• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Ukraine to receive 1,000,000 rounds of ammunition from US manufacturer

WTH? [rofl]How the hell is this factory making brass x39 out of nowhere? And what about us little people?? I'm a paying customer, and I can shoot better than they can! šŸ˜­

View: https://youtu.be/-PC0h9dRXj8

Wow way to go AMMO Inc. I see their ammo from various online vendors but never used any of it before.
Funny the reporter shows what looks like a 300 blackout round NOT 7.62x39.

AK 47? What about the 74? This means that ammo has been sitting somewhere. Instead of releasing it to our Country, keep prices up

You severely underestimate the abilities of some companies to tool up and begin production.

Making a million rounds is a drop in the bucket as far as quantity and is not a difficult feat at all for a well established manufacturer.

Lake City as an example can produce more than that amount in about half a day.

Last edited:
Sounds like a lot of ammo, but, do the math....

Killer Instinct; How Many Soldiers Actually Fired Their Weapons in Past Wars & How Has Simulation & Other Training Helped?​

Published January 28, 2018​

During World War II it was estimated that 45,000 rounds of small arms ammunition was fired to kill one enemy soldier. In Vietnam the American military establishment consumed an estimated 50,000 rounds of ammunition for every enemy killed. Small arms ammunition includes the ammunition used by the sidearm, assault rifle, rifle and heavy machines. Currently in the US inventory it would be 9 x19mm, 5.56 x 45mm, 7.62 x 51 mm and 12.7 x 99 mm. Pistol through the venerable ā€˜Ma Deuceā€™, M2 50 caliber Browning Heavy Machine gun. You could probably perhaps include the 40mm grenade launcher too.

Killer Instinct; How Many Soldiers Actually Fired Their Weapons in Past Wars & How Has Simulation & Other Training Helped?​

During World War II it was estimated that 45,000 rounds of small arms ammunition was fired to kill one enemy soldier. In Vietnam the American military establishment consumed an estimated 50,000 rounds of ammunition for every enemy killed. Small arms ammunition includes the ammunition used by the sidearm, assault rifle, rifle and heavy machines. Currently in the US inventory it would be 9 x19mm, 5.56 x 45mm, 7.62 x 51 mm and 12.7 x 99 mm. Pistol through the venerable ā€˜Ma Deuceā€™, M2 50 caliber Browning Heavy Machine gun. You could probably perhaps include the 40mm grenade launcher too.
So, based on the Vietnam number, a million rounds is only enough to kill 20 enemy combatants. Theyā€™d need almost a billion rounds to kill 10% of the reported 190,000 attackers.:eek:

So, based on the Vietnam number, a million rounds is only enough to kill 20 enemy combatants. Theyā€™d need almost a billion rounds to kill 10% of the reported 190,000 attackers.:eek:
Well, Spray and Pray seems to be the operative tactic. [laugh]

That said, if Ivan is shooting at me (works for either side, in this case....convenient!), I'll just stick my PPSh around the corner, and let it rip, rather than playing bullet sponge.

Killer Instinct; How Many NES Members Actually Fired Their Weapons in Past Car Shoots & How Has Simulation & Other Training Helped?​

In Monadnock the American North East Shooters consumed an estimated 50,000 rounds of ammunition for every Porsche destroyed.

FIFY

Back
Top Bottom