• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Typical Obama Whitehouse response

I am happy that we are offering these services to our heroes. My dad is a Vietnam era vet and was career Navy and I have seen him have to fight to keep his benefits and gain access to services he was promised when he joined.

That being said, which is worse: Obama ignoring / not commenting on this new center or John "The Maverick" McCain voting against expansion of VA benefits?

I am happy that we are offering these services to our heroes. My dad is a Vietnam era vet and was career Navy and I have seen him have to fight to keep his benefits and gain access to services he was promised when he joined.

That being said, which is worse: Obama ignoring / not commenting on this new center or John "The Maverick" McCain voting against expansion of VA benefits?

Blindfire, good point. McCain has never been a friend of veterans, at least in my book. While I am 100% disabled, I have seen my benefits and health care improve under Obama. While I still have the fear he'll just cut them off some day, he has increased services so far in his term.

So what you're saying is the Obama Admin. is pro veteran. I suppose personal experience speak louder than perception. But I find it hard to believe that the long term results for veterans under this regime can be positive.

Blindfire, good point. McCain has never been a friend of veterans, at least in my book. While I am 100% disabled, I have seen my benefits and health care improve under Obama. While I still have the fear he'll just cut them off some day, he has increased services so far in his term.

Bill, I've seen no increase in vet care or benefits in the past 2 years.

We need to get together over a burger and discuss this !

So what you're saying is the Obama Admin. is pro veteran. I suppose personal experience speak louder than perception. But I find it hard to believe that the long term results for veterans under this regime can be positive.

Yeah, well while Bush talked a good talk, he cut benefits and restricted availability to mental health facilities for PTSD and Brain Injured patients in the VA. Services were being cut routinely. While I am no fan of Obama, for some reason I can't understand, he has opened a lot of doors and loosened requirements for care for many vets.

I don't know what the SOB Obama is up to, but so far it has been beneficial. McCain and Bush made lots of visits to Walter Reed, with photo ops for all, but I couldn't get to see a doctor.

McCain was worse than nuteral. He was an enemy to those needing help. Coming from a Navy family, he said vets didn't need the VA, they should take care of their own medical needs like he did when he got out. Yeah right... son and grandson of admirals, he could afford doctors us grunts couldn't afford.

I respect McCains years in prison, but I have no respect for his dealings with vets, or the imigration laws he championed with Kennedy.

Pilgrim, just this week Obama's administration changed the rules for treatment for PTSD. No longer do you have to PROVE ONE INCIDENT was traumatic and the cause of PTSD, Depression and Brain injuries. They have recognized that the stress of being in frequent rocket and artillery and other enemy actions could add up to a serious problem for many, even if they could not document being in firefights like I had to.

It's got more to do with the new Vets from Afghan and Iraq. Sometimes just too much time in the field, outside the wire. You're tense and stressed worried about being killed day after day. This administration has realized it's a problem. You don't have to be Audie Murphy to get help. Like I said before, it took me over 4 years to get my first claim approved for 10%, and that was with very strong documentation that Iwas involved with combat, including a few awards that specifically state.... for actions as a COMBAT PHOTOGRAPHER. Because my MOS wasn't 11Bravo, the VA wouldn't approve. (Screw it, I'm sick of talking about it.)

Now, as of last week, the VA is asking those who have been refused in the past to re-apply for benefits.

Like I said Dennis, I don't understand why he's doing this, but on your next trip to the VA, ask some others how they feel about McCain.

Of course I VOTED for McCain, but that was just because he was the better man, not because of his position on Vet's rights.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom