UK: Lancashire Police Turn in Your Knives

Lancashire Police

Save a Life – Surrender Your Knife

We have joined forces with the ground-breaking national anti-knife crime campaign ‘Save a Life, Surrender Your Knife’, as the force’s knife amnesty comes to an end.

Since the amnesty began at the end of August, more than 800 knives have been handed in across the county – including swords, machetes and commando knives. The amnesty was extended for a further week owing to its success.

Lancashire officers have now given their backing to a national initiative designed to raise awareness of knife crime and encourage the surrender of dangerous weapons.

The British Ironwork Centre, which is coordinating the project, intends to use the collected knives to create a 20 feet high guardian angel sculpture in memory of those whose lives have so tragically been lost.

Despite the amnesty ending this week, police say people can continue to hand in any knife at any police station with a front counter as well being able to drop them into the designated bins.

Police are looking to keep the bins and extend the number of locations to include job centres, community centres and leisure centres.

The “Save a Life, Surrender your Knife” campaign is creating and providing bespoke knife collection bins to be located in the cities around the UK.

Detective Chief Inspector Steve Dowson said: “We are keen to raise awareness of the devastating impact of knife crime and to reduce the number of families affected so we have decided to keep the knife bins indefinitely.

"While projects encouraging the surrender of knives are not a single solution to violence, they have an important role to play in inspiring communities to get behind education and preventative measures.

"Such campaigns show a desire to address local concerns and Lancashire Police is keen to throw our weight behind them in support.

“We’ve been delighted with the response so far, but our communities have told us that they want an end to knife crime and that they want to work with us to make that happen."

The charity project is already gaining huge momentum, receiving the backing of growing number of families whose lives have been tragically affected by knife crime, and of Terry Waite during his recent visit to the Centre.

more

Are Your children not listening? are your children running crazing in the street? well turn them in! yes sir " WE " will take your children off you're hands! no more worries! no more dealing with angry outbursts! " Turn your children in " act now and receive a free roll of bubble wrap to protect you and yours at all times!

ACT NOW!

ShintaroKago_Meatgrinder.gif

Their fear of knives is about on par with America's fear of guns. The pessimist in me sees this as foreshadowing.

I'd be tempted to dump old eggs, wet concrete or fish into those knife collection bins.

I pointed out to someone the other day that I could make a perfectly functional shotgun with parts from home depot. The response I got was "But you still need bullets!", so I pointed out that I could always build a 100lb draw crossbow with parts from home depot for less than $10... "But criminals aren't that smart!". Finally I pointed out that even if knives are banned, a simple metal file can turn anything into a stabbing weapon.

Her response?
"Well than what's the solution, we ban Home Depot?"

This knife will also get you jail time in New York City if it can be flicked open by Officer Friendly. Easy score for the quota.

In a country where carrying this knife is illegal, this is unsurprising. Still ungodly sad and pathetic.

ladybug-h1-clsd-hand.jpg

I love how they had to take that picture to make the knife look bigger since it is such a tiny harmless looking blade otherwise. Also they show the knife stored open in the pocket to make it seem dangerous. This is what you get when you buy the security narrative hook, line, and sinker.

1. Universal suffrage.
2. Wait 100 years.
3. Feminized security state.

I pointed out to someone the other day that I could make a perfectly functional shotgun with parts from home depot. The response I got was "But you still need bullets!", so I pointed out that I could always build a 100lb draw crossbow with parts from home depot for less than $10... "But criminals aren't that smart!". Finally I pointed out that even if knives are banned, a simple metal file can turn anything into a stabbing weapon.

Her response?

To people like that there isn't a problem in the world that can't be fixed with more laws, more government. Unfortunately "people like that" might outnumber "people like us" these days. We're in big trouble.

Next up: Pointy Sticks.

Followed by small rocks. [puke]

Good grief.

Her response?

banned.gif

Their fear of knives is about on par with America's fear of guns. The pessimist in me sees this as foreshadowing.

I'd be tempted to dump old eggs, wet concrete or fish into those knife collection bins.

you're right, the UK is just ahead of us. It started with an irrational fear of guns there too. Once the guns were gone, then the knives. Same will happen here if we don't stand firm.

Those subjects groom up so nicely. They totally deserve their Dihmitude. I almost wish we had let the Nazis keep England after I found out about them destroying the firearms my family donated for their freedom.

you're right, the UK is just ahead of us. It started with an irrational fear of guns there too. Once the guns were gone, then the knives. Same will happen here if we don't stand firm.

We ARE standing firm. The politicians who are supposed to be representing us however, seem to have rapidly-dissolving spines.

I've read that sharpened bicycle spokes are popular in South Africa.

You shitting me, I cannot wait to have this here in my town. Knife buy backs....saaawwweeeeetttt.

i will go to Costco, buy 1000 plastic knives for 2 dollars and trade them in all day. If I can get $10 per knife I could make enough money to buy most of the guns on my bucket list.

The police there are too busy trying to not offend foreign pedophiles for gang raping children with insensitive investigations, much less prosecutions, so the police instead focus on arresting grandma for having steak knives in her family's fine antique silverware service.

The UK and the British people have gone from the world's grandest empire to a ****ing joke within a single lifetime.

I think a van full of ISIS could take down the whole UK now, sad, very sad. I have a buddy that lives over there and says it actually much worse than we hear about.

Back
Top Bottom