• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Unsafe Range

can't make the language out but it doesn't sound like english. my guess, russia also. the folks at the target didn't even flinch. i thought at the very least they'd sprint back to the line, but no reaction. ah, the joy of not always having some bozo always calling for a cease fire every 5 minutes, just step out and walk down. you can pick up your brass in front of active shooters, too......as long as you bend over in front of 'em it's not your fault if......

Do we make things too difficult on ourselves? Do we really need to take every bit of danger out of life? These guys, while unsafe-off-the-scale, all appear to be having a fun relaxing time.

This is like when we see pictures of models holding guns, and everyone has to harp about trigger control. Lighten up, Francis.

I'd actually like to join these guys' range instead of the average rule intensive no-fun-factory you typically find.

I'd be willing to believe that if you go with simple common sense, you'll be just as safe as anywhere else.

Do we make things too difficult on ourselves? Do we really need to take every bit of danger out of life? These guys, while unsafe-off-the-scale, all appear to be having a fun relaxing time.

This is like when we see pictures of models holding guns, and everyone has to harp about trigger control. Lighten up, Francis.

I'd actually like to join these guys' range instead of the average rule intensive no-fun-factory you typically find.

I'd be willing to believe that if you go with simple common sense, you'll be just as safe as anywhere else.

The thing is that range is a fudd range, given the 900 baffles. They're breaking twice the usual number of tules, more than likely. Not to mention, would you trust strangers to shoot past you? I wouldn't. There are maybe a dozen people I would, if i had to... but even at the most laid back ranges ive been to, this is far out of SOP.

- - - Updated - - -

I heard they don't allow clay pigeons on the berm...

[rofl]

Everyone looks relaxed. It's kind of crazy to think about but if it's the norm there and they've maintained a good safety record then more power to them.

I wouldn't be want to be there with strangers. Heck I wouldn't want to be there with some close friends. There are probably 3 people that I know that I'd be comfortable with

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think if they were shooting each other at these "unsafe" ranges, we'd be hearing about it.

People shooting past each other is usually reserved for pretty advanced members of law enforcement or military......As in shoot houses and such. These guys were not "training".......Just asshats being asshats. Clearly have no idea how to operate a safe range.

Because LEOs can shoot unsafe Glocks in an unsafe manner and still be safe?

I say since no one got hurt, it was safe. "Best Practice"? Probably not, but I guess this range is no question "snowflake free".

I think if they were shooting each other at these "unsafe" ranges, we'd be hearing about it.

Some of the safety sallies around here would shit themselves if they were with me at some of the ranges I was at 10+ years ago. Like have to throw their underwear in the trash kind of deal. [laugh] I'm not talking blatantly unsafe things like muzzle sweeping people, etc. But I've been at clubs where it was pretty much OK to just throw shit on the ground and shoot it (because even if a bullet flies over the berm, its going into the middle of nowhere, USA) Or we would blow up things like rocks, cinderblocks, and so on downrange with centerfire rifles. Or once in awhile if I had a generic AR mag or pistol mag that malfunctioned, it was simply thrown downrange and then shot. [laugh] Then people like Gibby would come along and throw golf balls in the air and shoot them with his .22. Yet, somehow, after thousands upon thousands of rounds fired (ammo was much cheaper back then) nobody ever got seriously hurt, nobody died, and nobody's house had a hole in the side of it. Then we would take all our trash with us when we left. Also much to the chagrin of safety sallies everywhere we would carry loaded firearms with us downrange, sometimes holstered, sometimes not. [laugh]

That said every range is different- and if one has particular safety rules I obey them. The range you can get away with blowing up printers at while they're on the ground is not the same place as the one that has a highway behind it or a bunch of antis/moonbats/douchebags living in condos.

-Mike

I must have watched it 60 times now hoping to find something would show that it is a fake video. Sadly, I cannot say that I think it is.....

At around :07, the 2 guys walking back, "jump" a bit, simultaneously, like the video was stopped for a split second and started. Their walk is interrupted. It happens quick. Watch closely.

The guy shooting, does not have the same "jump" or interrupt, in the video.

I call BS.

Those dudes downrange seem unfazed because they are.
They've got protection:

bulletproof-cup-gag.jpg

http://imgur.com/gallery/7HGzz3z

At Singletary R&G I saw an elderly shooter yell at another shooter while he was packing his equipment to leave the range because there were people down range. Assuming his pistol was unloaded, the packing shooter always kept his firearm pointed in a safe direction, it seemed over the top.

At Singletary R&G I saw an elderly shooter yell at another shooter while he was packing his equipment to leave the range because there were people down range. Assuming his pistol was unloaded, the packing shooter always kept his firearm pointed in a safe direction, it seemed over the top.
Perhaps, but a very common range policy is "no touching or handling of firearms while someone is downrange except in cases where deadly force is authorized by state and federal law".

Perhaps, but a very common range policy is "no touching or handling of firearms while someone is downrange except in cases where deadly force is authorized by state and federal law".

As far as I know, at my Club, the last part (beginning with "except") is not allowed. If the Red Light is on, you have to use a truncheon (or similar, but NO zoobows!) for said deadly force.

Tm Not to mention, would you trust strangers to shoot past you? I wouldn't. There are maybe a dozen people I would, if i had to.

- - - Updated - - -

[rofl]

I have people drive past me all the time, eventually no big deal.

You know, we need to stop mystifying guns, it might accidently be a turn off to newbies with so many rules. Maybe relaxing a little (ok, not this much, but close) is a good idea. How many people do you know that think you could blow up all the gunpowder in the bullets by lifting a match? Let newbies see it's dangerous as a chainsaw, but maybe doesn't need two person integrity and nuke codes to open a safe.

Must be the Russians.

[video=youtube_share;rI01qKAqYts]http://youtu.be/rI01qKAqYts[/video]

Back
Top Bottom