Unikorp body armor?

GSG

Has anyone ever heard of Unikorp body armor? I took apart one of their vests the other day, the insert is several thin layers of what looks like fiberglass sheeting. It's less flexible than most vests, but very light and comfortable. I have the opportunity to get a good deal on one, but I'm wondering if anyone has experience with them since they seem like they're new kids on the block.

If it's Unicor, it's crap made by the Buearu of Prisons. If you are wearing it, keep in mind it was put together by prison inmates.

Thankfully, we quit wearing it over 10 years ago.

If it's Unicor, it's crap made by the Buearu of Prisons. If you are wearing it, keep in mind it was put together by prison inmates.

Thankfully, we quit wearing it over 10 years ago.

Holy crap! I don't think they've been around that long though.

http://unikorp.net/

The company sells them locally at the gunshows down here, a friend caught the guy leaving the show and talked him into selling him some real cheap so he didn't have to take the inventory home. In addition to the great price, the vest has a really cool image on the front of a skull wearing a Kevlar helmet. [grin]

I already have a name brand vest that works just fine, but these vests seem like they'd be easier to maintain since they wouldn't absorb sweat the way that traditional vests do. Evidently the company has a range onsite where they'll let you fire rounds at sample sheeting to prove it's worthiness, which I thought was pretty cool. I haven't tried any of that out though.

Back
Top Bottom