1. If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

2. Dismiss Notice

Ugh, this idiot lives on my street.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by GaryO, Apr 7, 2019.

1. new guy

new guy NES Member

This dude hates his own penis, and the selfish bitch wants his sons to hate theirs too.

buckfarack, arlow and robjax like this.

2. commodon

commodon NES Member

Sorry to read of the physical pain you've experienced, but being unfamiliar with what a pipefitter does, what is it about this line of work that wreaks that much physical damage to one's body?

3. Scott7980

Scott7980 NES Member

work that you don’t sit in a chair to do

4. commodon

commodon NES Member

I had to look up the term myself and glad to have read it's a bit more than that. ;)

Terry Kupers defines toxic masculinity as "the constellation of socially regressive male traits that serve to foster domination, the devaluation of women, homophobia and wanton violence". ... Bullying of boys by their peers and domestic violence experienced by boys at home can also be expressions of toxic masculinity.

5. Scott7980

Scott7980 NES Member

As my father was slamming me into the ground I was yelling at him tough guy you think your tuff. Was that toxic masculinity

enbloc likes this.
  6. commodon

commodon NES Member

While that could be true, I am curious if there is something more to the job in comparison to others.

7. jmh992003

jmh992003

The issue I have is they’re applying socially unacceptable behavior, and insinuating it’s only male behavior. When in fact women and any of the other 200 now genders can act the exact same way. This is just crappy behavior period and it’s not only men that do it, but they’d rather just attack all men therefore thinking they’ve solved the problem. Sound familiar with the “sensible gun law crowd”

buckfarack, drgrant and commodon like this.
  8. robjax

robjax NES Member

This guy is totally effed. If my wife said half the crap his said to him we would be divorced. And as far as every dad telling their boys to stop throwing like a girl; I told my daughters the same thing. I taught them and my wife how to throw a baseball, softball, football, dodgeball and, basketball. And do you know the sports my daughters do now? Basketball, soccer, track and competitive dance. Oh, and by the way, check out the girls softball on tv.....they do not throw like girls. Otherwise they would not be on tv.

"It's every dad of a boy ... who says, 'Hey, stop throwing like a girl.'"

MarlboroughMan and commodon like this.
  9. Lank

Lank NES Member

And of course the author finds a way to Trump bash.

MAGA! I hope he is triggered.

10. commodon

commodon NES Member

Agreed! Similar to the Gillette commercial making over the top assertions for the entire male population. Curious, I wonder how that worked out for them?

11. allen-1

allen-1 NES Member

So, my friend Caleb was tossing a foot ball with his daughter Ariana last week on their front yard. She was pushing the ball, kinda tossing it like a shot put, aka "throwing it like a girl". So, being the ahole that I am, I told them that the problem is that he throws like a girl, so he's teaching her to throw like a girl. I'm really being an Ahole because he played ball in high school, he can throw a foot ball better than I can - but that's what friends are for. To be fair to Cal, it's trickier for him to show her because he's left-handed and his daughter's right-handed. So I showed her how to bring her elbow back, how to lead a little with her left foot and left hand, and throw with her whole body rather than just push it.

Followup is that we had a bunch of people over this weekend, burgers, chicken, etc, and Cal couldn't make it, but his wife and girls were there and Ariana said that she got compliments on how well she threw the ball at her last gym class.

He's recently out of the Army, has four young daughters, and I've seen him with nail polish on his toes. I remember letting my daughter put ribbons in my hair and paint my nails. It's just part of being a dad.

drgelinas, bfm, robjax and 3 others like this.
  12. The5thDentist

The5thDentist NES Life Member NES Member

NAAAaaa. They'll probably be Nazis to rebel against him. He's leaving them no other option.

ETA

FB_IMG_1552695539068.jpg

13. drgrant

drgrant Moderator NES Member

The irony of the thing is women are often the biggest enablers of the shit the toxic masculinity crowd complains about..

14. slap shot

slap shot NES Member

Wait, why was the kid sitting in the street? Suicide by traffic cuz dad's a big PITA?

namedpipes, mgrick02 and Jason Flare like this.
  15. The5thDentist

The5thDentist NES Life Member NES Member

"Dirtbags are more exciting and nice guys are boring."

Quote from one of my classmates in dental school.

mibro likes this.
  16. SpaceCritter

SpaceCritter NES Member

Why Do Women Fall for Bad Boys?

17. highlander

highlander

Raised in the 50s was taught respect to elders,answer politely,be curtious to both men and woman. I hold doors for men and women offer an arm to some of the elderly ladies at my church should they look like they need help getting to a seat. I tell people that chivalry isn't dead just wounded. Kids go thru phases some may seem a bit odd,boys painting finger and toenails most grow out of it so I don't see the harm but sitting in the middle of a street that requires immediate correction.

18. Roadglide

Roadglide NES Member

I stopped reading when he said his wife called his uncomfortableness idiotic and hypocritical when the guy was upset about his kid wearing pink socks. All I needed to know. That dog had his nuts clipped and has his leash yanked every time SHE disagrees.

