• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Unwanted reloads

sjohnston0311

NES Member
I've got about 100 rounds of .40 S&W that I reloaded several years ago during my short lived reloading hobby. I no longer own a .40 cal, so they are just taking up room in my safe. What's a good way to get rid of these? I've thought about trying to sell them, but I'm worried about the liability/legal aspect of it. Should I just drop them all in the dud box at the local range?

I've got about 100 rounds of .40 S&W that I reloaded several years ago during my short lived reloading hobby. I no longer own a .40 cal, so they are just taking up room in my safe. What's a good way to get rid of these? I've thought about trying to sell them, but I'm worried about the liability/legal aspect of it. Should I just drop them all in the dud box at the local range?
Give them away to someone reloading .40, they can pull the bullets and reuse the components. Finding someone to admit to .40 is a different story[wink]

Give them to another reloader theyll pull them down.

I don't know anyone who reloads... or shoots .40 for that matter. Perhaps I'll make a karma thread in the members section.
Where are u on the South Shore ? I'll take them off your hands if you have no other good options.

...and YES, i shoot and reload for-tay ;-)

i'm man enough to kick my camo crocs off, sit back, relax and admit i still reload, own and shoot the beloved .40. let me grab my starbucks blonde vanilla latte and accept your accolades for being so brave to fess up on a public forum. let me grab my para p-16 to hold, stroke and polish. one can't be diverse enough now days...am i right? [wink] [laugh]

Sadly, a lot of shooters lack the "intestinal fortitude" required to handle the ferocious power of the fo-tay....it's not for everyone ;-)
My department tranitioned into the Glock 23 many years ago after S&W stopped manufacturing the 3rd gen semi autos. While I wasn't a fan of it, no one had any issues with it. Some complaints of it being "snappy" were the most common comment heard. 20 years later they still are with it..mainly because it would cost a ton on money to convert to a 9mm caliber.

Give them away to someone reloading .40, they can pull the bullets and reuse the components. Finding someone to admit to .40 is a different story[wink]
Problem solved, see my signature. LOL

On a serious note- OP you should give to someone in your area who will pull the bullets.

Good
Because a few years ago I was at the range with my brother and a guy showed up with a Hello Kitty AR - thing was fabulous.
Imagine the shame in showing up in hell only to have everyone make fun of you for eternity because you got it from a hot pink kitty cat gun hello-kitty-hello-kitty-dancing.gif

Attachments

• hello-kitty-hello-kitty-dancing.gif
    hello-kitty-hello-kitty-dancing.gif
    879.1 KB · Views: 0
Don't you mean 10mm, and 10mm kurtz?
Kurtz was a rogue Colonel who set up camp a few hundred klicks up the Nung. He and his Montagnard army were operating beyond the pale. Captain Willard wanted a mission and for his sins he got one, terminate the Colonel.

Kurz is German for short

Kurtz was a rogue Colonel who set up camp a few hundred klicks up the Nung. He and his Montagnard army were operating beyond the pale. Captain Willard wanted a mission and for his sins he got one, terminate the Colonel.

Kurz is German for short
Goddamnit...

I bought my 4ghey pistol before I even had internet access. No idea I was queer.
Anyway I shoot 4ghey and do it pretty well

I've a S&W 610 and a 40 S&W barrel for my Ruger 1911 in 10 mm,have a 223 ammo can filled with both types of ammo. Have to take the 610 put in the near future.

Back
Top Bottom