• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

UN Hiring Disarmament Officers In New York

Remember: BLUE means INERT...

featured-image-index2016.jpg

Not so well, for them. After all most of those "peacekeepers" perform well against people who are already disarmed. That's when they aren't raping little kids. Which seems to be a UN specialty.

I agree. I mean really.....if they went in to Virginia.

The UN disarming law abiding Americans unconstitutionally would basically be looked at as by EVERYONE ( including the American military) as a foreign invader in American soil.

How do you think that would end?

JFC, English is the international language. You go almost anywhere, people speak English in some capacity compared to Africian Bush People clicks and chirps.
I'd say it's not as international as it used to be. The video is not about the language but a job posting which Picton pointed out was a regular position.

Yeahhhhh. While based in New York, they will be operating in third world crap holes, not the US. They aren't going to be storming into Virginia next month.

Get. A. Grip.
I've got a grip. This is information that was put out and I posted it here for information and knowledge to the group which seems to have caused others to lose a grip. [wink] [smile] Happy New Year!

If the situation in Virginia is any indication... get used to the idea. For-real civil wars (not the little dustup we had here in the 1860s) get NASTY.
Right, but we aren't there. I doubt we will be any time soon. Teaching kids marksmanship and gun safety is wonderful. Training children to take headshots at humanoid targets is psychotic.

New Guy had asked this:
Is there a source who doesn’t look like he’s half asleep/stoned slouched on his sofa wearing an under armor hoodie?

So that was my reply to him. He's got another job and probably puts in many hours so that's why he appears tired.
He also has several autistic children too, I believe....

I've got a grip. This is information that was put out and I posted it here for information and knowledge to the group which seems to have caused others to lose a grip. [wink] [smile] Happy New Year!

lol.

Your “Information and knowledge” was demonstrably false and unnecessarily paranoid. It took me literally two minutes on google to find out your source was dead wrong and, perhaps, intentionally so.

Feel free to swallow everything YouTube tells you, but don’t be surprised if some of us have issues with that stuff being posted as fact.

Amen.

lol.

Your “Information and knowledge” was demonstrably false and unnecessarily paranoid. It took me literally two minutes on google to find out your source was dead wrong and, perhaps, intentionally so.

Feel free to swallow everything YouTube tells you, but don’t be surprised if some of us have issues with that stuff being posted as fact.

Right, but we aren't there. I doubt we will be any time soon. Teaching kids marksmanship and gun safety is wonderful. Training children to take headshots at humanoid targets is psychotic.
I can guarantee those little Russian boys and girls and those little Chinese and North Korean boys and girls are being trained to shoot Americans. Cuban kids as young as 7 are trained to field- strip and reassemble an AK47 blindfolded!

What is your basis for such a claim? Where have you been?
World Population: World population 2020 | Population clock live

Bases have closed in parts of the world so the exposure to English isn't as broad as it used to be. I agree that with regards to governments, business's and well educated populations that English is widespread but it's still a small percentage of the world and now with some-places doing all they can to accommodate other languages with apps etc. the need and or effort to learn English is not what it used to be. I've been to Europe and Asia.

lol.

No the information is not false. The job does exist and he put that information out to inform. I acknowleded your post and I informed him of it. There was a time when if someone mentioned that state governments might use the National Guard against the citizens they'd have been called paranoid but they were used in Louisiana and in VA the Governor has threatened to use them. Nothing paranoid about posting information for people to make their own decisions on.

World Population: World population 2020 | Population clock live

Bases have closed in parts of the world so the exposure to English isn't as broad as it used to be. I agree that with regards to governments, business's and well educated populations that English is widespread but it's still a small percentage of the world and now with some-places doing all they can to accommodate other languages with apps etc. the need and or effort to learn English is not what it used to be. I've been to Europe and Asia.

Using percentages can create a false narrative. We see it all the time in 'firearm' crime stats. How many 'school shootings' are there really every year? How many are gang related? How many are domestic violence that happens to occur at a school? How many actually happened at a school?

The posted job is for the UN, so it makes sense for them to set a standard for their people. English is the international language for aviation. So, unless you want to put together a language school for everyone you hire, you put in the announcement that they have to speak English. You wouldn't say 'just anyone' can apply for a CPA position then set about training them to be a CPA. You'd say in the announcement 'Must be a certified CPA'.

There's enough rabbit hole conspiracies out there that warrant keeping an eye on without completely going off the grid.

I'd say it's not as international as it used to be. The video is not about the language but a job posting which Picton pointed out was a regular position.

English is one of the six official languages for use by the UN- Arabic, Chinese, French, Spanish and Russian are the others. English is the official language of air traffic control world wide.

Of the other UN "official" languages, english would be the one most widely understood and used across national borders due to dominance in scientific use and the prevalence of american entertainment products. It's the "common language" in India and the former english colonies in africa and asia. Chinese and russian aren't used much outside of those nations, arabic is used in a number of countries but mostly in the middle east, it's the language of muslim prayer across a wider area, but not a communication tool. Spanish is effective in south and central america, french is used mainly in the former african french colonies and was the traditional language of international organizations and the olympics.

