• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Unconstitutional: MA Law Prohibiting 'Secret' Recording of Police

Another shining example of "To Protect and Serve"...
“I think we all have our basic rights and I think people should not record others secretly or surreptitiously,” Fall River Police Chief Daniel Racine told WPRI"r

Only a liar fears that what s/he says will come back and bite her/him.

Only a liar fears that what s/he says will come back and bite her/him.

Not when you are talking to a liar with powers to arrest. They can lie to get an answer from you.

The whole 'don't talk to the police' with out your attorney, thing.

Last edited:
Someone in another thread suggested that this wasn't necessarily completely awesome. "two edged sword" or similar.

I can't think of a downside to this, am I missing something?

That was me. I wasn't referring to 'us, the unwashed masses' as being vulnerable. I was thinking of the "government officials" part of the ruling. Technically that might include people like Pelosi and Schumer who want to discuss things behind closed doors.

That was me. I wasn't referring to 'us, the unwashed masses' as being vulnerable. I was thinking of the "government officials" part of the ruling. Technically that might include people like Pelosi and Schumer who want to discuss things behind closed doors.

Oh, I see. They can do stuff in secret anyway. This isn't an "open government" ruling, it's a "you can record your own interactions with police" ruling. If I read it correctly, this doesn't even allow for a politician meeting with an opponent to record the conversation without notice.

WGBH: Federal Judge Rules People Can Secretly Record Police In Public Spaces
By Tori Bedford
May 23, 2019

A federal judge ordered the Boston Police Department and the Suffolk County District Attorney to notify their officers and prosecutors that people have the right to secretly record police, as long as the police are on-duty and in public.
Now Suffolk DA Rachael Rollins and the BPD have 30 days to tell their officers about the December ruling. In a statement sent to WGBH News, Rollins said her office will comply with the order and is discussing next steps with the Attorney General’s office. The Boston Police declined to comment.​

Hat tip: Instapundit

Good. Another thread where I can reinforce that cops suck. All of them.

We honestly don’t have enough of them.

Someone should be put in charge of creating a brand new hourly thread about how cops are f*** heads.

Because there is at least one story Every hour illustrating the fact.

Someone should be put in charge of creating a brand new hourly thread about how cops are f*** heads.

Yea let's keep showing people who come to this website, who may have friends or family that are cops, or even support police that they have no place here even if they're gun owners like us....??? Brilliant.

I'm perfectly happy with the kind of cops who think they're above the law feeling unwelcome. I would rather they not be employed as police officers at all, frankly.

Yea let's keep showing people who come to this website, who may have friends or family that are cops, or even support police that they have no place here even if they're gun owners like us....??? Brilliant.
Anyone with half a brain will know people here dont hate ALL cops.

People also talk sh*t about doctors and lawyers, yet we have a few lawyers that post on NES.

So, what laws have your friend or family member who's a cop broken, and why are you trying to cover for him?

MLAboss as am I, but a million threads along with the comments and somewhat normal people will be pushed away from spending money to become green in my opinion or becoming active members in general here. Well fck that place they're all anti cop anti gov nutbags. The bigger our footprint, the better for us all.

Ohh I think there are quite a few people here who late law enforcement as a whole.

Hahaha you got me Stevie. I'm old school corrupt to the core, all my friends and family are evil road pirates.

MLAboss as am I, but a million threads along with the comments and somewhat normal people will be pushed away from spending money to become green in my opinion or becoming active members in general here. Well fck that place they're all anti cop anti gov nutbags. The bigger our footprint, the better for us all.

Ohh I think there are quite a few people here who late law enforcement as a whole.

Hahaha you got me Stevie. I'm old school corrupt to the core, all my friends and family are evil road pirates.

The very few people that will not become green because of a few threads, are also the kind of people thet won't last a week on NES. No need for them.

Gun owners in general are anti a**hole cops and anti government. The smart cops understand this and stay here. We have a lot of members that have been cops and NES members for years.

If you cant handle it, I'm sure there are plenty of pro government and cops only forums.

If a reader is discomforted by the tenor of posters who think LE are not above the law, I have somewhere they can go: MassCops

If cops want all these exemptions to laws like they currently have, and they want to have power over their fellow citizens, god forbid being able to record them in public secretly be frowned upon. Cops are to be held to higher standards than Joe Citizen. Don’t like it? Find another job.

Gee thanks for leaving out the doctors :D

Sounds like a bunch of greedy jerks always cutting people open for no reason except to get that sweet insurance money. Or something something life saving treatments. I don't know, I wasn't really listening and once they started giving me meds I lost a few hours of memories.

During my 23 year LE career, no fellow officer that I trusted personally, would trust cops in general just on the basis of their being cops. They were generally more distrusting of street cops than they were of the general public, even though our "clients" and their hangers-on were some of the worst segments of society.

During my 23 year LE career, no fellow officer that I trusted personally, would trust cops in general just on the basis of their being cops. They were generally more distrusting of street cops than they were of the general public, even though our "clients" and their hangers-on were some of the worst segments of society.
This mirrors my opinion as well after 17 yrs.

Unfortunately in any profession, Power/Control/Trust can and does equal corruption with those sick enough to abuse their position. Public service personnel, lawyers, clergy, teachers, medical staff, CEO's, Hollywood fakers, CNN, scumbag politicians, are just a few that come to mind.

Back
Top Bottom