• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Upcoming Mass Gun Control hearings...

Sadly you guys in MA are fighting an uphill battle; kind of pissing in the wind.
What makes you think that you can win when you cannot even keep the D *******s out of office?
So glad that I now live in a "free state".
Constitutional Carry is "the shit" and should be the law of the land.

smitty

Thats one way of looking at it but hell there's been some good things come from Goals work and 2a. The way I look at it is if you don't try then go crawl under a rock and whimper as they take your property or like any good bar fight, even if your down there's always great satisfaction in lobbing in one more punch as it just might make the difference. I'll be departing this state to a more friendly one in a few but still don't want to see the guys (and gals) here screwed over. Plus crazy crap like Linskeydoodle spreads like an STD.

Anyone from se mass heading to the cape this Wednesday? I'd be interested in car pooling! Also any advice on written or verbal testimony? I've never attended something like this before nevermind testifying I'm not adverse to public speaking so I may give it a go but looking for tips!
Trying to get there, but I irony be able to car pool due to other obligations.

See here for some tips:
http://www.northeastshooters.com/vb...*-your-chance-get-involved-5.html#post3261130

Although I can't attend the Cape hearing tomorrow, (Dad passed away Saturday and this week is all preparations for the wake/ funeral) I still want to submit a written testimony to the committee. Does anyone have the email addresses that they can be submitted to? Like I said last week, I had called the senate and state offices for this committee to find out what email addresses to send them to, and no one ever called me back.

Although I can't attend the Cape hearing tomorrow, (Dad passed away Saturday and this week is all preparations for the wake/ funeral) I still want to submit a written testimony to the committee. Does anyone have the email addresses that they can be submitted to? Like I said last week, I had called the senate and state offices for this committee to find out what email addresses to send them to, and no one ever called me back.
Don't email. Email has been come cluttered to the point of useless. Snail mail is better.

Committee members can be found here:
https://malegislature.gov/Committees/Joint/J22

Send it to the two chairs at a minimum, but no harm in copying all of them...

Don't email. Email has been come cluttered to the point of useless. Snail mail is better.

Committee members can be found here:
https://malegislature.gov/Committees/Joint/J22

Send it to the two chairs at a minimum, but no harm in copying all of them...

Any format suggestions for providing written testimony?

I looked at the GOAL form and I was planning on listing the legislation that I support and am opposed to.

Any format suggestions for providing written testimony?

I looked at the GOAL form and I was planning on listing the legislation that I support and am opposed to.
GOAL has a sheet on their page:
PAGE: Public Hearings Prep Page
SHEET: http://goal.org/Documents/Public Hearing Documents/testimony-sheet.pdf

Whether you use GOAL's sheet or not, make it clear what you are for or against.

I would recommend against manifestos and think about your reader and how quickly and effectively you can convey your message to them.

If they stop reading "here" what will they be left with? Can they they quickly figure out which pile to toss this? ("For" or "Against")

I am told the Committee has indicated they understand there are ~60 bills coming up and what they expect, understand and even prefer general commentary on how existing and proposed laws impact us.

There are a handful of bills that will make your position clear if you focus on them as your "guide posts":
http://goal.org/Documents/Public Hearing Documents/LegisTalkingPoints.pdf

Green are things that are good for us, red are very bad...

There are of course many other bills and feel free to mention them specifically as well...

Last edited:
I will not comply with illegal gun laws. Off site storage? please, they dont even take away cars from CONVICTED drunk drivers! and they are going to punish law abiding gun owners.

Simple statement and I stand by it. COME AND TAKE IT!

And I WILL be at this hearing

Important update for people planning on attending tomorrow's hearing at C.C.C.C. This page now has a press release from J.C.P.S.H.S. a full listing of legislation to be heard with GOAL's stance, and a map of the school so you can find the hearing.

5 Public Hearings Scheduled

Important update for people planning on attending tomorrow's hearing at C.C.C.C. This page now has a press release from J.C.P.S.H.S. a full listing of legislation to be heard with GOAL's stance, and a map of the school so you can find the hearing.

5 Public Hearings Scheduled

I like the bullshit about having it held at schools. Auto-disarm so that if something does occurr, they can take you away at gun point.....

If you go to the MA Legislature web site, at least as of yesterday, the place and time still weren't posted.

Listening to the public throws a big monkey wrench in the works of running the world.

My condolences on the passing of your father. Use this week to focus on your family, and don't worry that you miss one session - just attend as many of the remaining ones as you can. They are all part of the same process and one assumes that the feedback they get is cumulative.

I also had to miss today's session (due to kids still being in school), but will definitely be at the next one (with them in tow) and at as many as possible of the remaining sessions. Look at it this way - you only get 3 minutes per appearance... I have way more material than that.

My tranny blew out in the dad Mobile on the way up today [frown] so some info from the fellas who ho would be awsome I will be going to the one in Worcester!

From what I've noticed: anti gun groups are repeating the same things over and over from prepared statements. Pro gun speakers are more real world statements and getting a much better reaction from the crowd. A lot of the anti's have left shortly after their statements.

The board members seem to be leaning more towards the anti's as they are thanking them after each of their comments while barely acknowledging the pro-gun speakers

Last edited:
From what I've noticed: anti gun groups are repeating the same things over and over from prepared statements. Pro gun speakers are more real world statements and getting a much better reaction from the crowd. A lot of the anti's have left shortly after their statements.

The board members seem to be leaning more towards the anti's as they are thanking them after each of their comments while barely acknowledging the pro-gun speakers

Make no mistake; it is scripted. The anti gun groups have been working on these for a month, and have disseminated this amongst one another.

sent via carrier pigeon from a secret squirrel camp

Quote from rabbi: (paraphrasing as accurate as possible)

"No one owns an 'assault rifle' for sport, unless its the sport of killing people"

!?
Then one whack job gets up and spouts nothing but ignorance and F's it up for everyone...

After the professor spoke in the beginning we All should've got up and left it at that. Does anyone know the name of the professor that spoke 1st?? Wish I had heard his name.

Last edited:
Ill be at the one in AIC in springfield. I work down the street from there. Hopefully, their will be other hispanics making a stand against gun control. I am tired of these ignorant bastards blaming me for the violence caused by a criminal.

Its funny how much crime is caused in a city compared to a town, yet the gun grabbers will never admit that.

Back
Top Bottom