Ultrasonic Cleaners

My ultrasonic cleaner finally died after surprisingly long service, and I'm looking to replace it. Anyone got one they can recommend? I'm looking for a 6-7L unit, heated, large enough for AR BCG's (among other things).

Anyone have any experience with the Hornady Lock-N-Load 7L 110 VT?

Thanks.

Curious - asking for a friend - what do you put into an ultrasonic cleaner?? (Not the gun parts - what's the solution? Water? Water and sum'pin? Water-looking-liquid?)

Curious - asking for a friend - what do you put into an ultrasonic cleaner?? (Not the gun parts - what's the solution? Water? Water and sum'pin? Water-looking-liquid?)
I use water, dawn, lemishine. If it's really greasy I use 2 steps, first simple green purple then followed up with dawn/lemishine.

I bought mine off eBay two years ago, still ticking.

As for cleaner, I use Simple Green Pro (purple). The green will take the finish off many metals and most plastics.

I've been looking at the one rep308 posted. I have a cheap harbor freight one and am not particularly satisfied. Hoping that a nicer one does a better job.

Have people found that it will remove the baked on shit inside the bolt carrier, or am I still going to need to chip that crap off. I just ordered one of the Otis BONE tools because it took me foreeeeeever to clean the SPR the other day.

What about barrels, too? Do they come out clean enough to just oil or are you still running patches through it as well?

respect the power of these cleaners. I started out screwing around cleaning my tools and ended up coloring my pliers a blue green tint with too much simple green. I also cracked a pair of glasses at the hinges.

respect the power of these cleaners. I started out screwing around cleaning my tools and ended up coloring my pliers a blue green tint with too much simple green. I also cracked a pair of glasses at the hinges.

With that being said, do some research before dropping something into one of these. Jewelry in particular can be destroyed in a multitude of ways (glue can be loosened, flaws can magnified, etc.)

I use water, dawn, lemishine. If it's really greasy I use 2 steps, first simple green purple then followed up with dawn/lemishine.
I stopped using dawn on brass because it made them look darker and left a film on them that I didn't like, even after rinsing with cold water. I would use dawn for gun parts to degrease them and soften carbon fouling.

For brass I just use hot water and lemishine. Gets them clean and gives them a little luster.

I have a 2L Hornady and it's okay, but it depends on what you're using it for. Cleaning parts and such? Yeah, can't beat an ultrasonic. Cleaning brass? Ehh... there's better.

Can I put lemishine in the sonic cleaner?

I use the Lyman Turbo Sonic Solution. All the old guys at the range say my 45/70 cases look like they are from the Civil war, because I don't polish them. But, would Lemishine mixed with the Lyman Turbo Sonic Solution work?

I use a Hornady Sonic Cleaner. The Hot setting for the water is awesome, after 15minutes thst water is really hot.

IDK, I'd try it on a few cases and see what the result is. One thing I notice with the Lemishine, at least on brass, not nickel plated, is sometimes there are areas on the brass that turn into a grapefruit color. Doesn't seem to hurt it, but it doesn't look shiny and such.

You don't really need to polish the cases, a dull case still holds the rest of the components and shoots a bullet.

In the future, maybe after my ultrasonic craps out, I'm going to get a wet tumbler with the pins. Everyone I talk to who uses one says it's the best and the results I've seen back it up.

I bought mine off eBay two years ago, still ticking.

As for cleaner, I use Simple Green Pro (purple). The green will take the finish off many metals and most plastics.

Do you happen to know if the Simple Green Pro (purple) is safe for all gun finishes: blued, nickel, parkerized, etc?

Back
Top Bottom