• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

UN Global Gun Ban

I posted this same message over on packing.org, but I feel so passionately about the actions that need to be taken I figured I would put it here as well.

I just received my NRA America's 1st Freedom magazine this month. I have been reading about the proposed UN Gun Ban for awhile now and each time it increases my anger. This month they have a review of LaPierre's book "The Global War on Your Guns." Some of the facts in the book are quite disturbing and should be used as rallying cry for U.S. gun owners.

If this gun control crowd has its way our gun ownership rights will be quickly eroded. This post is more of a call to "arms." People who are not a part of the NRA should join and those that are need to keep supporting them. I know people have some philosophical differences with the battles the NRA selects but they are the most powerful organization looking out for us.

If you don't believe me get a copy of the book and at the same time you will be helping the NRA. Just imagine if a gun control candidate like Hillary or Kerry became President and had the balance of power in the House and Senate. The whole US would have restrictions that no one would ever imagine, restrcitions that would make MA look Florida today. Also the magazine had some nice information on Castle Doctrine legislation in the US. No MA was not on the list, here we are supposed to cower in the corner, and let the thief help himself to our belongings.

Here is a link to LaPierre's book

http://www.stopungunban.org/

IrishIron said:
... Also the magazine had some nice information on Castle Doctrine legislation in the US. No MA was not on the list, here we are supposed to cower in the corner, and let the thief help himself to our belongings. ...

Most likely Massachusetts wasn't on their list because that law passed here years ago.

Chapter 231: Section 85U. Death or injury to unlawful dwelling occupants; liability of lawful occupants

Section 85U. No person who is a lawful occupant of a dwelling shall be liable in an action for damages for death or injuries to an unlawful occupant of said dwelling resulting from the acts of said lawful occupant; provided, however, that said lawful occupant was in the dwelling at the time of the occurrence and that he acted in the reasonable belief that the person unlawfully in said lawful dwelling was about to inflict great bodily injury or death upon said occupant or upon another person lawfully in said dwelling, and that said lawful occupant used reasonable means to defend himself or such other person lawfully in said dwelling. There shall not be a duty on said occupant to retreat from such person unlawfully in said dwelling.

and

Chapter 278: Section 8A. Killing or injuring a person unlawfully in a dwelling; defense

Section 8A. In the prosecution of a person who is an occupant of a dwelling charged with killing or injuring one who was unlawfully in said dwelling, it shall be a defense that the occupant was in his dwelling at the time of the offense and that he acted in the reasonable belief that the person unlawfully in said dwelling was about to inflict great bodily injury or death upon said occupant or upon another person lawfully in said dwelling, and that said occupant used reasonable means to defend himself or such other person lawfully in said dwelling. There shall be no duty on said occupant to retreat from such person unlawfully in said dwelling.

Ken

I did not know that existed

From everyone I talk to in MA they tell me that a person has the duty to retreat. Even when I was in my CCW class they specifically said that you are better off retreating to a corner. I was under the assumption that a law such as this did not and would not exist in MA.

Does that include civil charges, or just criminal?

Because of
it shall be a defense

this means that you WILL most likely be charged with murder (or some lesser charge) and you CAN try to defend yourself in court that this exception SHOULD apply to you!

Bottom line is that you will lose a few years of your life, most/all your savings in legal fees, your job, etc. to defend yourself and MAYBE "walk" (most likely literally, because you will have had to sell your car to pay your legal bills) when all is said and done!

So, defending yourself in MA is a risky business!

The first section covers civil liability, while the second covers criminal. While there isn't any legal obligation to retreat, that doesn't mean that it might not be good advice. Even if all the charges and suits are eventually dismissed, you could easily spend enough money defending yourself to buy a new 62" HD set for every room of the house. [angry]

Ken

all which rasies an obviously flawed and purely rhetorical question..

with the imminent financial and legal implosion of your existence looming over ones head, what motivation is there for the legal and morally correct citizen to stay/report his/her righteous self defense shoot?

The law is "supposed" to be on your side to prevent this kind of life rape., but clearly its not..

i know what the correct answer is regardless, but it just seems wrong on so many levels..
I was about to be murdered...i survived,BARELY.. but now "becuase" i survived i must be financially punished.. :/
who knew doing the right thing could be so expensive.

Last edited:
Jaxon said:
Whose to say you didn't "retreat"? Dead men tell no tales.

RJ
Correct... Make sure they can't tell their sob story of how their father left them, mother didn't love them, the government took away their benefits, and they were forced to become a crackhead and steel for their fix!

Adam_MA said:
Correct... Make sure they can't tell their sob story of how their father left them, mother didn't love them, the government took away their benefits, and they were forced to become a crackhead and steel for their fix!

+1

Back
Top Bottom