U.S. drone carrying Glocks intercepted after flying into southwestern Ontario: Stuck in Tree - green / red light flashing?

Reptile

NES Member

U.S. drone carrying guns intercepted after flying into southwestern Ontario​

A bag containing 11 handguns was attached to the drone, which was stuck in a tree

Provincial police are investigating after officers say they found a drone carrying a bag filled with several handguns in Lambton County – a device they believe was flown into Canada from the U.S.

Impressive, it can carry 11 handguns at once? My old DJI could probably lift one, but 11? Nope.
Well, apparently not as impressive as anticipated as it got stuck in a tree somewhere, presumably short of the target destination.

Wake me up when people can attach a Glock to a drone, acquire a target and fire on it. Yup, I’ll have to get me a few of those babies!!

Well, apparently not as impressive as anticipated as it got stuck in a tree somewhere, presumably short of the target destination.

Wake me up when people can attach a Glock to a drone, acquire a target and fire on it. Yup, I’ll have to get me a few of those babies!!

View: https://youtu.be/MBBC-xL_MTg

This is why practice is important. Attach a test load that weighs 11 guns and make sure you have no trouble flying it around first. Unless it suddenly failed, getting it stuck in a tree in inexcusable. These drones go far higher than a tree and would need to for this purpose to avoid being easily seen.

Disclaimer: Don't fly drones across the border! Discussion for entertainment purposes only.

These drones go far higher than a tree and would need to for this purpose to avoid being easily seen.
Seen by who?

The primary risk to smugglers is appearing on radar -
not some stupid civilian dropping a dime on a Magic Sky Bag.

Of course if the drone is sending back video
(as opposed to autopiloting by GPS),
the video feed signal is the real Kick Me sign on the back.

The primary risk to smugglers is appearing on radar -
not some stupid civilian dropping a dime on a Magic Sky Bag.
Although; smuggling will be a lot less riskier once
cargo drones are seen so often you don't even notice them.
bXGdhO.gif

I kinda fail to see the merit in this... like throw the drone up scan for border patrol

Place guns near the border...either side really

Then direct the person to the guns. If you dont want to f2f

Idk maybe Im old school but i feel like thats a better approach than flying a drone to deliver

Place guns near the border...either side really

Then direct the person to the guns. If you dont want to f2f
CBP is rumored to have more sensors in the vicinity of the border
than people appreciate. And the kind of field testing one would do
to see if traveling around an area provokes a response
is precisely the kind of thing that attracts attention as a "pattern"
and increases surveillance if they do have even crude sensors.

Ah, here we go...

Ah, here we go...

The more you know i guess

The more you know i guess
200.gif

I wouldn't have suspected it if I hadn't tripped over some (pre-9/11?) anecdote
about someone in Vermont going down a deserted dirt road
that headed towards the border,
U-turning,
and finding Border Patrol waiting for them, tapping their feet, back at the T.

So long ago, the best explanation I had was some farm wife
being on retainer with a red phone to the nearest office.
"Strange car just passed./Got it, thanks<click>".
Almost like the rural equivalent of Del Floria's Tailor Shop.

(Maybe the road amped up with some Ho Chih Minh Trail traffic sensor tech).

Ah, here we go...

Thats been the rumor for years but I havent seen any good evidence of a big system out in the sticks. How is it powered? How is it communicating? what is it tracking? etc. I've read a few really well written blogs/photoblogs of the northern boarder and they all mention surveillance (or the suspicion of it being all over) yet dont post any proof or evidence. Its all hunches it seems.

Likely they flew it out of range, maybe even half intentionally - ie receiving party stands by, witnesses drone, whether it goes down or lands its just a pon in the game. If the coast is clear they pickup package, this time the coast wasn't clear and they bounced. Person on the other end probably just heads for a target, may have been totally by sight and manual - get as close as you can, if it goes down on the course so be it, basically is a straight line. Similarly they just bounced.

Radar - eh, I have confused a seagull for a small boat on radar. Yes you ought to be able to distinguish that but a drone, still is bird sized, mostly plastic, may slip by and not set off alarms.

I bet in Canada that's 11k+ in guns - they don't have guns like we do, a Glock, especially a cold one, is probably very hard to come by, maybe 30k in guns no idea. One drone per drop, no biggie.

Thats been the rumor for years but I havent seen any good evidence of a big system out in the sticks. How is it powered? How is it communicating? what is it tracking? etc. I've read a few really well written blogs/photoblogs of the northern boarder and they all mention surveillance (or the suspicion of it being all over) yet dont post any proof or evidence. Its all hunches it seems.
There is very little.

I bet you walk 20 to 30 miles into the woods and can walk from one country to the other easy.

Back
Top Bottom