• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

UN Hiring Disarmament Officers In New York

Yup. Took everything I had to not trade MREs for AK's, etc.

Most of the guys were into guns, or at least didnt want to ban them. The people who destroyed them were Swedish and as far as I know they don't have any sort of gun culture so to them it was pretty easy.

The days of smuggling things home easily are longggggg over (30+ years?) They were at the point when I was done where they were confiscating shot bullets that soldiers took as mementos. This is just a bullet with rifling marks on it. And the people who inspected everything would reject it. Not many people were brave enough to try to bring something back that was actually obviously a bad idea.

A bring back problem should be a thing for at least mementos. But everything fun now is illegal and everyones uptight about everything.

Most of the guys were into guns, or at least didnt want to ban them. The people who destroyed them were Swedish and as far as I know they don't have any sort of gun culture so to them it was pretty easy.

The days of smuggling things home easily are longggggg over (30+ years?) They were at the point when I was done where they were confiscating shot bullets that soldiers took as mementos. This is just a bullet with rifling marks on it. And the people who inspected everything would reject it. Not many people were brave enough to try to bring something back that was actually obviously a bad idea.

A bring back problem should be a thing for at least mementos. But everything fun now is illegal and everyones uptight about everything.

Hypothetically, at least one AKM and three pistols made it back hidden in humvee nooks and crannies as late as 1999.

Hypothetically.

Depends. When I went, we did an engines running offload from a C-130, and it was game on the moment we stepped off the tailgate of the airplane. When I came home, I got a ride on a C-17 to an AMC base and didn't clear customs or anything. I grabbed a ride to the commercial airport and flew home commercial from there. I could have brought anything home. I didn't though, out of fear of getting caught with something like that.

Depends. When I went, we did an engines running offload from a C-130, and it was game on the moment we stepped off the tailgate of the airplane. When I came home, I got a ride on a C-17 to an AMC base and didn't clear customs or anything. I grabbed a ride to the commercial airport and flew home commercial from there. I could have brought anything home. I didn't though, out of fear of getting caught with something like that.

I was on one of those also and it was also a C-17. Another time was with way more people and it was hold your ankles level of searches.

In the areas I mentioned government, business etc. English is most likely to be spoken and yes statistics can create a false narrative but the population of the world compared to the amount that can speak English fluently or more than some phrases etc. is still on the low side. Yes standards need to be set and after reading the information on the application and Picton's link . I notified and sent him Picton's link. Tell me if a democrat gets in as President do you think it's at all possible that they might use foreign forces? Especially if the National Guard doesn't agree to disarm the citizens. The politicians in CA, NY, NJ, and now VA etc. have demonstrated that they're not rational people so it's good to be aware that this position exists within the UN. How many of us here knew of this position in the UN before I posted this?

I have as much tin foil in my house as the next guy. But if you think for one minute the masses of even Democrats would welcome blue hats into the US, you are delusional. I don't think even New York would stand by and let that happen and the UN is based there.

I have as much tin foil in my house as the next guy. But if you think for one minute the masses of even Democrats would welcome blue hats into the US, you are delusional. I don't think even New York would stand by and let that happen and the UN is based there.

Not to mention: what country on earth would agree to provide the troops? Or have enough of them? And how does a US president “use foreign forces?” What’s the mechanism, either here or for a foreign government? And how does a “US Disarmament” vote pass the security council?

I used to think I was paranoid.

I didnt see any Thompsons over there, I wonder where those came in from? Allied drops to Yugoslavia? We had a shit ton of Albanian quasi SS division gear most of the time.

I never saw the SMGs themselves, just the box of mags. Wax paper wrappings and a 1944 label, IIRC.

I must have inventoried thousands of Mausers and SKSes, and piles of CZ52 pistols. Piles.

Thompsons in Yugoslavia from 1944 makes a lot of sense because that's the year where the UK/US ramped up aid to Tito rather than the Chetniks. The USSR was also giving aid in 44. Previously, the Yugoslavs were using a hodgepodge of Yugoslav, Italian, and German guns.

Doing a Yugoslav partisan loadout is one of my goals. M24, FN 1910/22, the Titovka hat, etc. Force 10 from Navarone.

Another one of my major wants is a Tariq. Some of those came back to the US in 2004-2009. Like a tiny amount and buying one was a shady thing.

Behold:

tariq.jpg

img_7533_1_3.jpg

img_6118_5.jpg

The Tariq is an Iraqi-license produced version of the Beretta 1951. There's not much special about them besides the Middle Eastern Guy Bling factor and the inherent Beretta looks.

I would have zero "use" for one besides being a very "cool" C&R piece.

lol. M1951s are going cheap right now. That, plus a can of gold Krylon... that’s all you really need.

Its a $300 gun with a fake gold medallion on the beat-ass grips. But look at the C&R market for anything with legit NSDAP provenance. Minimum four figures, depending on what it is. I fully admit its an irrational desire for a weird pistol.

[rofl]

Really?

OF COURSE they would. For the same reason they're already welcoming swarms of illegals: they sincerely believe that, at all times, they'll maintain the upper hand and be able to control what they've wrought.

There's been other things we never thought would happen in this country and they have. The majority may not but the radicals most likely would and the majority would most likely let it happen because the end justifies the means.

Back
Top Bottom