• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

U.S. Air Marshal Left Loaded Gun in an Airplane Bathroom

This only thing that makes this method not the best option is if you're in a public bathroom stall and anyone walking by can see your feet/ankles underneath the stall walls.

I never worry about people crawling on the floor to see what people have or don't have when in a public bathroom. And there are ways to keep it holstered and not really visible. People fret too much about this instead of using common sense.

Situations like these are the reason why Trump won the election!

People wanted back our individual rights.

Less preferred treatment to the elitist and more for the average citizen.

I'm wondering why a belt holster and not a shoulder rig. This isn't someone who happens to be sitting down, they are assigned to a plane where they should be thinking about how they may need to access their weapon. It's much easier to get to a shoulder holster than a belt when you're sitting in some crappy airline seat, they would be wearing something to cover it anyway, and a good shoulder rig is easily hidden. So the failure started before they even got on the plane. And it solves the whole bathroom issue.

[tinfoil]Could the new hire be a mole doing a dry run on getting a weapon on the plane. "Accidentally" leave it in the restroom to be picked up by an accomplice.[pot][devil]

I'm interested in the story of the passenger being charged with a litany on federal crimes for touching her gun.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

If an NES person found it, i suppose the question would be "would it be field stripped or detail stripped before being returned?"

This only thing that makes this method not the best option is if you're in a public bathroom stall and anyone walking by can see your feet/ankles underneath the stall walls.

If people are peeking under stalls and see my gun, I'm not too worried they're going to spread a panic about a man with a gun taking dump that they noticed while looking underneath the stalls.

- - - Updated - - -

That's the same group of weirdos that doesn't use their fly and drop their pants at the urinal like giant toddlers.

maybe I live a sheltered life, but is this a thing?

Whenever we have a UA at work, it is almost a 100% thing.

Refasten your belt around your knees and this will hold the gun (and pants) off the floor.

Also, unless someone is a diddler/pervert weirdo, they're not going to see your gun from outside the stall.

-Mike

This month’s incident could provide ammunition to congressional critics of the air marshal program, who say that it is wasteful and unnecessary. The program accounts for about 10 percent of the T.S.A.’s budget, costing nearly $1 billion per year. Critics say it is unclear that the program has actually deterred a terrorist attack.

I agree. The rest of us should be allowed to carry on planes.

As to the shitting in public debate, it's pretty easy to keep your pants around your upper shins when on the throne. Drop your trousers to just below your knee, sit down while holding them there, and spread knees apart. Pistol stays in its holster, out of sight of prying eyes beneath the stall, your pants stay dry, and you don't forget anything.

I can't believe I just had to explain that.

... If I found that gun under this circumstance, I would have quietly called over a flight attendant, ID'd myself and ask her to have the FAM come over to talk with me (without telling exactly why). It might save a career and avoid terrible embarrassment and if it wasn't a LEO's gun, it would then be in the proper hands.

Have our expectations sunk so low that the marshal doesn't deserve whatever's coming to them?

If an NES person found it, i suppose the question would be "would it be field stripped or detail stripped before being returned?"

Imagine the range quals after the NES person ``borrows'' the firing pin:
click...click...clickCLICKCLICK.

Refasten your belt around your knees and this will hold the gun (and pants) off the floor.

Also, unless someone is a diddler/pervert weirdo, they're not going to see your gun from outside the stall.

Ask not whether diddler/pervert weirdos can see NESers' guns from outside the stall.
(Ask whether they can see NESers' pistols).

If I found that gun under this circumstance, I would have quietly called over a flight attendant, ID'd myself and ask her to have the FAM come over to talk with me (without telling exactly why). It might save a career and avoid terrible embarrassment and if it wasn't a LEO's gun, it would then be in the proper hands.

If you went to a flight attendant and asked them to out the FAM without saying why, you would instantly become a threat. Unless you know who the FAM is (they often aren't that hard to identify if you pay attention), then just let the flight attendant know and let the chips fall as they may.

