• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Underwood ammo!!

Rick1987

NES Member
Anyone here use it?

I bought some 10mm 180gr JHP and 155 JHP.
Cases were starline brass as well!
Talk about some punch!

Kevin the owner is a nice guy also.

I don't think they ship to MA, I just had them shipped to a buddy in RI.

www.underwoodammo.com

I think I saw a test of underwood 10mm but forgot if it was 180 or 155 but the gold dot they used failed and had major jacket separation and ended up having a figure like 18" of penetration. With that said, very powerful stuff but keep in mind what's behind what you're shooting.

I think I saw a test of underwood 10mm but forgot if it was 180 or 155 but the gold dot they used failed and had major jacket separation and ended up having a figure like 18" of penetration. With that said, very powerful stuff but keep in mind what's behind what you're shooting.

The gold dots were not designed to be driven at 10mm velocity hence they came apart. One of the bullet company's needs to build a good 10mm hollowpoint thats designed for warp speed

Hodgdon lists 1172 fps as tops with a 200 grainer with Longshot, so these guys are loading hotter than that, I'd say.
Not that this is to say they are pushing the limits and offering unsafe product. They do caution against the use of firearms with the unsupported chambers with their 10mm ammo.
Here's another related link...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=deEmzTPVj-o

Last edited:
I talked to Kevin and he told me the 135 grain would over penetrate, and they don't recommend the hot loads for the delta elite.

They shot beautifully out of my G20. I just got a KKM 6" barrel for it and can't wait to try it out.

I will have to post some pics.

As you scroll down their 10mm offerings, I see they do list ammo for the Delta Elite...
...at least they put "Delta Elite" in the description and show reduced velocities, hence lighter loads presumably.

I've been looking for their ammo too! Their 9mm 147gr JHP has 520ft/lbs or energy , which is better than most .40's! I need some of this for my G19. Their ballistics on all their ammo are ridiculous.

FWIW, a Berry's 185g Hybrid HP in .45 Auto (2 pics) and in 10mm (1 pic). I don't recall what my load was in the 10mm, but it was probably with Longshot. Fired into 1-gallon plastic water jugs filled with water:

Attachments

• IMG_1039e.jpg
    IMG_1039e.jpg
    335 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_1044.JPG
    IMG_1044.JPG
    260.9 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_1141.JPG
    IMG_1141.JPG
    295.1 KB · Views: 9
I just ordered some 220gr hard cast 10mm. 1200FPS. Not going to have my reloading setup done by deer season, so I bought some from Underwood.

I have some of this and have shot it through my G20. It’s not unmanageable, but it’s definitely stout for such a light frame.

I got it for the sole purpose of when I go hiking in bear country (Montana, Wyoming, Idaho, etc.) and i have a nice kydex chest rig for it that sits right between my backpack straps.

Back
Top Bottom