• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Under review

Called to check on the status of my LTC, was told it is under review by local licensing officer. I assume this means its in the final stages of being mailed to me, or no? :)
I passed in my app on 3/19...

Called to check on the status of my LTC, was told it is under review by local licensing officer. I assume this means its in the final stages of being mailed to me, or no? :)
I started my renewal on January 4th I received my license April 6th! Almost 3 months to the day. Good luck.

I was told my local police forward it to the Staties for fed check... Staties take forever. Expect 3 - 4 months from filing.

not really. after everything comes back to the PD the chief will usually do a 'final' review before signing off on the application. Then the LO simply needs to log into the licensing system and mark 'approved' (plus any restrictions if the town does that) and then FRB will print and mail back to the town PD. Different PDs will either mail or call you to pick up your LTC.

I was told my local police forward it to the Staties for fed check... Staties take forever. Expect 3 - 4 months from filing.

Are you talking Peabody specifically?
Because if you aren't than the time frame is simply not true.
I've recently had 2 people get their LTC within 4-5 weeks. (not a renewal)

That's pretty weak, my friend in the same city applied in January and only took roughly 4 weeks.

- - - Updated - - -

not really. after everything comes back to the PD the chief will usually do a 'final' review before signing off on the application. Then the LO simply needs to log into the licensing system and mark 'approved' (plus any restrictions if the town does that) and then FRB will print and mail back to the town PD. Different PDs will either mail or call you to pick up your LTC.
Ah ok, this is what I was looking for. Wasn't positive what under review really meant haha

thanks!

Did the local PD conduct a reference check? One of the people I listed on my app received a questionnaire in the mail. If your references aren't great at sending mail, that could cause further delay. I've been pestering my reference for four straight days to send the paperwork back.

Back
Top Bottom