• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Uh Oh

ToddDubya

NES Member
Well, I finally got around to doing my taxes. Sometimes things that look good on the outside turn out to be bad. In this case, I'm afraid I might be in some trouble. It looks like my wallet is going to be a few grand heavier pretty soon [smile] which will likely mean more mouths to feed [shocked].

Mustn't... look... at... classifieds...

Anyone else taking their return straight to the local shop? Wait, allow me to rephrase. What's everyone getting with their return?

I guess I forgot to mention what's on my list...

In no particular order:

12 gauge shotgun
10/22
Pistol bigger than my SR9c
Ammo
Cabinet for the long guns

I like doing my taxes as soon as possible, so mine came and went in February, it arrived in the from of a Ruger SR9

Yeah, I had mine the first week of February. Had to be responsible and get new shoes for my jeep.

Hope the FED's will enjoy my little early holiday (donation) present this year. That'll teach me to dip into the old IRA too soon. I'll have to put some back into a new IRA so at least the bill will be about $950 less.

Hope the FED's will enjoy my little early holiday (donation) present this year. That'll teach me to dip into the old IRA too soon. I'll have to put some back into a new IRA so at least the bill will be about $950 less.

That sounds awful. You should treat yourself to something nice [wink]

Here's where a portion of my return went:

81e4b1f0.jpg

And the rest went towards my other project:

f5dfca60.jpg

A Saiga AK conversion in 7.62x39 with a few mods here and there, followed by tubular front upper & lower control arms, power disc brake conversion, steering linkage, & sway bar install on my Cutlass. I love tax time:)

If you get a lot back it means you are letting them use too much of your money.

True....or it could mean your fiancé only works a few days a week and you have a couple children to claim as dependants. U'd be surprised how generous Uncle Sam can be!!

If u DON'T get a lot back it means u are making too much and don't need anymore!!! LOL

Last edited:
I never get any money back. But I choose to set it up that way. I pay about a grand to uncle Sam and get back about $350 from Deval.

mine went into the savings for something big coming up, not gun related and cant post it in public. but dont worry, its not illegal lol

My return went towards parts for my Mustang restoration. I still have my Kahr K40 in the classifieds if anyone wants to help me get closer to completing all the parts for the restoration. :)

If you get a lot back it means you are letting them use too much of your money.

I agree. I have always gotten a large return so a few years ago I started claiming the most dependents you can claim without actually having any. I stick the difference into the bank and let it build interest. Then come tax time I claim 0 on my taxes but still get a decent return so I add that to my savings account. On 4/15 I call that savings account my return even though most of it I've had all along.

List adder: I've also got a hankering for a Walther PPK. I've never held one, but I find them to be very sexy guns.

Had a large return this past year due to a few reasons, including a new dependant and not selling stock. Haven't decided to spend it on anything yet.

Yes, keep in mind that a positive tax return is a zero intrest loan paid to the federal government over the full year. If you're just putting it in a savings account that's yielding 1% intrest, you haven't lost out on much about $5 per thousand of your return. If you can get a higher return on those tax savings (and not just spend it because its in your pocket) add an exception to this years W4 for every $3200 of your tax return - it'll put an extra $61.50 in your pocket each week, spending your return out over the full year.

If you'd just spend it on weekly expenses (range time, ammo, coffee, groceries, etc) might be a good idea to let Uncle Sam hold onto the money for you - forced savings for those without the discipline to save themselves.

If you haven't filed your taxes yet - keep in mind that you can still put money into an IRA (if you haven't yet) and claim it on your 2011 return.

yah, filed earliest ever this year (before end of Jan). Both cars got new sneaks and front end work (sigh). BUT...two custom 300 Blackout builds are in progress [smile]

Filed mine in January and after buying a cruise for the wife, put a new front end on my Ram, I was able to sneak away enough to grab a WWII dated FN Browning M1935 Hi-Power. Now my Canadian Inglis finally has its long lost European brother back at home. If only my return would have allowed me to be able to (find) and afford the matching stock for it!

Back
Top Bottom