vote on which gun bills will be reported out of committee, the necessary next step on their journey for votes in the full House and Senate.
The public is always welcome to observe these meetings.
A good showing by 2A supporters shows support for our friends on the committee.
It also lets those who support gun control know that we are watching how they vote.
The committee will meet beginning at 10am in Room 2E of the Legislative Office Building, 300 Capitol Avenue in Hartford. We encourage any on our side to attend the hearing.
Thanks for all you do to help try and make Connecticut 2nd Amendment Friendly.

The agenda for the day:

https://www.cga.ct.gov/2019/JUDdata...oZobtmHpG2FrxQ5XHFfu50Pc0gBo2MevvXDLx58rnx9u4

This will be streamed on CT-N

Back
Top Bottom