Unusual concealment/carry methods

GSG

I was browsing around online and read this:

http://www.chuckhawks.com/concealed_carry.htm

Almost anything you could reasonably carry could be used to conceal a gun. A camera case, shoe box, hollowed out book, Christmas package--in a pinch, even a paper bag.

I think this could turn into a really interesting discussion. Whether a gun, a knife, a roll of nickels or something else, what's your most unusual or unconventional method of carry?

Almost anything can be used, but most methods of off-body carry leave a lot to be desired from the aspects of security, quick access, or having both hands free to fight with.

Almost anything can be used, but most methods of off-body carry leave a lot to be desired from the aspects of security, quick access, or having both hands free to fight with.

+1. My most unusual is front shirt pocket carry. 511 has some shirts with chest pockets large enough for a guns.

This. I don't like the idea of my firearm not being directly attached to my body.

For the sake of this discussion, I'll admit that I once built a forearm rig similar to the one Travis Bickle made in "Taxi Driver" for one of my mouse guns. I actually did walk around for a day with it strapped on and a .25acp clamped into it, but it felt stupid and flimsy.
I still have the contraption. [smile]

Smart Carry for me was most unusual. But, I was in shorts with a tucked in polo shirt and nobody saw that I was carrying.

When I am driving in a sketchy unfamiliar area, I like to attach my knife to my seat belt (around my chest area) using the pocket clip. I believe this allows me faster access to a weapon if I should need one.

600px-DesperadoTaurusPT92-2.jpg

Sometimes if I'm driving a great distance, I'll put my Fobus paddle holster over the side of the little storage area on my car door. Gun sits right next to my left knee, is nice and easy to reach, and doesn't dig into my back [laugh]

There's also some pictures from the GunPowderPig2 of me "pocket carrying" my G22 in my back pocket, with a belt-clip IWB holster.

Without this getting into another thunderwear thread...

A tennis racket, violin or guitar case is a greatway to carry longer guns around. Nobody gives it a second look.

Sometimes if I'm driving a great distance, I'll put my Fobus paddle holster over the side of the little storage area on my car door. Gun sits right next to my left knee, is nice and easy to reach, and doesn't dig into my back [laugh]

There's also some pictures from the GunPowderPig2 of me "pocket carrying" my G22 in my back pocket, with a belt-clip IWB holster.

i actually think i got you in part of the video with that! [laugh]

Without this getting into another thunderwear thread...

A tennis racket, violin or guitar case is a greatway to carry longer guns around. Nobody gives it a second look.

I have a green and khaki bass gig bag that I can carry a Mauser Carbine or AR-15 and a 32" shotgun in it at the same time.

I get a few comments when I go to the range...but it keeps prying eyes away when I leave my apartment.

Hockey equipment bags are great for transporting long guns in a subtle manner. Makes it easy to leave the house and go to the range without prying eyes.

Hence the question. [grin]

Sometimes if I'm driving a great distance

...I'll keep my carry gun holstered, but have another handgun available on the passenger seat, out of sight, under something that can be moved quickly.

...I'll keep my carry gun holstered, but have another handgun available on the passenger seat, out of sight, under something that can be moved quickly.

Which is a solid idea, but for the fact that no matter which holster I use, the G22 digs in while I'm driving. If it's less than an hour, I'll deal with it, otherwise it goes on the door.

Hence the question. [grin]

Yeah but what happens in an accident? Gun goes flying in the cab.

If it's less than an hour, I'll deal with it, otherwise it goes on the door.

Long trips, especially loooong ones that require FOPA complaint storage at different parts of the trip, I'll often just throw it in the glove compartment for convenience.

Yeah but what happens in an accident? Gun goes flying in the cab.

Revert to the holstered carry gun.

One thing to keep note of is if you use a non-traditional carry bag, be prepared to answer questions. Especially if you are using a guitar gig bag. I'm a guitarist so I can rattle crap out and make people's eyes gloss over.

A guitarist can use a gig bag, a golfer could use a golf bag, etc.

Back
Top Bottom