• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Unbelievably positive firearm licensing experience

After you get your Ma licence you get your Utha licence and you have them both tp cover you in multiple States.

But to get your Utah licence you have to take the Utah safety course there are Ma instructors that do a combo course for Utah and Florida for $100 dollars.

Ma LTC covers some states Utah cover a couple of more states and then Florida cover a couple of more states.

I have a NH ME RI CT MA UT & FL licence so i am covered as much as possible if i travel I am going to look in to other states but almost all the states i am not covered in like NY NJ CA IL WA OR CO they suck and some of them states don't issue out of state licences.
Time for national reciprocity...

Not from MA of course.

I had a nice and smooth experience today and it was in Ma.

I had to renew my LTC and M.G. licence and it was smooth and easy the officer that does the licensing is really nice I asked hom if he was PRO GUN and said no PRO constitutional rights.

Last edited:
Yes that would be AWESOME it is like that for a drivers license and a marriage license so why not a constitutional right like a gun licence.

Plus it would save me a shit load of money if I didn't have to renew all these things.
Common sense is a rare commodity right now, hopefully people will pull their heads out.

I had a nice and smooth experience today and it was in Ma.

I had to renew my LTC and M.G. licence and it was smooth and easy the officer that does the licensing is really nice I asked hom if he was PRO GUN and said no PRO constitutional rights.
I need to move to that town, my licensing officer, had to explain to him what a green card was and the immediate response was a firm head shaking indicating a no! Nice enough fella, don’t get me wrong!But...:)

When I got my Arizona license, they misspelled my last name. I called up, got someone on the phone right away, they apologized and mailed out my new card. Had it in hand within a few days.

After you get your Ma licence you get your Utha licence and you have them both tp cover you in multiple States.

But to get your Utah licence you have to take the Utah safety course there are Ma instructors that do a combo course for Utah and Florida for $100 dollars.

Ma LTC covers some states Utah cover a couple of more states and then Florida cover a couple of more states.

I have a NH ME RI CT MA UT & FL licence so i am covered as much as possible if i travel I am going to look in to other states but almost all the states i am not covered in like NY NJ CA IL WA OR CO they suck and some of them states don't issue out of state licences.
See you didn't mention Pa. Might want to check that out, they're not excepting as many NR permits as they used to.

See you didn't mention Pa. Might want to check that out, they're not excepting as many NR permits as they used to.

I never need one there because my other licences covered PA.

But now it don't.

I might go get one but I don't go there that much any more.

I used to go there once a year to some really big gun show to buy stuff but I haven't in a couple of years.

Plus I think you have to go there to apply and if I have no plains on going there that's a pain in the ass.

Last edited:
I don't think it has anything to do with 2A, I can't imagine one branch of UT government is efficient as this one and another isn't. I think it is simply an efficient UT government compare to the nazi state we live in, as a whole. It's not just 2A that sucks here, try to call the RMV to ask a question.

What are you talking about, Mass is pretty damn efficient, it's seems they say no pretty quickly?

The south would welcome you, as long as you leave your Ma**h*** tendencies behind. The south is turning purple thanks to carpetbaggers, we need more red hue in our electorate. When Texas goes blue, the country is done for.

No, he's making the point that the best case wrt carry is NOT NEEDING A LICENSE at all.

-Mike

I kinda figured that but I didnt want to jump to conclusions like I did about a tax bill can't be used as proof of residence in NH but it can.

I was thinking that NH was like Mass because in Mass a tax bill alone wouldn't be good enough to prove residence you would need a combination of documents to prove residence here in Mass.

Last edited:
... in Mass a tax bill alone wouldn't be good enough to prove residence you would need a combination of documents to prove residence here in Mass.
Brockton Police Department
LTC/FID/MACE Application
Instruction Sheet

Applicants must reside in the City of Brockton OR be the business owner of a business within the city of Brockton.

The following need to be accomplished for NEW applications.
• Applicants must bring proof of residence (i.e. Utility Bill, Phone Bill, Tax Bill, ETC...)
...​

Brockton Police Department
LTC/FID/MACE Application
Instruction Sheet

Applicants must reside in the City of Brockton OR be the business owner of a business within the city of Brockton.

The following need to be accomplished for NEW applications.
• Applicants must bring proof of residence (i.e. Utility Bill, Phone Bill, Tax Bill, ETC...)
...​

Sorry I don't know how to make it short and sweet. But I can make a point

Go for a Ma LTC and see if they will accept just one bill they want more than that in Ma for proof of residence unless the issuing officer knows you.

They will ask for a drivers license and if the address on your drivers license is not the address your applying for the LTC the PD will either make you wait till it is on your drivers license if there really liberal and if there not so bad they will ask you if you put in a change off address with the RMV and to put the change of address sticker on your license and they will check you licence with the RMV to make sure it's your currant address.

And if it's for a business they will want some kind of proof of that too because most PD in Ma tell you to go to your place of recidence so they don't have to deal with it.

And if you don't think they check this stuff your crazy they hope you say one thing and check to find out something different so they can deny your LTC by saying your not a suitable person for lying.

I have been in the PD to change my address and waiting my turn beause there was a person in front of me who was putting in a change of address he was moving in to the city and they told him he has to bring in 2 type of utility bills as proof of residence for him to come back when he had that info.

And when it was my turn I told him the same thing I just moved here and the issuing officer said he will mark it down let me see your LTC so i can make a copy of it and just make sure i send the address change to the state and old city.

So it all depends on the PD some can be real ducks because there anti gun and some are cool and don't care because they know your not a criminal because criminals don't normally apply or have LTC.

You keep posting what the law is and yes that might be the law. But we are in the real world and unless you have a lawyer in your pocket the law don't mean sht because if the issuing PD don't follow the law what can you do. Take them to court and sue them to get your LTC and Green Card and with out a bank roll to get a lawyer your SOL so most people just say ok and walk away and don't try to do anything else if there denied a LTC or Green Card.

Just like the law in Ma to get your Green Card is be a Bonafide collector and by mass law being a bona fide collector means having a C&R. And all the rest of the stipulations are the exact same as getting your LTC so in the states eyes if you can have a LTC and you have a C&R then you can have a Green Card by law on the books. But I want you to go and try to get a Green Card out of Boston or out of Billerica you would have a better chance of seeing Jesus riding a unicorn it's almost impossible to just get a unrestricted LTC out of Boston never mind a Green Card [rofl][rofl][rofl]

Last edited:
Moved to Florida with a MA license and FL non resident license. Called the license division in Tallahassee and they told me to go to their web site, put in my FL license # and change my address, done. Renewal came in Sept, expires Dec and went to a tax office that does LTC with my paperwork for renewal. Lady greeted me, took my paper work, took my picture, printed my new license, took my $45, they reduced the fee for renewal and walked out the door in 5 minutes. Could have done it by mail, but the tax office was close enough to go to in person.
Hate on me if you like, but I'm not coming back to Mass. Free states are good. Get out before they fence it in.

Moved to Florida with a MA license and FL non resident license. Called the license division in Tallahassee and they told me to go to their web site, put in my FL license # and change my address, done. Renewal came in Sept, expires Dec and went to a tax office that does LTC with my paperwork for renewal. Lady greeted me, took my paper work, took my picture, printed my new license, took my $45, they reduced the fee for renewal and walked out the door in 5 minutes. Could have done it by mail, but the tax office was close enough to go to in person.
Hate on me if you like, but I'm not coming back to Mass. Free states are good. Get out before they fence it in.

Isn't it so pleasant when your in a free state and they actually believe in the constitution and what it stands for. Some day I will be in Florida or New Hampshire some day

NH no problem. Everybody is great to deal with.

MA I'm three month's and waiting for my non resident to get renewed.
I didn't have to go down to Chelsea this year. Hopefully it shouldn't be more than another month or two.

Back
Top Bottom