United Technologies takes over Raytheon

Boris

Son of Kalashnikov
NES Member
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
This is more like a flea and tick bath with delousing, along with chemo to eradicate the management cancer cells. It is being done by UTC to the satisfaction of the customers.
I haven't worked at Raytheon in particular, but it sounds like many places I've. During the "delousing" usually the best of the ticks survive and figure out better ways to scapegoat and push unto whatever producers they have left.

NES Member
Rating - 100%
73   0   0

appraiser

NES Member
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Was a manager there for ten years.
Yes they were screwed up. Being a union shop def contributed to the crazy shit that went on. But ALL military systems houses are similarly screwed up. They make their money bybsupporting fielded systems, rewriting code, etc

When i was there, their missile and EW systems were top notch.

It started sliding downhill when all missile production left the state
Raytheon was trying to buy that division of a competitor down the street at exit 12

They promised the employees who came over the world, HUGE retention bonuses, to the point people put off their retirement to see if the deal closed.

In the end one of the other companies involved (Northrup?) torpedoed the deal.

I was promised a new Corvette if the money came thru.... needless to say I didn't get my Vette.

NES Member
Rating - 100%
73   0   0
“This disaster was caused by a wholesale management failure at Columbia Gas,” US Attorney Andrew Lelling said Wednesday in announcing the penalties.

Is this similar to having as published, "Inferior Management"?

Is being sold the same as a "Merger"?

hmmmmmm, I seem to see similarities here 🤔

NES Member
Rating - 100%
73   0   0
I didn't think Woburn would be affected due to the superfund toxic waste site fumes.
Built by Genuity and vacated and abandoned for years. Former Genuity employee said the floors would change different colors due to the chemicals seeping up. Mitigation was to cover the floors with rug.

Last edited:

CoastieRon

NES Member
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
I didn't think Woburn would be affected due to the superfund toxic waste site fumes.
Built by Genuity and vacated and abandoned for years. Former Genuity employee said the floors would change different colors due to the chemicals seeping up. Mitigation was to cover the floors with rug.
That was the last RTN facility I worked in, and am still good friends with the FSO there. Last I talked to her, they were running at 110% occupancy (Sudbury had just closed).

I think I still have their fingerprinting machine.....

Spanz

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
back in the day, i used to drive home after work up rt 93 north. some summer days, i had to close the windows on the highway, because the fumes were so strong, going by that contaminated pond. I think there is a target store on top of it now.

That hide tanning operation was going on for decades.

They just put up a fancy hotel over the WR Grace toxic waste site a little further down the road, still in woburn. It looks VERY swank. :)

NES Member
Rating - 100%
73   0   0
Maybe they'll donate toe-tags.

It looks like they knew for up to ten days before it hit the press, and then employee's found out. Typical, as expected, inferior management?

Here's a long lasting statement (The RayCo virus infestation has started?)

Last edited:

NES Member
Rating - 100%
73   0   0
I wonder how they're going to handle their infected "Meat" ? Let them all get infected, while making it look like their doing something, and go for herd immunity? That would be a typical zero cost solution.

Since a life has been determined to be worth 3M by the insurance companies, and the cost of fixing identified problems could be more than 3M. The zero cost "why fix it solutions" are used. The 737 MAXX is a golden example.

The AS9100 quality process is a total joke infested with A-Holes

Last edited:

Spanz

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I wonder how they're going to handle their infected "Meat" ? Let them all get infected, while making it look like their doing something, and go for herd immunity? That would be a typical zero cost solution.

Since a life has been determined to be worth 3M by the insurance companies, and the cost of fixing identified problems could be more than 3M. The zero cost "why fix it solutions" are used. The 737 MAXX is a golden example.

The AS9100 quality process is a total joke infested with A-Holes
Uhhh....have you ever gone thru an AS9100 audit? If you have a bottle of nail polish in your secretary's drawer, and it is not inventoried and has an expiration date on it, you get dinged!

I mean, seriously....any big company is going to have some issues revealed in an audit. They are issued deficiencies, then corrective action is developed and implemented. If the auditors anywhere along the way thing something serious is going wrong, they shut down the plant. If they auditors feel the company is proceeding in good faith to try to clear up discrepancies, they let the plant keep going UNDER CLOSE SCRUTINY.

Stop believing EVERY sensational piece of "journalism" you read online.

Spanz

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Top Bottom