• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Unarmed black man killed by white Phoenix officer

Reptile

NES Member
PHOENIX — The facts surrounding Rumain Brisbon's death — the ones that could be agreed upon as of Wednesday evening — follow a narrative familiar to a nation still reeling from the racially charged police incidents in Ferguson, Mo., New York City and elsewhere.

In Phoenix on Tuesday evening, a white police officer who was feeling threatened used lethal force on an unarmed black man. The incident left the officer unharmed and Brisbon, 34, dead with two bullet wounds in his torso at a north Phoenix apartment complex.

Phoenix police quickly released a detailed account of the killing for the media on Wednesday morning in what officials said was an effort to promote transparency, especially in light of the unrest that has played out in Ferguson and New York City following the deaths of unarmed Black men at the hands of White officers. But portions of that account have already been challenged by some witnesses and community activists who say that the officer's use of force was excessive and that Brisbon's death was unwarranted.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/.../?hootPostID=e9f15465a7cb426ade66e1a6e9ad2b71

"Open season for killing black men."

Do not resist.

Hands up Don't Shoot!

I dont see what the color of his skin has to do with anything. It feels like this country has gone back 40 years.

I dont see what the color of his skin has to do with anything. It feels like this country has gone back 40 years.

I was just saying to my friend that this country is more divided than it's been in a long, long time.

Wonder why....?

People want racism to go away, yet they continue to perpetuate it.

This.

On everybody's part.
It's bullshit to say "I don't see color", of course you do, we all do, but for good men, it makes no difference.

No kidding. Every single episode as of late has followed the same story: Black person killed by white cop.

What about these stories:

White Pizza delivery driver murdered by black guy

Black Man Convicted of Shooting (white) Ex-Girlfriend in Winters Gets Life in Prison

Black guy shoves Asian guy in front of NYC subway train

I am really, really sick of this horseshit. Ever since race hustlers like Sharpton and Jackson glommed onto the Saint Skittles story, and later the Gentle Giant Mike Brown story, these reports keep popping up.

People kill people every day regardless of color.

I was just saying to my friend that this country is more divided than it's been in a long, long time.

Wonder why....?

I don't wonder--I'm pretty sure I know.

It's because those who've made fighting for equality their life's work have lost sight of the goal, and need to create divisive situations in order to remain relevant as that goal gets closer. Jesse Jackson, for instance, was the real deal as an up-and-coming civil rights leader in the 1960's. Fast forward 50 years, and it seems to me he's constantly trying to justify his own existence.

Add to the fact the media insists on making race an issue, and you get all this nonsense.

Simply don't understand why these cops are so easy on the draw. Is them instantly drawing their sidearm their way of deescalating the situation? What happened to Mace, Tasers and the good old knight stick/batton?

Regardless of the situation, be it for or against the officer, I'm beginning to get the idea that we need POV cameras on all our LEO's. Enough of this officer's story vs that of the citizen. Let the camera tell the tale.

I just seen a video on fb where suposaly 5 police officers shot an "unarmed" black male..but it doesnt show the video of him getying shot or what lead up to it.. just shows him on tje ground in a pile of blood where he was alive but then died right there.

Regardless of the situation, be it for or against the officer, I'm beginning to get the idea that we need POV cameras on all our LEO's. Enough of this officer's story vs that of the citizen. Let the camera tell the tale.

Even When Police Do Wear Cameras, Don't Count on Seeing the Footage

http://www.citylab.com/crime/2014/0...cant-count-on-ever-seeing-the-footage/378690/

It may or may not help. And then of course we have the " Freedom of information act " which I'm sure these videos will most likely not fall under and be sealed away.

I'd already be wearing one now if I was convinced it was legal in MA. Who wants to be the next Drren Wilson? Not me.

What I will say is that with body cameras, don't expect to ever get a break ever again. The days of two guys brawling outside a bar and the cop breaking it up, telling them to beat feet will be long over when it's all on tape and the PD admin threatens to discipline the officer for inaction.

^^This
your tail light is out, here's a ticket. when u could have gotten a simple heads up. Not to mention wearing it into someone's home for a domestic or something. You'll probably have to turn it off or face a lawsuit

Let's not forget just how fallible the video cameras are. I read a couple stories about cops who wore the cameras and kept getting complaints. It was the damnedest thing, every time someone filed a complaint, the camera was "malfunctioning". One of them had something like 7 malfunctions over a 3 or 4 week period, all of them corresponded with a complaint of inappropriate advances or brutality.

It's the same problem that gun owners have: the good guys will follow along and play by the rules and probably end up having to wade through mountains of shit just to do their jobs, while the bad apples will just bypass the rules entirely and find all the loopholes so they can keep being douchebags.

Black people are now media savvy and more and more get high tech Obamaphones, the liberal 24/7 media repeatedly play the race baiters on tv and across all forms of media. We need a do-over in this country.

Wonder why....?

Obama divided the country for to get his agenda through and to get reelected. His strategy was to get big numbers in all minority groups and single women. He did this with wedge issues, racial ones, the whole war on women garbage, etc.

And he's still at it with his racist AG Eric Holder and invites to the white house for Al Sharpton and other racial hustlers.

Any murder by a person of another race is rare, murder is almost always intra racial. White almost always kill whites, black almost always kill blacks, etc.

^^This
your tail light is out, here's a ticket. when u could have gotten a simple heads up. Not to mention wearing it into someone's home for a domestic or something. You'll probably have to turn it off or face a lawsuit

Um, they already have dash cams that record your tail light out and yet they still give a warning. For traffic offenses you will still get warnings, though they may be written warnings now so that it goes into the system so that if you are stopped again for the same thing you may be up for a ticket.

I'd already be wearing one now if I was convinced it was legal in MA. Who wants to be the next Drren Wilson? Not me.

What I will say is that with body cameras, don't expect to ever get a break ever again. The days of two guys brawling outside a bar and the cop breaking it up, telling them to beat feet will be long over when it's all on tape and the PD admin threatens to discipline the officer for inaction.

I 100% agree! All these people so quick to jump on the surveillance train better take two steps back and think things through! Sure, it might make for a bit more accountability, but at what cost? We are already full retard with surveillance EVERYWHERE! Don't know if there are any "Person of Interest" fans on here, but we are only a whisper away from that type of world. No thank you!

Back
Top Bottom