• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Ultimate Glock Meltdown!

I think a sig,hk, beretta could do this as well. I think a 226, the usp, and 92fs could all perform just as well if given FA switches.

Yea... ...but, will it blend.

Seriously, that Glock could even survive a True Detective shootout!

Would a glock 26 or 19 have had a different cycle rate?

Good question. As far as I know, the slides on the 17, 19, and 26 all move the same distance from in-battery to action full open. It could be that only the weight of each slide, and possibly the recoil spring weights would make any difference in cycle rates? Just guessing.

Good question. As far as I know, the slides on the 17, 19, and 26 all move the same distance from in-battery to action full open. It could be that only the weight of each slide, and possibly the recoil spring weights would make any difference in cycle rates? Just guessing.

Weight of the slide has more to do with cycle time then the spring .

I have a G26 gen 3 and a 21 gen 4. The 26 I bought used but in LNIB condition and have put at least 2k+ rounds without a failure. The 21 was unfired and I had a stovepipe on my second mag. Since then, roughly 500 rounds and it's been flawless. I know I am weird but I think they look cool.

Here is what I think happened:

Extreme heat was transferred to the metal trigger pin. The pin got very hot and softened up the surrounding plastic. Then that area go loose and the pin slid out. That is what the shooter said pretty much.

Also like he said:

A Glock will never fail like this in real life since nobody could carry that much ammo for a personal handgun.

A gun more reliable than a Glock will never be found at this time.

Here is what I think happened:

Extreme heat was transferred to the metal trigger pin. The pin got very hot and softened up the surrounding plastic. Then that area go loose and the pin slid out. That is what the shooter said pretty much.

Also like he said:

A Glock will never fail like this in real life since nobody could carry that much ammo for a personal handgun.

A gun more reliable than a Glock will never be found at this time.

Most guns are just as reliable of a glock . I bet a m&p , xd, on allmost any hither striker fired polymer frame would last just as long. Nothing magical about the glock . Leave things lose to prevent jams.

I bet if they used a aftermarket metal frame for the glock it would of ran till the metal expanded so much the firing pin was stuck open . Or froze on the rails .

Most guns are just as reliable of a glock . I bet a m&p , xd, on allmost any hither striker fired polymer frame would last just as long.

I wondered about this too. I assumed though since this is the internet and people are constantly looking for notoriety, someone would have tested/posted results of those other ones. Is it as simple as auto-sears not existing for them maybe? There are many of these torture tests for Glocks, but I've never seen one for the competition.

I wondered about this too. I assumed though since this is the internet and people are constantly looking for notoriety, someone would have tested/posted results of those other ones. Is it as simple as auto-sears not existing for them maybe? There are many of these torture tests for Glocks, but I've never seen one for the competition.

It's very easy to make auto Sears for most striker fired guns. I don't have links for post sample stuff so I don't know if people make sell/ make them like the glock. The glock drop in auto sear is different then the way the glock 18 is.

What do you guys think would have happened if he had just dunked it in the water bucket when it was smoking hot? I know that can't be good for it, but I wonder if it would have ruined it

The barrel may have cracked?

Then again probably not - those barrels are pretty indestructible.

I bet you could find some YouTube videos of metal breaking due to extreme temperatures.

Maybe if you put a blow torch on it and dropped it in a sub zero liquid it might break.

Back
Top Bottom