• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

TX - Suspect Killed & Homeowner Wounded In Home Invasion Gunbattle

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/metropolitan/6875461.html

A north Harris County man shot a pair of suspected home invaders on Friday, killing one and wounding the other, during a gunbattle outside his house, officials said.

The homeowner was also wounded, authorities said.

“He was shot by one of the suspects,” said Sgt. Craig Clopton with the Harris County Sheriff's Department. His condition was not available.

Gunfire erupted at 11:30 a.m. at a home in the 1300 block of Spring City after two people forced open the front door, officials said. The homeowner and the suspects both were armed and exchanged gunfire, authorities said.

One attacker, an adult, fell to the ground in the yard. He was later pronounced dead at the scene. The wounded juvenile ran to a nearby home in the 14000 block of Coveney and pounded on the front door.

“He told me that he had gotten shot and to call his mother. I thought he was just crazy,” said Pamela Grant, who cares for an elderly woman who lives there.

Grant said he came to the window and showed her his foot, where he had been apparently struck by gunfire. She could tell that he was bleeding.

“I told him to get away, but he wouldn't leave,” Grant said.

By that time, deputies had arrived. The youth was taken by ambulance to a hospital. His condition was not available.

Courtney Brooks, who lives nearby, was watching television when the commotion started.

“There was shooting, and my dogs were barking,” Brooks said. “A good five minutes later, that's when I heard the sirens coming.”

Brooks looked outside and saw a pair of Harris County sheriff's deputies standing over the juvenile lying in the front yard of his neighbor's house.

He said the deputies tried to question the juvenile about an accomplice.

Irma Miranda, who has been staying at her brother's home for the last few months, said the area has recently been plagued with crime.

“It seems quiet, but lately there has been a lot of robberies. It's scary,””she said.

Miranda said someone recently broke into her brother's home, and she said she knew of at least two other houses on the same street that have been struck by burglars.

“They just kicked it (the door) in, and they went straight for the TV,” Miranda said.

Sheriff's officials at the scene could not confirm whether Friday's home invasion suspects could be linked to other crimes in the area.

I bet the crime rate drops a little bit in the future. I hope the homeowner fully recovers.

Back
Top Bottom