• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Upcoming Project Appleseed event @ Pioneer Sportsmen Club, May 27 & 28, Dunbarton, NH

nightpoison

NES Member
Over a month away for New Hampshire's next Appleseed event. The weekend will be hosted by Pioneer Sportsmen Club in Dunbarton NH on May 27th and 28th.

Our last event saw three members from NES show up. Can we get four at this next event? I would like to shoot for four! So who is game? Past shooters or new we want you all on the line!!!!!!!!! *cough* @macdaddy, *cough* @ObviousFakename *cough*. wow sorry, something caught in my throat.

Appleseeds looks back to that fateful day on April 19th, 1775. Appleseed instructors tell the story of what happened that day, and how great men made a lasting effect on the world. How their sacrifices and desire for liberty would form a new nation the world had never seen before. Appleseed takes us back and recounts the events of that day and how marksmanship played a role in overcoming the strongest military force the world had ever known.

Appleseed is a great instructional event that examines our history and teaches the skills of what those brave men were, Riflemen. It's an exciting two days of skills training and history. You will learn how to shoot and the history of how we got here.

If you're a seasoned marksman come on out and earn your Rifleman patch. Better yet come on out and start the process to become an instructor. NH is looking to expand to new locations, add on new instructors, and build out the number of events they hold each year.

If you're new to rifle marksmanship or shooting at all, then what better place to start learning, than at an Appleseed event. The teaching focuses on safety and traditional rifle skills from standing, sitting/kneeling, and prone positions. The instructors review topics such as Natural Point of Aim, Six Steps to Firing the Shot, learning to shoot from a sling, Steady Hold Factors, Target Detection, Environmental factors, Scope and sight adjustments, and much much more.

It's a very very safe weekend of shooting, comradery, and history. If it's just you, they would be happy to have you, but it's not uncommon to see whole families and friends show up for a great day together.

If you have any questions visit Project Appleseed for more information. You can sign up at this Link, or feel free to PM me or post in the thread.

A great blog on what a Rifleman is is here.

Hope to see you there.

AS902-RiflemanPatch-Small.jpg

Wow, guess I've been lazy, it's been 10 days since my last Appleseed plug. Well, I got up early, went for a run in the rain. Got home to start panting on the living floor debating if I was having a heart attack or if it was just my out of shape back side. And here we are, at work getting ready to start the day behind a keyboard and monitor dreaming of the range laying in NPOA, working on my trigger control, waiting for my respiratory pause.

And with that said, Dunbarton is right around the corner. Don't waste any time, head on over and sign up.

P.s. really not that out of shape, just some drama for the post. Smile damn it, it's FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!

Sorry for the delay, but here is the recap for the May 27/28 event at Dunbarton, NH.

Saturday was a warm day. The word of the day was HYDRATE. 10 students on the line really push themselves and persevered. We had a long day, with instruction, history, and drills. Sunday we had a majority of students return and it was AQTs and drills all day long. It was a great day.

Five individuals on the line scored Rifleman and with some great stories to boot.

We had Brent attend an Appleseed 10 years ago. Well he came back and on Sunday scored Rifleman

Jon had a rough two days. regularly scoring low at no fault of his own. Failure to feed, failure to eject, but we eventually decided it was his ammo messing him. Another instructor helped him swap out his ammo. As soon as that happened, 215, 221, 223, 227, and his final score of the day was 243!!!!! Jon not only earned his Rifleman patch, but his distinguished to boot.

Such a great event!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom