Unlicensed Ranges

I'm living in western mass, does anyone know ranges/clubs that allow an unlicensed person to shoot with someone who is licensed? Long story short applied LTC about a year ago got denied for a misunderstanding on one of the questions however my wife got hers (she's a good girl) waiting to reapply off of a lawyers recommendation but still want to go to the range with her.

I'm living in western mass, does anyone know ranges/clubs that allow an unlicensed person to shoot with someone who is licensed? Long story short applied LTC about a year ago got denied for a misunderstanding on one of the questions however my wife got hers (she's a good girl) waiting to reapply off of a lawyers recommendation but still want to go to the range with her.
You can legally shoot with a licensed individual but cannot own nor carry. Unless you received a court order to not touch a firearm.

Never received a court order or anything but the place I tried was hot brass in West Springfield and they won't let me unless I hire one of their trainers during the time which is pretty pricey. Looking for friendly ranges or clubs in the area though. If anyone has experience with them.

Never received a court order or anything but the place I tried was hot brass in West Springfield and they won't let me unless I hire one of their trainers during the time which is pretty pricey. Looking for friendly ranges or clubs in the area though. If anyone has experience with them.
  • If you do not possess a gun permit, you must be with a certified instructor to use Hot Brass facilities.
Regardless of age, each individual using the facility must possess a valid gun permit for the state of Massachusetts. We do accept specific out-of-state permits as allowed by law

The place you listed in Springfield is not the norm. Almost every other for profit (non club) you can use without a LTC. Especially with a licensed person with you

Mgs being machine guns right?
Yes. Machine guns. Also known as full auto. Some years ago "they" decided that they can only be fired (or even handled) by Green Card holders no matter who owned them. This because of a horrible situation where a young kid died while shooting a subgun. Jack.

Lol are you actually statutorily prohibited or not?

This is sort of important, because if you do not know the answer to this, you can basically be setting up an ez bake oven trap for youself for serious problems that are worse than not having a
gun license.

No I'm not statutorily prohibited I just answered one of the questions wrong on my application. Had I ever been to court for a criminal offense. I thought like breaking and entering stealing a car armed robbery. I didn't know it meant driving issues. I had my license reinstated and didn't know I had to go to rmv to get it back. I got pulled over and cleared it up in court...

Just wanted to update, me and my wife joined Westfield Sportsman Club. The membership was a reasonable 90 a year and includes a spouse. The ranges looked nice, certainly nothing fancy but I don't need bells and whistles lol. Should be heading out there soon to put some rounds down range in the new P80 G19 build I did.

Back
Top Bottom