Un-Popular or not: 40S&W vs 357 Sig

Federal Air Marshals use Sig P229 DAK's in .357 Sig.

Along with US Secret Service, several other agencies, Wikipedia has a good article under the P226 shows usage. Easy conversion on P226 and P229, just a barrel swap

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I don't think either will die. I might buy a Glock 32 in my lifetime...

A true dying caliber is .45 GAP... total waste of time, lmao.
I recently discovered Florida Highway Patrol carries Glock 37's. Kinda blew my mind.

When .357 Sig came out it was pretty popular but then it waned a little. I have a 229 chambered in one and I enjoy shooting it. My gut feeling is the .40 became pedestrian (just out of exposure, not in a negative way) as LEO agencies started evaluating the round gun makers followed that road of opportunity and produced more firearms chambered in.40. I personally don't care what anybody shoots if they are competent in it. The number of people over the years I have bought from that bought handguns without really doing the research is astonishing because they like how it looked or some silliness (think I saw John Wick and now I need an HK) . With that logic in mind Hollywood sold us all those lines like "But being as this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you’ve got to ask yourself one question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?" we'll that made me want to buy a .44 at one time and when I shot it I felt lucky (until I tried using it for everyday carry then not so lucky, then all the "my 9" one liners have given way to new guys comparing their .40's to .9mm . Whatever the next big thing is will get the next batch of noobs to run out and buy something for the cool factor and then sell it with the buyers remorse they usually have.

Back
Top Bottom