• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

U.S. can't force people to buy stuff...

This is going to make it all the way up to the Supreme Court. Let's hope and pray that Obama doesn't get the opportunity to appoint any more progressive ideologues.

? you dont think the idiots posting comments on that article are part of the reason the country is in the shitter? did you read any of them?

Don't get lost in the comments posted to these links.I don't bother with them. It's the truth where the real problem lies. We are trying to pretend that someone will be able to pay for all this in the future . So as long as a majority of our fellow citizens continue with their heads in the sand , it will keep on keeping on.

Don't get lost in the comments posted to these links.I don't bother with them. It's the truth where the real problem lies. We are trying to pretend that someone will be able to pay for all this in the future . So as long as a majority of our fellow citizens continue with their heads in the sand , it will keep on keeping on.

The idiots vote the other idiots in. That is the real problem. Mass is a prefect example of this.

The idiots vote the other idiots in. That is the real problem. Mass is a prefect example of this.

The Idiots vote the other Idiots in, because the voted-in ones give the voters what they want.

From that point of view, it's a good move. In a broader view, it's not. But if you're getting the Free cell phone, and you'll get the free airtime if the "right" person gets in in the next election, the "smart" vote is for the Idiot.

And "someone else" gets to pay.

The media and the people respond to who can present themselves as a "serious" candidate which, in other words, means that they have raised a ton of money. The problem is that to raise all that money politicians have to sell their soul to corporate, private, and social interests. They don't vote based on whats best for the country or for their constituents, they vote based on WHO LINED THEIR POCKETS.

If anyone thinks that their chosen political party is immune to this phenomenon then I'm afraid they have a lot more in common with the drooling brain dead masses than they would like to think. Money, money, money, money, money. That's what rules this country. It rules the media, it rules the political system, it rules everything. Right or wrong or good or bad or moral or evil has no place in mainstream politics in 21st century America.

The two most awesome examples of what our political system does to people are Mitt Romney and John McCain. Both respectable, reasonably principled, politicians who even I, as a Libertarian, respected on a lot of levels. The MOMENT that both of those guys decided to run for president they sold out everything they believed in, all common sense, all principles. They moved into step with the party (read: the money) and abandoned everything that they stood on principle for. In the United States you don't get to sit in The Big Chair unless you are just as corrupt as everyone else who sits in it.

Back
Top Bottom