• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Upcoming Gun lot at Douglas Auctions Friday

Hooper

NES Member
For those of you in the 413. Douglas in S. Deerfield is having a small lot of firearms. http://www.douglasauctioneers.com/index.php?id=852

DOUGLAS AUCTIONEERS
FIREARMS AUCTION
FRI., FEB. 28 AT 6 P.M.

Handguns
S&W mod. 5906, 9mm stainless autoloading pistol w/ G&G holster
S&W mod. SW380, .380cal. autoloading pistol w/2 extra magazines
S&W mod. 686-1, .357 cal. stainless revolver w/Hunter holster
S&W mod. 38, .38 Special nickel revolver w/Bianchi holster
S&W M&P mod. of 1905, .38 Special revolver w/holster
Mauser mod. 1914, 7.65mm autoloading pistol incl. orig. holster w/matching ser. no.
Beretta mod. 20, 25 cal. autoloading pistol w/ Hunter holster
S&W mod. 63, 22 cal. revolver w/Hunter holster
North American Arms mod. NAA-22M, .22 Magnum stainless mini revolver w/holster
North American Arms mod. NAA-22LR, .22 cal. stainless mini revolver w/holster

Shotguns
Mossberg mod. 500CT, 20 ga. pump shotgun
*Hopkins & Allen 12 ga. single shotgun - For parts

Rifles
Ruger mod. 10/22, 22 cal. autoloading carbine w/extra rotary magazine
Marlin mod. 100, 22 cal. bolt rifle
Winchester mod. 1892 .32WCF cal. lever rifle
*Winchester mod. 1894 .38-55 cal. lever rifle – For parts
*Stevens Visible Loader, 22 cal. pump rifle – For parts

Misc.
Stack On locking steel gun cabinet
Lyman Polaroid Tube Sight
Lot of clips
Ammunition lot
Buckskin shirt
Classic Arms 7” James Bowie commemorative knife
Classic Arms 7” brass bolster knife
Vintage 4 Brothers ELINOR fishing reel
Lot of leather holsters
German helmet
F & W Mfg. sheath knife
BB and pellet guns
Martial Arts Fist suit
Samurai Sword

2014 and they still think pictures are optional. Not going to show up for what could be beaten to shit rust.

After driving all the way there (almost 2 hours) I was told that some of the pistols were to be sold ONLY to an FFL. When I sugested that they make that obvious on their web page I was told that it was my responsibility to call them first and ask if they could sell it to me!! [banghead] They will NEVER see me there again!!!!!

Maybe the non-compliant ones, or all of them, were from out of state. Douche move not to make that plain in the offering. Glad I didn't go.

i have found that anything, pistol wise, that has any mags over 10 rounds, are ffl only with them because they do not want to deal with ma laws to non-ffls. the last 3 auctions have been this way. I dont even bother going anymore.

Saw someone had done one of these almost a decade ago so I'll resurrect....
(Disclaimer - I DO NOT have any affiliation with this place. I've picked up a few things here and there from them, usually have to schedule appointment a couple days later for FFL transfer, 10 years ago was pretty good for the common guy to show up for a sweet deal but at least for a while dealers trolled the auctions pretty well..... can do prior online bidding though)

Gun Auction this Friday at Douglass Auctioneers ... Looks like small lot of some classic firearms

Some eye candy here....

(Disclaimer - I DO NOT have any affiliation with this place. I've picked up a few things here and there from them, usually have to schedule appointment a couple days later for FFL transfer, 10 years ago was pretty good for the common guy to show up for a sweet deal but at least for a while dealers trolled the auctions pretty well..... can do prior online bidding though)

Gun Auction this Friday at Douglass Auctioneers ... Looks like small lot of some classic firearms

Some eye candy here....

necromancy.gif

Some eye candy here....

Props for digging up this thread for the latest update! [thumbsup]

The last one posted looked a bit 'meh' to me, but there is some cool stuff in this one. That 1941 Johnson might go for some dough.

Ha ha. Was thinking this was a boat motor!
Nope! Though unfortunately the one in this Douglas auction is half a step towards boat anchor status. [laugh]

From what I can see in the pic it has been criminally bastardized. Front sight has been replaced with a sporter sight, bayo lug is gone, stock has been checkered, gawd knows what they did to mount that scope, and who knows what's under that goofy butt pad. Shameful to 'sporterize' such an interesting rifle. You can find M1 Garand parts all day long for the four different makes, but Johnson parts are a completely different story. Some can be found, others are unobtainium. What might have been a $6K to $9K rifle might get $3K- if they are lucky.

Might actually be more profitable (merciful?) to split this one up and auction the parts. A sporter barrel for a Johnson got $1400 on fleabay, which seems nuts.

Props for digging up this thread for the latest update! [thumbsup]

The last one posted looked a bit 'meh' to me, but there is some cool stuff in this one. That 1941 Johnson might go for some dough.
How can I submit a bid for anything if their pics are sh*t?

Mentions a trapdoor, dont post a pic of a trapdoor.

Anybody know how bidding works if you dont have an C&R or FFL?

You bid like normal auction (remember their fee % though!). If you win, they call you a day or two later to schedule a day/time for you to come in when their associated FFL is on site to do transfer. Not sure how it would go if you needed it shipped to an FFL but I'm sure it's possible.

Haven't been to Douglas in years - this might be a good excuse. Plus not far from Bub's BBQ. If I take the motorcycle, I won't be tempted to bring home anything really stupid - maybe.

Back
Top Bottom