• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Unicorn: Modern, metal-frame .45

I was talking to a fella who was looking for a modern(post-WW2 design) full-size .45 that has a metal frame and is not 1911. For the life of me, I can't think of ANY guns like that! All I could come up with is Atlas Gunworks guns but they cost more than my car! Is there NO modern, say, sub $1500 gun that's not a 1911!? Perhaps someone could educate me.

Also, the Smith 945PC is a modernized 1911, and quite a tack driver.

945_170156_RSB0021a.jpg

I was talking to a fella who was looking for a modern(post-WW2 design) full-size .45 that has a metal frame and is not 1911. For the life of me, I can't think of ANY guns like that! All I could come up with is Atlas Gunworks guns but they cost more than my car! Is there NO modern, say, sub $1500 gun that's not a 1911!? Perhaps someone could educate me.

Not sure if serious, CZ97, Sig P220 stainless come to mind right off the bat. There are others which may or may not be still in production.

Is there a steel framed version of that? I thought those use aluminum alloy frames.

Yes, back a long time ago, Langdon won an IDPA competition with a P220 ST I think, it was enough that the "church" just had to go f*** with the weight classes of the guns so it would get
banned. They were pretty "upset" that it wasnt a 1911 that won. (this may have eventually been reversed, I'm not well read up on the photogrpaher vests/washers/and low round count games)

S&W 645 is also 45, stainless frame and slide.

Ruger P90, aluminum frame, also .45.

Jericho 941 FS45 - 45. with a steel frame.

Please stop talking about the Korth PRS. It's going to push me into buying one, and it's going to increase the odds that I'll be competing with someone else here in MA for it. [laugh]
If it helps, I'm not in the running (not for lack of want). When you buy it, I'll happily help you shoot it though...so it doesn't feel like you wasted your money, you know?

Aluminum is metal, the OP question was about metal frames

If we're going to go to allowing alloys and pot metal into the discussion then the list will easily double.... lol

There is bullshit like the HI POINT .45 even that the OP could buy. Yeah it's "metal framed". Not good metal, but... metal. As close as you can get to feces, but still call it
metal.

Back
Top Bottom