• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

UMass Student Arrested For Firearms Violations

A Umass Law Student from Texas was arrested yesterday on two charges possession without an FID/LTC and various hangers-on (possession of ammunition, improper storage). Linky

Appeared to have possessed an AK Pistol and a 9mm pistol of some kind I didn't immediately recognize. "High Capacity" magazines are mentioned, but not clear if there's actually an AWB charge in play.

It's not clear exactly what prompted the search; allegations of assault and an outstanding Texas warrant are mentioned.

Standard apologies if this is a duplicate.

No mention of any AWB charge, very interesting.

Mass doesn't have a consistent record with prosecuting violations to the AWB. Things have on occasion been tacked on to existing charges, but not consistently. This is not to say the law isn't in full effect, but they aren't locking innocent people up over nothing as frequently as they probably could be. It is interesting in this case they didn't add to the charges, but that AK and mags also may have been ban compliant.

Mike

Did you read the articles from Texas?! What a bunch of loser's he and his gang are! I hope they hang him out to dry, the man has committed felonies with devices you and I only dream of!

MCFMO Investigators have located additional evidence including items used to start the fire, additional marijuana, numerous guns, body armor, and two explosive weapons (Military Flash Bangs).

Or is that stuff "OK" in Texas?

Last edited:
Being from Texas it probably blew his mind how any of this could be illegal in America.

Years ago a guy from Texas came here to MA to join my company. A few months after he was here, and before I was into firearms at all, he started talking about his collection. He was STUNNED to learn that he needed a license to own them. He just kept them in a cardboard box under his bed at the time, as he had for many, many years in Texas. No sense at all of how many MA laws he was breaking.

He did not work out as an employee and moved back to Texas, guns and all. But that guy could have been in a world of hurt completely by accident if those weapons had been found by law enforcement.

Mass doesn't have a consistent record with prosecuting violations to the AWB. Things have on occasion been tacked on to existing charges, but not consistently. This is not to say the law isn't in full effect, but they aren't locking innocent people up over nothing as frequently as they probably could be. It is interesting in this case they didn't add to the charges, but that AK and mags also may have been ban compliant.

Mike

Mags, maybe. The AK pistol, did they even make those prior to 1994?

Taurus millenium

Hes not too bright for a Law school student 'eh?

How did he get into law school anyway? I had a friend in college get busted for DUI a month before graduation. He was a criminal justice major, and the school refused to give him the degree. (he was allowed to apply credits to an accounting degree though IIRC)

Last edited:
That is rather odd isn't it

No, not really. They probably have enough felonies to hang on the kid without going down that road. AWB charges on the whole, are rare in MA.

ETA: especially in this case..... someone with a large cap firearm of any kind, and large cap feeding devices, with no license = prosecutorial slam dunk lunch meat in MA.

-Mike

Last edited:
No, not really. They probably have enough felonies to hang on the kid without going down that road. AWB charges on the whole, are rare in MA.

ETA: especially in this case..... someone with a large cap firearm of any kind, and large cap feeding devices, with no license = prosecutorial slam dunk lunch meat in MA.

-Mike

Not to mention all of the AWB stuff could get screwed up real easy.

I guess he figured his Texas 'posse' was going to need a lot of legal help, the way they were going.

I wonder if they drew straws to see who would be the one to go to law school.

Back
Top Bottom