UMass Medical students join SAFE call for gun violence prevention

I would think the more shootings, stabbings, trips, falls, flus, ODs, etc the better if I was in the doctoring business.

No, the real money is in things like radiology. That's why they hand out CT scans like candy.

"We think there's a very slight chance you might have cancer, so we're going to give you a massive dose of radiation which has a slight chance of giving you cancer. $1000 please."

I assure you not all docs in mass are like this. Today I heard two other docs at a major hospital (that don't know I'm a gun guy) whispering about Beto's bullshit and how they don't plan on turning anything in. Then they started talking about all their NFA stuff.

I assure you not all docs in mass are like this. Today I heard two other docs at a major hospital (that don't know I'm a gun guy) whispering about Beto's bullshit and how they don't plan on turning anything in. Then they started talking about all their NFA stuff.

Yup, whispering.
While the anti-gunners get front page publicity.

I think more patients die from medical malpractice than from violence involving firearms.
Maybe they should clean up their house before they lobby for more useless laws.

Doctors are literally the 3rd leading cause of death in the US behind cancer and heart failure. Are they going to start protesting themselves first?

… The call to action was led by a network of health care providers across the United States called Scrubs Addressing the Firearms Epidemic, or SAFE. …

Epidemic?

How about SADDE (Scrubs Addressing the Drunk Driving Epidemic)

Or SAMEE (Scrubs Addressing the Medical Errors Epidemic)

Either one will result in far more lives saved.

Wasn't there a song a few years ago about a girl that didn't want no scrub? A scrub is a guy that rides in the passenger seat of his best friend's car or something like that?

When did "Scrub" become a positive term?

How many people die each year from lifestyle-related cardiovascular disease? Maybe the medical community could first figure out how to give their patients nutrition advice that doesn't ultimately kill them. How many patients are unnecessarily prescribed stains when they don't really need them. Between the food and pharmaceutical industry money that flows to doctors and medical societies, it is clear that the medical community's "advice" is open to being programmed by the right dollars.

So what's the plan? Are ER doctors going to start handing out pamphlets about gun safety to gang-bangers who show up in the ER with gunshot wounds? In nearly all of the death categories mentioned in the article, the firearm is the proximate cause of death, not the root cause. Treating the root cause takes real work. It sounds like these little med school turds are really interested in being able to act as judge, jury, and executioner, able to red flag any patient who they "feel" shouldn't have a gun. After all, they are doctors and we mere mortals should bow down to their intellectual and moral superiority. The problem with most of these people is their God-complex and a complete disconnect from any self-awareness of their own limitations.

The call to action was led by a network of health care providers across the United States called Scrubs Addressing the Firearms Epidemic, or SAFE.
It's right in their name. The "epidemic" is not violence or even death. It's "firearms."

UMass Medical students are going to do whatever the faculty tells them to do, propaganda all the way!

They make it seem like the entire student body of the med school participated.....its a few moonbats who took precious free time out of their already limited schedule to feel good about this horseshit. Alot of med students may not be vocal about their opposing views but in private laugh at this stuff just like anyone else.

Not all doctors are the enemy. If one of these loons is your PCP, just tell her to mind her business when she starts trying to preach to you about guns.....or ask her what the shoulder thing that goes up is and, when she admits she doesn't know, tell her to just shut up and check your damn prostate.

I don't mind a quick reminder about locking up guns early on in the PCP relationship, especially if you have a depressed or suicidal family member in the house (remember that alot of parents lack common sense), but that should be the extent of the conversation. These asses have an agenda to convince people to get rid of their guns.....good luck with that.

Doctors are like any other profession IMHO. I follow the 80/20 rule.
20% are great.
80% tossup.
Probably less than 20.
I had a messed up foot for years. Took 5 different foot doctors to finally tell me the problem and how to fix it.
The one that fuxed it was the only doc that xray'd, ultrasound, and MRId it until he was certain what it was.
The others? Sold me orthotics, told me to take am Advil and sent me on my way.

Doctors are like any other profession IMHO. I follow the 80/20 rule.
20% are great.
80% tossup.
Probably less than 20.
I had a messed up foot for years. Took 5 different foot doctors to finally tell me the problem and how to fix it.
The one that fuxed it was the only doc that xray'd, ultrasound, and MRId it until he was certain what it was.
The others? Sold me orthotics, told me to take am Advil and sent me on my way.

10% are great
60% are "just fine" for the most part
~ 15% are terrible, but good enough at taking tests to pass
~15% are truly horrifying and should not even be allowed to practice taxidermy, never mind treating real, human patients.

Maybe that last is more like 25/5, but in that range, anyway.

Doctors are literally the 3rd leading cause of death in the US behind cancer and heart failure. Are they going to start protesting themselves first?
Untrue. Medical errors are. That includes everything from nurses to pharmacy to radiology and everyone in between.

That being said, I can guarantee you that not all physicians are antis. I've had multiple conversations with medical students and residents, most of whom start off pretty anti. At the end of the discussion, they all either said they agree with me or at the very least, can't argue my points. Amazing what happens when you confront someone with logic and facts instead of feelings and fear.

I had a doctor's appointment 3 weeks ago. Prior to seeing the doc, a med tech sat with me, asking me a bunch of questions - one of them was, 'do I feel safe at home?'. No mention of firearms.

I think those questions are invasive and unnecessary, could lead to unwanted BS down the road, so I take the easy route and tell them there are no guns at home and let them move on to the next question

Very interesting. I have two 07FFL tenants here at the mill who are doctors at the same hospital, know each other and are into the NFA stuff. Small world? Jack.

Epidemic?

How about SADDE (Scrubs Addressing the Drunk Driving Epidemic)

Or SAMEE (Scrubs Addressing the Medical Errors Epidemic)

Either one will result in far more lives saved.

Wasn't there a song a few years ago about a girl that didn't want no scrub? A scrub is a guy that rides in the passenger seat of his best friend's car or something like that?

When did "Scrub" become a positive term?

A couple years ago? Literally 20.

We changed it to "Chuck" ("No I don't want no Chuck"). Ironically, after college Chuck came out of the closet, so ladies wouldn't have been getting any of Chuck anyway. We also called him "Sucky Sucky Chucky Chucky" because it rhymed. Oh the irony.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FrLequ6dUdM

A couple years ago? Literally 20.

We changed it to "Chuck" ("No I don't want no Chuck"). Ironically, after college Chuck came out of the closet, so ladies wouldn't have been getting any of Chuck anyway. We also called him "Sucky Sucky Chucky Chucky" because it rhymed. Oh the irony.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FrLequ6dUdM

That's the song.

Apart from a couple of unfortunate choices in coiffure, not a one of those ladies is guilty of so much as a rolling through a stop sign.

Back
Top Bottom