• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

universal laser boresights: any good ones out there?

flintoid

Banned
I've seen the "one size fits all" boresights that have different fittings for the muzzle end of different caliber rifles, and I'm curious- does anyone have any feedback on these accessories? Opinions? Do they hurt the muzzle? Do they even work?

I've seen the "one size fits all" boresights that have different fittings for the muzzle end of different caliber rifles, and I'm curious- does anyone have any feedback on these accessories? Opinions? Do they hurt the muzzle? Do they even work?

Mine uses o rings to fit different bore sizes, which doesnt hurt the bore. They all will get you on the paper to further sight your scope.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

I have the bushnell laser and i dont like it.(you can have it) barska has one, im sure you can find it. the traditional bore sight is the way to go.

I think I bought the barska, if it supports the calibers you will be using, I wouldn't spend much $$ on it, it seems to me that as long as it puts you on the paper at 50yds, its good enough. Best luck

I have used the walmart (what ever brand label is in) for many years. I find it best to use indoors and follow the instructions. Dont play with it to much. use the correct bushing/orings stick it in do a quick adjust and hit the range.

I also purchased a few bore laser sighters from midway and have found about the same results. If you spin the .223 bore laser in my 5.56 bore laser will shift. not much but does. So far both have saved me a good amount of time and ammo. Especially if you have a range that limits your distance for targrt placement. ie: 50yard minimum target placement. You can not see either laser out doors for more than 20ish yards anyhows.

If the fittings are plastic, they don't hurt the muzzle. They don't work any better than looking through the barrel, then the scope, and adjusting, but they aren't any worse either.

I ended up buying several of the "cartridge style" laser boresights in 5.56, .308, 7.62x39, etc.

They all worked "marginally ok." They got me on paper. But just barely in some cases. lol

Back
Top Bottom