If I found that gun under this circumstance, I would have quietly called over a flight attendant, ID'd myself and ask her to have the FAM come over to talk with me (without telling exactly why).
The identity of the FAMs on a flight is classified info and will not be disclosed to you.

I would start to get really worried if the gun was not a Sig .357 or .40. If it was a .40, I'd ask if I could talk to a pilot (.357 for FMSs, 40s for FFDOs the last I checked).
Compare the estimated breakage of a few decades of civilian carry on planes to the destruction of 9/11 and I'll bet you will find it would be a historical net positive.

Last edited:
OMG, that would have been too funny.
Flush her pistol down the toilet.
Because you know.. gunz are bad..

Then when she arrives home and goes to put her pistol on her night stand...Oh, crap..
Yep, and it's been flushed off the plane during the waste tank draining..[smile]

If you went to a flight attendant and asked them to out the FAM without saying why, you would instantly become a threat. Unless you know who the FAM is (they often aren't that hard to identify if you pay attention), then just let the flight attendant know and let the chips fall as they may.

Yeah, I was thinking that.
Although...

OMG, that would have been too funny.
Flush her pistol down the toilet. ...

...if it sounds like the gun's been flushed,
there's one way to identify the marshal
without making the mistake of asking cabin crew to out them.

The air marshal will be the passenger with the blue arm.
bbbb2b17715f60a61217a14bd3c85739.jpg

As to the shitting in public debate, it's pretty easy to keep your pants around your upper shins when on the throne. Drop your trousers to just below your knee, sit down while holding them there, and spread knees apart. Pistol stays in its holster, out of sight of prying eyes beneath the stall, your pants stay dry, and you don't forget anything.

I can't believe I just had to explain that.

But is it more tactical to wipe front to back, back to front, sideways or with the ever popular "auger method"?

I think we're all over-thinking this scenario, I mean - so what if the FAM thinks you're a threat, you're the one with the gun. I personally recommend ordering a beer, having someone hold it, stand up and yell "I HAVE A GUN AND I'D LIKE THE AIR MARSHAL TO COME GET IT!!!"

***Only downside is if you're dealing with stupid hijackers instead of stupid FAMs***

You walk out of the bathroom and grab the intercom and hit #96 like your at Walmart.
Then proceed to say "attention flyers if you left your Sig P229 in 357 Sig in the rear lavatory. Please see the flight attendant at the rear of the aircraft".

OMFG, I would be laughing hysterically at the person frantically checking themselves over.. Gotcha![rofl]

That's when they find out it was dropped down the loo..[smile]

Last edited:
You walk out of the bathroom and grab the intercom and hit #96 like your at Walmart.
Then proceed to say "attention flyers if you left your Sig P229 in 357 Sig in the rear lavatory. Please see the flight attendant at the rear of the aircraft"
You would be arrested for interfering with a federal air marshal or a similar contrived charge. Both the marshal and the service would want to deflect. Whoever offered himself up to the authorities would get burned, even if the authorities had to make up a law to do it.

Well, one could try to not make a big scene over it, but one way or another the FAM would out himself/herself responding to the scene! I prefer to do things low key, but if they insist . . . oh well, let the chips fall as they may!

...I would start to get really worried if the gun was not a Sig .357 or .40. If it was a .40, I'd ask if I could talk to a pilot (.357 for FMSs, 40s for FFDOs the last I checked)...

...the FFDO program has specific guidelines for the type of weapon an FFDO may carry...
http://www.tactical-life.com/tactics/arming-pilots-with-glocks/

Upon successful completion, the pilot is deputized as a federal law enforcement officer and issued a TSA-approved firearm and federal flight deck officer credentials.
https://www.tsa.gov/news/releases/2015/12/14/federal-flight-deck-officer-training

Pilots who do carry firearms are Deputized Federal Law Enforcement Officers (FFDOs) and are issued the HK USP .40 Compact with LEM Trigger.

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/archive/index.php/t-177953.html

Back
Top Bottom