19. Scott7980

Scott7980 NES Member

Respect for elders! Some of the most disrespectful people I have ever met have been my elders.
    Treat people how you want to be treated and you are walked over. Treat people how they treat you and your an ass.
    Old is not an excuse or a free ride

tuna and The5thDentist like this.
  20. mibro

mibro NES Member

I think that kind of discussion is okay in private. Very early on in my marriage when I could see it coming I quietly told my wife if she ever talked down to me in public or in front of a stranger she'd find herself sitting on her ass and then divorced. She's been quite respectful in public ever since, at least when I'm around. That's not really much to ask after all, a wife should at least pretend to respect her husband in public. :)

Jason Flare and The5thDentist like this.
  21. Dennis in MA

Dennis in MA NES Member

Oh gosh. Toxic Masculinity. Really?? I was listening to a podcast on the Jack the Ripper murders. They use "sex worker" instead of prostitute, hooker or whore. HUH???? These women weren't in Ms. Smith's English class, "I'm going to work at the clothiers." "I'm going to be a nurse." "I've decided to become a sex worker."

Please! Two (3?) of the women were "sex workers" because of chronic alcoholism that broke up their families. Women with husbands and kids that left in order to drink themselves into oblivion, not to make a better life for themselves.

Toxic Masculinity is the same thing. Dad doesn't care. He cares about HIS feelings, not his kids'. We all make mistakes in our parenting trying to right the "wrongs" our parents did to us. Same with this guy. Instead of being a good parent, he's being an extreme parent. The odds are pretty good that it won't end well for the boys.

22. Chevy 2 65

Chevy 2 65 NES Member

23. Roadglide

Roadglide NES Member

Yes. Everyone has their own way of parenting. I don’t have kids but if I did I’d probably raise them like I was (boys of course.) I was raised with a heavy hand literally and figuratively by both parents. I was taught to act like a man but to be respectful of others while doing so. Worked out well for the most part. When I first met my wife she was a bit of a left leaning hippy. Opposites do attract I guess. She is more of a moderate now after being with me and I’m fine with that. She goes off the reservation every once and a while and I politely remind her of the unintended consequences of her way of thinking. Gently coax her back to the middle and all is well. The reason that works for me is for a lot of reasons but the big one is I addressed that shit early on and laid down the rules. We allow each other a certain amount of leeway but if she ever went moonbatshit crazy and started wearing pussy hats......game over. Find another guy to beat down.

GaryO and mibro like this.
  24. JackOfAllTrades

JackOfAllTrades

Exactly.

It isn't "Toxic Masculinity" it is just toxic.

It doesn't matter what gender you are, or consider yourself, or want to be, if you bully people, devalue others, and/or are violent, you are just toxic.

Maybe it is just me, but when we start wrapping an issue with modifiers we lose sight of the actual issue.

It isn't gun violence or knife crime it is just violence and crime. The tools used don't matter. What matters is the person committing the action.

drgrant likes this.
  25. GaryO

GaryO NES Member

Using pipe wrenches caused carpal tunnel syndrome and cubital nerve damage. The spine was an accident on the job.

26. Win

Win NES Member

It amazes me that in the last 20 or so years so many people have completely disregarded the teachings of all of the generations that came before them. It's mind mindbogglingly presumptuous.

Energizer, scaler1967 and mibro like this.
  27. Mark L

Mark L

One of my sons was an avid skateboarder in his teens. He took up snowboarding in high school, and made some beer money through college as an instructor during breaks. He graduated last year with a BS in Exercise Science, and has to leave the house at 5 AM to get to the place where he coaches. He never really wanted to paint my nails ...

Did i hit enough of the points in this thread ;-)

Howland likes this.
  28. AHM

AHM NES Member

Yep, I flashed on ^This.

One of the stupider habits people have on the slopes is when they wipe out,
    totally uninjured (but maybe a yard sale), they don't saddle right up,
    and get off the trail if they need a breather.

Instead, they act like Finger Smelling Chimp -
    "oh look at me, I fell down skiing,
    I'ma just rest here for a few minutes".
    It's all fun and games until someone crests the rise
    and plows into them at 30MPH.
    =====
    A few years ago, The Bride and I were taking some back roads through Dunstable
    (probably headed to the Mile Away in Milford),
    when we came upon a pile of bicycles and 3-4 youts
    sprawled in the middle of the road

I pulled over, set the blinkers, got out,
    and asked if they needed an ambulance.
    Suddenly panicked looks all around.
    Because they were all thinking, "oh, was it wrong for us
    to sit in the middle of the road to shoot the breeze?
    Should we not have done that?".

Dumbasses.

Howland likes this.
  29. Scott7980

Scott7980 NES Member

Lots of money spent on them outfits, and if nobody sees you it’s like you never had it on

30. evalance

evalance NES Member

3k college in Holland need 44k left on a 449k house , age 28. But hey applaud those idiots falling for the one dime down/ 350 a week 30 k for a car idiots . People are easily manipulated and alot of them are just plain stupid so that's why they're in debt . I got ass whooped by my mom the African way naked cold shower then whooped by a string, good ol times :).
    I came out pretty good have a daughter now where I will be pretty stringent on her what standards should be. We were all young once made some stupid mistakes with girls too but settled down now married not even looking at other girls. Dont really care that other people do with their kids just leave mine the f*** out of it with their mental liberal disease , because that's what it is . I have been all over the world but my God leftist liberals are the most sickest, dumbest people I have ever had the displeasure to meet and haven't found a single one yet since 2014 that can have reasonable discussion with. Time is now gents to fight for our freedom and rights before the loonies get control again