• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Upcoming hearings -GOAL alert

Spartan65

NES Member
There are a lot of bills other than what is listed on the email.
The website is slow loading so I didn’t dig deep but I think I saw 3 bills relating to Sunday hunting. Anyone dig deep enough to figure any of this out?

Never understood the “No Hunting on Sunday” BS In this state? You can do just about everything else these days, why not go hunting???
The Blue Laws used to be so strong the supermarkets weren't even open on Sundays and had very limited hours if it all on Saturday. Even liquor restrictions were much stronger until about a decade ago.

Which was funny because I remember Dunkin Donuts having cigarette vending machines in the entry vestibule and no one batted an eyelash.

The Blue Laws used to be so strong the supermarkets weren't even open on Sundays and had very limited hours if it all on Saturday. Even liquor restrictions were much stronger until about a decade ago.

Which was funny because I remember Dunkin Donuts having cigarette vending machines in the entry vestibule and no one batted an eyelash.
Agree 100% I’m over 60 y/o and remember all the insanity of the old days.

Last edited:
This is a "not this shxt again" situation. They've been talking about Sunday hunting here for years and years. Doubtful it will ever happen.

Yup, it gets submitted every year and goes no where.

@Mesatchornug is right though, if we don’t keep asking our overlords we will never get it.

I would really like to see the archery hunting setback go to 150’. It is probably more likely to get passed in spring when the deer are chowing down on the legislatures spouses ornamental planting.

Bob

Yup, it gets submitted every year and goes no where.

@Mesatchornug is right though, if we don’t keep asking our overlords we will never get it.

I would really like to see the archery hunting setback go to 150’. It is probably more likely to get passed in spring when the deer are chowing down on the legislatures spouses ornamental planting.

Bob
I fully agree.....cant get it if you don't keep working on it.

Just seems so silly, cause if I want to hunt Sundays I can drive a half hour north or an hour south.

I'll fully be honest, now that I'm older it really doesn't matter.....Sundays are time regroup a lot of times

I fully agree.....cant get it if you don't keep working on it.

Just seems so silly, cause if I want to hunt Sundays I can drive a half hour north or an hour south.

I'll fully be honest, now that I'm older it really doesn't matter.....Sundays are time regroup a lot of times

Same here. I have been able to hunt on Sunday for a few years now but I never have. I usually spend them regrouping and extra time with my wife.

Back
Top Bottom