• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Unrestricted in Salem Ma.

Anyone have a unrestricted LTC in Salem? I got my LTC last year class A but hunting and traget restriction. The cop doing the licensing told me straight out that Salem does not give out unrestricted licenses. Being my first time getting my license I didnt know any better and just accepted what he told me. I know this is a issue that has been beaten to death here on NES but is there anything I could do to lift these restrictions even if I have to wait till I renew.

That's what i heard, i have a couple friends that live in Salem and they also have restrictions.
You can always go back to the PD and ask them if you can get them to remove the restrictions.

I have a friend who got licensed in Lynn unrestricted. He moved to Salem and called Salem PD to ask them about the address change requirements, and they told him they will not tamper with his existing unrestricted LTC, but if he chooses to stay long enough for a renewal, they would restrict him.

I could have given him the address change info, and not draw attention to himself. Oh well.

In Salem, you are not likely to get unrestricted unless you are very connected from what I hear.

I hear the same. To bad for me I guess. I am actually thinking of moving, not really liking Salem anyhow. A geen city will definitley be a prerequisite to my next move.

I applied January 27 of this year and got the same story. They cashed my check but still waiting for the call that my license is in. She said 4 weeks.

So ridiculous. I carry in Salem almost everyday. Hell, I'm in Salem right now and armed. I just happen to live in a green town nearby.

Been said a million times, but this system where the COP gets to play God with our rights is just insane.

Back
Top Bottom