• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

"unlisted" new gun in a MA gun shop?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I was in a gun shop today, and I was shocked to see they have a brand new Talo exclusive that is not on the EOPS list that I really wanted. Unfortunately I was there to FTF transfer a similar firearm that is on the list.

What is the deal? I didn't say anything to anyone...

Chris

Don't say anything! :)
So I was in a gun shop today, and I was shocked to see they have a brand new Talo exclusive that is not on the EOPS list that I really wanted. Unfortunately I was there to FTF transfer a similar firearm that is on the list.

What is the deal? I didn't say anything to anyone...

Chris

Nobody ever got (somebody else) into trouble by keeping his mouth shut.

I hear ya, what I a surprised about is I spoke with the MFGs attorney a few weeks ago about getting one into the state. Why would have the MFG shipped the gun to the state?

chris

Nobody ever got (somebody else) into trouble by keeping his mouth shut.
+1,000,000

I hear ya, what I a surprised about is I spoke with the MFGs attorney a few weeks ago about getting one into the state. Why would have the MFG shipped the gun to the state?
The only thing stopping them from shipping one in would be their own paranoid policies.

If the dealer will transfer it to you, then follow EC's advice and STFU and whip out the plastic!
Some dealers have non-compliant handguns in stock but won't sell them to Joe Average, only the privileged few.

Bear in mind that all TALO does typically is apply a finish. Thats it. No underlying change to the firearm. No different than a Springfield 1911 Mil Spec that started off parkerized and wound up finsihed in hard chrome.

Yeah there is a lot of TALO stuff that is MA compliant. It doesn't have to say "Super Xiectalub TALO eDITION" on the roster for it it to be legal.

-Mike

Who cares... Really.... the dealer is the one that has to comply. MYOFB. If they want to sell something they make that choice. Your job is to buy it or move along.

Also dealers don't just sell to YOU and the rest of Mass. They do sell out of state. People on vacation wander in and buy all the time. Dealer ships it to the buyer's dealer in his home state. No MA compliance needed.

Calling out a dealer for selling something is is like pointing at your friend in the car and saying the booze is his.

Nobody likes a rat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom