• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Union Leader: 3D Printed Guns Are Here to Stay (Boris' Shovel gets a mention)

Sorry Boris, they didn't link to the thread or otherwise mention your screenname. But hey, they mentioned the shovel AK and said it is an AR15 LOL.

The internet is also rife with videos of people demonstrating how to make AR-15s out of shovels or melted aluminum cans recast in molds, for example.

The plans are now on a blockchain. No court order or law can ever remove them. As long as we have electricity and the Internet, those files will be available to anyone.

While Defense Distributed has been prohibited from posting its computer-assisted design and computer-assisted manufacturing (CAD/CAM) files on its website since 2013, the files have been readily available from a number of other sources.

"I think our laws around digital content do not reflect the realities of the internet whatsoever," said Jeremy Kauffman, founder and CEO of Manchester-based LBRY, a community-run digital marketplace. "Everything that governments, politicians are doing in this area, they're living in a fantasy land. That file never disappeared . any person who wanted that file, with even a slight technical ability, would have been able to access that file."

The CAD/CAM files for the Liberator and a number of other 3D-printed guns are available through LBRY's system, which uses blockchain technology to connect creators to customers without a middleman. Even if legislation made it illegal for anyone to post the designs, the decentralized nature of the blockchain would make it all but impossible for LBRY or anyone else to eradicate them, Kauffman said.

LBRY also has designs for printable AR-15 lower receivers and several pistol frames, the part of the gun that contains the firing mechanism.

It is impossible to know how often the files have been used to make guns, or how many plastic guns are in circulation.

3D-printed guns: 'You cannot put this back in the box' | New Hampshire

Anyone have a good recommendation for a decent 3D printer at a fair price? I'm thinking of making little Bernie troll knick knacks to sell to the sheep at the civil war riots.
438789a492103772f2a938d86411f829.jpg

Sad thing is that I half expect a merger between the UL and the Communist Monitor......and the sad thing is that such a thing would probably improve the accuracy/reporting on the UL.......THATS how BAD it is......

The fact of the matter is that they disabled reader comments because the readers comments were factually more accurate than the articles the UL posted.......

Most likely the main reason that comments were disabled. They hated being called out for being liars.

When did Boris make an AR15 out of a shovel??? Oh...the UL...asswipe rag edited by school children. "Armed To The Teeth" was one of their headlines(one of the few, not misspelled) referring to a shotgun, rifle and a pistol. Pathetically ,they try to give free papers away at the Concord Gun Show....guy got pissed when I told him to shove his paper up his arse.

Most likely the main reason that comments were disabled. They hated being called out for being liars.

Nowadays when I follow a link into a mainstream media site,
I evaluate whether to trust the story by whether
the site allows reader comments.

No reader comments?
Must be peddling Very Fake News.

Nowadays when I follow a link into a mainstream media site,
I evaluate whether to trust the story by whether
the site allows reader comments.

No reader comments?
Must be peddling Very Fake News.

Yep... #metoo [devil2]

John Moses Browning made a shotgun out of old parts sitting around his father's shop, when he was about 10 years old.

His father didn't realize it until he was eating some duck one night for dinner and asked "hey, where did this come from?"

When did Boris make an AR15 out of a shovel??? Oh...the UL...asswipe rag edited by school children. "Armed To The Teeth" was one of their headlines(one of the few, not misspelled) referring to a shotgun, rifle and a pistol. Pathetically ,they try to give free papers away at the Concord Gun Show....guy got pissed when I told him to shove his paper up his arse.
I would absolutely love to see plans for a 3D printed Panzerfaust, including it's shaped charged 2.5 lb. HE warhead. Perfect for reducing BEAR and BEARCAT jackboot vehicles to piles of rubble very quickly.

“The machines are available to purchase for anywhere from several hundred to several thousand dollars.” Good luck making a gun with a $500 printer!

“...the Liberator and its ilk have been at the center of a legal and philosophical battle.”. Nobody every says “Mother Theresa and her ilk” - ilks are those that the user of the term has judged as unsavory, undesirable and to be discouraged.

“On May 7, 2017, the Transportation Security Administration detected a printed, plastic gun at the Manchester-Boston Regional Aiport and removed it from a passenger's carry-on luggage.“ If they can detected guns defined as “undetectable” I’m sure they can still charge you...but maybe they didn’t in this case. If you print a Liberator from PLA at stupid low density, it’s incapable of firing a bullet. TSA can seize your BVDs if the waisteband has stripes the color of the PLO flag.

It’s a Slippery Slope ignoring proposal of senseless laws, but it sure keep the foolish Gun Control advocates busy! Let’s print a plastic barrel wrapped with wire coils capable of propelling a low velocity ferrous metal bullet by magnetic induction - it’s only a matter of time and those will be lethal and should be banned too.

The progressive dream of controlling every aspect of our lives has hit a stumbling block.
Ask any of them.
They know what you should eat, what you should say , how you should dress, where you should work, what you should drive ,where you should live , and what you can own.
The hard on for guns is to keep you from saying no.

Back
Top Bottom