Ukraine will be fending off a Russian invasion with Mossberg 500's

Freddy B

NES Member
What are shotties gonna do when the Russians are picking you off with dragunovs well out of range?

Close quarter ambushes and/or urban combat? The insurgency that will follow the invasion? Read somewhere we used shotties in Vietnam. Google search turned up this: An Official Journal Of The NRA | Combat Shotguns of the Vietnam War

There isnt going to be much of an insurgency if Russia takes what wants to leave Ukraine. The same way there was zero when Russia took Crimea. Crimea was thrilled to leave Ukraine.

Donetsk and Luhansk don't seem like they want to stick around much either.

This was a challenge. Too big to just copy and past (character limit error), and turning it into a jpg ended up with a dozen individual files. Trying Adobe cloud share: Adobe Acrobat

Close quarter ambushes and/or urban combat? The insurgency that will follow the invasion? Read somewhere we used shotties in Vietnam. Google search turned up this: An Official Journal Of The NRA | Combat Shotguns of the Vietnam War
British troops used shotguns during the Malayan Emergency back in the 1950s and the Rhodesian military used them during the long conflict in that country. I believe some type of hybrid buck-and-ball "jungle load" was the preferred ammunition for both the British and Rhodesian forces.

Just had the mental image of an entire front line of troops racking their shotguns in unison.

The sound of it would make a pretty nice statement, at least.

Unless of course their adversary was about 150 yards away.....in which case that adversary would laugh their asses off.
Idk about you but a volley of 00 Buck from 150 yards from a few hundred troops would be enough to make me keep my head down, buckshot still penetrates about 10" of ballistic gel at that range.

Bunch of pump shotguns wouldn't be the worst choice to arm the masses for urban/guerilla tactics.

Idk about you but a volley of 00 Buck from 150 yards from a few hundred troops would be enough to make me keep my head down, buckshot still penetrates about 10" of ballistic gel at that range.

Bunch of pump shotguns wouldn't be the worst choice to arm the masses for urban/guerilla tactics.
I was operating under the impression that the adversary wasn't standing in the open waiting for the volly. Lol.

I was operating under the impression that the adversary wasn't standing in the open waiting for the volly. Lol.
I mean these are Russian soldiers were talking about, their WW2 tactics involved having a second soldier with a 5rd stripper clip in his hand run behind the first one with armed with a Mosin, so when the first one got shot, the second one could pick up his rifle and load it and keep going lol

Ukraine has plenty of Soviet Era AK's, produces AR15's, AR10's, licensed Tavor copies, and possibly AK's(not sure about those). Why stupid shotguns?

Back
Top Bottom