Odds are if you end up in a country, it'll be easiest to find someone who can communicate in english.

Using percentages can create a false narrative. We see it all the time in 'firearm' crime stats. How many 'school shootings' are there really every year? How many are gang related? How many are domestic violence that happens to occur at a school? How many actually happened at a school?

The posted job is for the UN, so it makes sense for them to set a standard for their people. English is the international language for aviation. So, unless you want to put together a language school for everyone you hire, you put in the announcement that they have to speak English. You wouldn't say 'just anyone' can apply for a CPA position then set about training them to be a CPA. You'd say in the announcement 'Must be a certified CPA'.

There's enough rabbit hole conspiracies out there that warrant keeping an eye on without completely going off the grid.
In the areas I mentioned government, business etc. English is most likely to be spoken and yes statistics can create a false narrative but the population of the world compared to the amount that can speak English fluently or more than some phrases etc. is still on the low side. Yes standards need to be set and after reading the information on the application and Picton's link . I notified and sent him Picton's link. Tell me if a democrat gets in as President do you think it's at all possible that they might use foreign forces? Especially if the National Guard doesn't agree to disarm the citizens. The politicians in CA, NY, NJ, and now VA etc. have demonstrated that they're not rational people so it's good to be aware that this position exists within the UN. How many of us here knew of this position in the UN before I posted this?

English is one of the six official languages for use by the UN- Arabic, Chinese, French, Spanish and Russian are the others. English is the official language of air traffic control world wide.

Of the other UN "official" languages, english would be the one most widely understood and used across national borders due to dominance in scientific use and the prevalence of american entertainment products. It's the "common language" in India and the former english colonies in africa and asia. Chinese and russian aren't used much outside of those nations, arabic is used in a number of countries but mostly in the middle east, it's the language of muslim prayer across a wider area, but not a communication tool. Spanish is effective in south and central america, french is used mainly in the former african french colonies and was the traditional language of international organizations and the olympics.

Odds are if you end up in a country, it'll be easiest to find someone who can communicate in english.
I'd say Spanish is also effective in CA, NY, NJ, MA and some other places too. [wink] [laugh]

How many of us here knew of this position in the UN before I posted this?
How many of us needed to?

It’s the UN version of the Peace Corps. It tries to take people after civil wars and make them figure out how to create and get paying jobs. It’s one of about 20,000 weirdo jobs the UN supports out of their bloated bureaucracy.

Probably not even the worst thing they support, frankly.

How many of us needed to?

It’s the UN version of the Peace Corps. It tries to take people after civil wars and make them figure out how to create and get paying jobs. It’s one of about 20,000 weirdo jobs the UN supports out of their bloated bureaucracy.

Probably not even the worst thing they support, frankly.
Those looking for a job. Anyway Happy New Year to you and yours.

Wow this is cringy,

So when the UN gets a mandate to go attempt to manage some hell hole they have to bring people in with them who specialize in breaking things that go boom-boom. The less of these floating around, the less shit that gets stirred up in the meantime - usually.

Since Wahsben has been white knighting for a guy who literally did not read the job description before he started to make the video - I've head of it. Hell, I've seen them in action in person.
ALL_9618.JPG

people here would die if they saw the shit they were cutting in half on a regular basis. From mint condition MG 42s to cold war era. All of it was super cool and highly collectible. Not anymore! [rofl]

All the shit they collect ends with a guy like this

Wow this is cringy,

So when the UN gets a mandate to go attempt to manage some hell hole they have to bring people in with them who specialize in breaking things that go boom-boom. The less of these floating around, the less shit that gets stirred up in the meantime - usually.

Since Wahsben has been white knighting for a guy who literally did not read the job description before he started to make the video - I've head of it. Hell, I've seen them in action in person.
ALL_9618.JPG

people here would die if they saw the shit they were cutting in half on a regular basis. From mint condition MG 42s to cold war era. All of it was super cool and highly collectible. Not anymore! [rofl]

No joke.

I had to stand there and watch once while an NCO took a sledgehammer to about fifty NOS Thompson gun magazines, sent to Tito’s partisans during WWII and never unpacked.

I know lots of things got smuggled back, but he didn’t feel like he could do that. He was almost crying while he took his swings.

No joke.

I had to stand there and watch once while an NCO took a sledgehammer to about fifty NOS Thompson gun magazines, sent to Tito’s partisans during WWII and never unpacked.

I know lots of things got smuggled back, but he didn’t feel like he could do that. He was almost crying while he took his swings.

I didnt see any Thompsons over there, I wonder where those came in from? Allied drops to Yugoslavia? We had a shit ton of Albanian quasi SS division gear most of the time.

I didnt see any Thompsons over there, I wonder where those came in from? Allied drops to Yugoslavia? We had a shit ton of Albanian quasi SS division gear most of the time.

I never saw the SMGs themselves, just the box of mags. Wax paper wrappings and a 1944 label, IIRC.

I must have inventoried thousands of Mausers and SKSes, and piles of CZ52 pistols. Piles.

Wow this is cringy,

ALL_9618.JPG

Yup. Took everything I had to not trade MREs for AK's, etc.

Back
Top Bottom